what did i do wrong

CAtransplant

CAM000677.jpg

View image in gallery

I am running a 3.5 g dwc with ionic grow at the rate of 3 tsp per gallon with a 2" cylinder air stone and a 44 gph pump under 8 100 watt equivalent bulbs in a 2 x 2 x 5 foot cabinet please can anyone look at the pics help a new grower out please : )

Could you read this over: How to Ask for Grow Support

And then fill in ALL information:

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

5 plants no pests
Indica
Vegitative stage 3 weeks from germinated bag seex
Not sure on media temp
Indoor oin 2x2x5 foot cabinet
Hydro/dwc 3.5 gallons
Clay rock media
Not air cooled
Ph 6
Ionic grow 3 1 5 3 tsp per gallon
8 100 watt equivalent cfls

Sorry about that again im new to the forum lol
Res temp -not sure i dont have a thermometer for it
Bulbs- 8 23 watt 1550 lumen bulbs
Room temp- 75 -80 F
Rh - not sure sorry

For Hydro Reservoir temp is very important, I suggest getting a thermometer ASAP. It's an essential part of a successful grow.

Hygrometers are pretty cheap too, you can get them at any pet store in the reptile section, and often large big box stores will carry them as well. They're very useful for keeping your environment controlled, as Veg and Flower have different needs for humidity levels.

They also come in handy when drying and curing your buds.

You're only looking at about $10 for both, and some big box stores will carry a thermometer/hygrometer combo for only a few dollars.

I have to ask.. you don't plan on keeping all 5 plants in that 1 bucket, do you?

What are you feeding for Micro nutrients? Or is Ionic grow your only nutrient source?

On the surface it appears to be a simple Nitrogen deficiency. You have a 3.5 gallon res, did you put 10.5 teaspoons total in there?

Thank you will do asap on the meters. As for nutes ionic grow is the only one i am using and yes 10.5 tsp precisely to the 3.5 gallons. Also where should temp and humidity be for veg? For flower? Also how would i remedy the situation with the nitrogen

In my soil growing experience, I've simply been able to increase the amount of nutrients I'm using and it corrects Nitrogen deficiencies.

Were you feeding nutes all along when this problem showed up? Did it show up before feeding nutes?

Some of your questions will need someone more experienced in hydro to assist you, as I'm still learning some of the hydro specifics myself.

Oh ok and no i just transplanted them from soil no nutes till bout 2.5 3 weeks the i switched to dwc. And honestly regardless of your experience it helps quite a bit

The nute time is soil is right about dead on. That's right around when I start feeding mine. And I'm glad you mentioned the transplant from soil to hydro, it might help in further diagnosing/correcting the problem.

In the meantime, I would suggest getting your hands on some kind of micro nutes to use as well.

The ionic grow contains the Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium, but Cannabis also needs Calcium, Magnesium, and several others.

I just wish I could help more, I just don't want to give you the wrong advise and cause further damage. Be patient, and someone with more Hydro experience will pop in.

:Namaste:

I do not know about Ionic nutrients, but if Anitics is correct about what it contains then you will need all the micro nutrients of which there are 13. They should all be contained in a micro nutrient bottle. But ask your local grow shop to be sure you are getting one that does.

I had a disease on one of mine when it was that young. All i did was pinch off those leaves as far down as i could and pray that it never spread. Whats on yours doesnt look like a disease but some type of environmental Issue but until you get it fixed i would personal remove some of those leaves. Some might disagree but thats my take.
20140702_224151.jpg
20140705_224730.jpg
20140731_192800.jpg

I do not know about Ionic nutrients, but if Anitics is correct about what it contains then you will need all the micro nutrients of which there are 13. They should all be contained in a micro nutrient bottle. But ask your local grow shop to be sure you are getting one that does.

Yeah the Ionic grow is a 3-1-5 and there is no mention of Micro nutes on the label.
It also seems a weaker concentration than some I've seen. My nutes for example are a 7-6-11 for early growth, then the ratio changes through different growth stages.

Hey guys just an update it was a magnesium issue so i added GH cal mag to my setup along with a small fan and an upgraded 5 gal bucket instead of the 3.5 gal one. Im uploading pics as we speak

Back
Top Bottom