Title says it all, same plant, fan leaves drastically different colors all over

Attachments

• Deficiency1.jpg
    Deficiency1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • Deficiency2.jpg
    Deficiency2.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 53
I don't see a deficiency either. What I do see is the claw... and a deep deep green that tells me that you are giving way too much nitrogen. Back off on your nutes, you are giving too much or giving it too often

Is the claw that dark red at the base of fan leaf? thats what is scaring me, first time grower im very noob lol.

no, that is not anything definitive although it could be being caused because the extra nitrogen is locking out other things like magnesium. I am speaking to the down turned claw like appearance of your lower fan leaves at the ends and way too dark of a green color to be healthy. Nitrogen toxicity can be more harmful than not having enough Nitrogen.

The most frequent mistakes that new growers make is 'too much love'. You can love your plants to death.
The most common mistakes are: too much fertilizer and too much water. In other words, too much love.

caused because the extra nitrogen is locking out other things like magnesium
Yea, I was in the process of writing the above, when you wrote this. And I agree. I hate to use the word 'deficiency' because I don't want OP pouring magnesium on this plant; but, the redness is actually a lacking in magnesium ... but that is being caused by 'too much love'.

Advise to OP: You need to get some equipment; not expensive but you need it.

LONG TERM:
* You need a Ph meter. Don't bother with the cheap ones, they suck and you can't trust em. Spend $100 on one, learn how and why to use it.
* Get a PPM meter. Cheap ones work just fine, spend $10. Learn how and why to use it.

SHORT TERM:
* Let that plant dry a bit. Stop watering and feeding for at least a day; probably more. Don't even think about water till it is getting dryish two or three inches below the surface.
* When you do feed/water again, use half strength nutes. In PPM language that's going to be about 350 to 450 ppm. No more. Do that for a week.
* In future only water when they need it, not on a timer, never just before lights out (who likes to sleep with we feet?).

She'll be fine, but you gotta let her rest and recover.
It's not bad - yet.

no, that is not anything definitive although it could be being caused because the extra nitrogen is locking out other things like magnesium. I am speaking to the down turned claw like appearance of your lower fan leaves at the ends and way too dark of a green color to be healthy. Nitrogen toxicity can be more harmful than not having enough Nitrogen.

Thank you very much, ive realised i was using the wrong grow big, meant for soil, one of the differences is it has about double the nitrogen of the hydro grow big :/

The most frequent mistakes that new growers make is 'too much love'. You can love your plants to death.
The most common mistakes are: too much fertilizer and too much water. In other words, too much love.

Yea, I was in the process of writing the above, when you wrote this. And I agree. I hate to use the word 'deficiency' because I don't want OP pouring magnesium on this plant; but, the redness is actually a lacking in magnesium ... but that is being caused by 'too much love'.

Advise to OP: You need to get some equipment; not expensive but you need it.

LONG TERM:
* You need a Ph meter. Don't bother with the cheap ones, they suck and you can't trust em. Spend $100 on one, learn how and why to use it.
* Get a PPM meter. Cheap ones work just fine, spend $10. Learn how and why to use it.

SHORT TERM:
* Let that plant dry a bit. Stop watering and feeding for at least a day; probably more. Don't even think about water till it is getting dryish two or three inches below the surface.
* When you do feed/water again, use half strength nutes. In PPM language that's going to be about 350 to 450 ppm. No more. Do that for a week.
* In future only water when they need it, not on a timer, never just before lights out (who likes to sleep with we feet?).

She'll be fine, but you gotta let her rest and recover.
It's not bad - yet.

Sooo i kinda just refreshed my resevoir after reading it had too much nitrogen :/
I had just refreshed it yesterday (hate wasting those nutes) but I was using the wrong grow big,
i bought the proper bottle but never threw out the old one :/

I will wait until the buckets are very low before refilling

Your in hydro? We assumed soil so the over-watering was directed towards a soil or soilless grow.

Yes im using a ghetto home made DWC. Its a couple 5 gallon buckets connected by 2 hoses,
I have a submersible pump in there to circulate but i only turn it on a few times a day.

You should be good with that. You have roots in the water now?

They should be, i havent actually looked at them for weeks i should probably do that.
Made the system so that i could take water out of/add new water without touching the plant,
hoping i can lift this girl without hurting it on the netting.

It's always good to be able to inspect the roots. Net pots work good and are cheap.

It made me uncomfortable lifting the lid against the tension of the netting lol, but the roots looked healthy,
take up about half the bucket and reach to the bottom of the bucket.

I don't see a deficiency either. What I do see is the claw... and a deep deep green that tells me that you are giving way too much nitrogen. Back off on your nutes, you are giving too much or giving it too often
I think the problem was a lot worse than those pictures showed.
So after a day of the proper nutes with half the nitrogen i hadnt seen any changes.
I swapped it out for just fresh PH'd water and its been about a day since then and i still
havent seen much change :(

Is there some type of flushing product or something i can buy or do to help her?

Attachments

• Claw -_-.jpg
    Claw -_-.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
To much nitrogen during flower will cause that leaf curl but it may also produce more resin in the long run just cut back a bit on the nutrients and wait she should recover.

Heres hoping :).

I suspected something was wrong and didnt do my due diligence at all...
Ive only had to raise the lights about 2 inches in the last 3 weeks... Im very noob but that sounds like a big red flag i didnt catch.

Back
Top Bottom