What Deficiency Is This?

Peterpangreen

Hello!
I am in week 6 of flower and my shining silver hazes are showing this deficiency. Some of the leafs feel a bit crispy. Anyone know what this problem could be?
pH between 6.0-6.5 and EC around 1.3
I'm using Plagron nutes
IMG_20210116_214557.jpg
IMG_20210116_214533.jpg
IMG_20210116_214505.jpg
IMG_20210116_214455.jpg
IMG_20210116_214436.jpg
IMG_20210116_214412.jpg
IMG_20210116_214358.jpg

Hi. I'm seeing potential phosphorus and calcium deficiency - could be nute lockout. Presumably you are growing in soil if your ph is in that range? Have you considered a flush?
Yes I'm growing in lightmix soil. Also added a little dosage of calmag but didnt help allot..
Any tips?

I also think they are locked up. A heavier dose of calmag may be required. How did they respond to the first treatment?
A little bit better, how can they get locked up.
I always managed pH between 6-7

When the nutes are applied to the grow medium the residuals form the nutes form around the roots and in the grow medium preventing the plant from being able to absorb the nutes. When this happens to keep herself alive the plant will start cannibalizing her own leaves for the nutes needed to survive.

Yes I'm growing in lightmix soil. Also added a little dosage of calmag but didnt help allot..
Any tips?
I would suggest a short flush and go back to basics for a couple of days before supplementing with anything. Calcium can be locked out when there are high levels of potassium for example. But I’m seeing a few deficiencies potentially so you may have a more serious lockout. Which is why I think a flush is a good course of action.

I would suggest a short flush and go back to basics for a couple of days before supplementing with anything. Calcium can be locked out when there are high levels of potassium for example. But I’m seeing a few deficiencies potentially so you may have a more serious lockout. Which is why I think a flush is a good course of action.
Thanks for your advise, I thoight it was a short coming on nutes and wanted to up the NPK base nutes to give them more P..
But first flush it then would be better?

Thanks for your advise, I thoight it was a short coming on nutes and wanted to up the NPK base nutes to give them more P..
But first flush it then would be better?
Things like this are quite difficult to diagnose. I would definitely suggest a short flush, just to clear out any salt build up, and go from there. I think this is safer than feeding more of anything.

Consider that N, P and K are all mobile in Marijuana plants, so if the plant needs it, it will take it predominantly from the lower growth first.

:peace:

Things like this are quite difficult to diagnose. I would definitely suggest a short flush, just to clear out any salt build up, and go from there. I think this is safer than feeding more of anything.

Consider that N, P and K are all mobile in Marijuana plants, so if the plant needs it, it will take it predominantly from the lower growth first.

:peace:
Flushing is quite a job with 25 ladies in the room!

Flushing is quite a job with 25 ladies in the room!
Is it happening to all of them? You could leech a weaker nutrient solution through instead of flushing, it will help flush salt build up and might be less disruptive than flushing.

Either way, i think, you have some sort of lockout. And if that's the case, feeding more might just make it worse.

Is it happening to all of them? You could leech a weaker nutrient solution through instead of flushing, it will help flush salt build up and might be less disruptive than flushing.

Either way, i think, you have some sort of lockout. And if that's the case, feeding more might just make it worse.
I'm planning to do this for this week and see if they recover with newer growth. It's just a pain in the ass to do a full flush 3 times the size of buckets with so many plants and in the mean time also doing a make over in my house.. maybe my mistake to give nutrients every watering from the start? Any tips on this to prevent this form of salt build up in the future, maybe give them nutes and watering then nutes etc. ?

I'm planning to do this for this week and see if they recover with newer growth. It's just a pain in the ass to do a full flush 3 times the size of buckets with so many plants and in the mean time also doing a make over in my house.. maybe my mistake to give nutrients every watering from the start? Any tips on this to prevent this form of salt build up in the future, maybe give them nutes and watering then nutes etc. ?
I've seen what you are seeing growing under LED before, and most of the time it's nute burn/lock out. Both of which I usually solve with a short flush/leach (i actually prefer leaching if it's run to waste).

If you are growing under LED lighting, I believe lighter feeds works better. That's definitely a lesson i've learned growing under LED. And when the humidity is low. LED + Low RH = Potential headache.

Do you use LED lighting?

Also, i appreciate how much of a pain flushing all of those is going to be. If i knew it was that big a job (25 plants), i wouldn't have been so flippant with the suggestion. I didn't mean to cause you more problems :peace:

If i were in your position (and assuming leaching is accepted practise in soil) I would go with leaching. Is it affecting every plant?

I've seen what you are seeing growing under LED before, and most of the time it's nute burn/lock out. Both of which I usually solve with a short flush/leach (i actually prefer leaching if it's run to waste).

If you are growing under LED lighting, I believe lighter feeds works better. That's definitely a lesson i've learned growing under LED. And when the humidity is low. LED + Low RH = Potential headache.

Do you use LED lighting?
Yes I am growing under a 600W HLG Quantumboard + 240W Quantumboard.
So total 840W samsung led quantboards.
I am seeing nute burn now indeed.
Never heard of leaching, is that a light feed?
The few plants that aren't showing this deficiency yet or lightly, are darkgreen.

Yes I am growing under a 600W HLG Quantumboard + 240W Quantumboard.
So total 840W samsung led quantboards.
I am seeing nute burn now indeed.
Keep an eye on your room temp and rh. And I’d suggest keeping the feeds light.
Never heard of leaching, is that a light feed?
The few plants that aren't showing this deficiency yet or lightly, are darkgreen.
Pretty much, just a weak nutrient solution. I’ve found that shiny dark green leaves would suggest over fertilisation.

Back
Top Bottom