What do I need to start growing Cannabis

Hey captain welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Do you have a plan for your grow.
If you go to frequently asked questions we can all help with any issues you need answers for.
Also if you start a journal regardless of situation we will all jump in and give advice how to set up and get started.
Check out our sponsors for a great deal on any equipment you need.
Have you read any journals?
There are lots of people explaining their set up and why they do it that way.
If you need anything specific answered you can tag any of us like this @Bill284 .
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill
This was great info, awhile ago now before anything was legal, I had about 6 plants that were going good until I read about the the male and female, is it the male that produces the flower& seed, and the female that gets the buds? And once you determine which plant is gonna bud do you have to get rid of the male plant? And when is it to late that u won't get buds

This was great info, awhile ago now before anything was legal, I had about 6 plants that were going good until I read about the the male and female, is it the male that produces the flower& seed, and the female that gets the buds? And once you determine which plant is gonna bud do you have to get rid of the male plant? And when is it to late that u won't get buds

Males produce flowers that open & drop pollen. Females produce buds, that if you let any pollen from the male get on it, it will produce seeds. yes, you have to get rid of the males if you don't want seeds. you will get buds if pollinated but not as good a smoke & full of seeds

Male flowers will hang (pic) female will be upright (calyx) & have 2 white hairs coming out the top & turn into the bud with multiple calyx

IMG_1373.JPG

:thanks:Males produce flowers that open & drop pollen. Females produce buds, that if you let any pollen from the male get on it, it will produce seeds. yes, you have to get rid of the males if you don't want seeds. you will get buds if pollinated but not as good a smoke & full of seeds

Male flowers will hang (pic) female will be upright (calyx) & have 2 white hairs coming out the top & turn into the bud with multiple calyx

IMG_1373.JPG

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Here is a checklist and a brief explanation of each item you need to start growing Cannabis at home. Once you’ve got these, you can grow weed, even if you’ve never done it before.

Cannabis Seeds
Obviously, for growing Marijuana, the most important item on your checklist is Cannabis seeds. Try to buy them from reputable vendors or seed banks.

Photoperiodic Cannabis seeds
Photoperiodic seeds may produce either male or female plants.
The Flowering stage in photoperiodic Cannabis plants starts when the lighting schedule changes from 18/6 to 12/12 hours of light/darkness. Outdoors, they will start flowering when the days grow shorter, usually in Autumn.

Feminized Cannabis Seeds
Feminized photoperiodic Cannabis seeds produce female plants that start the Flowering stage when the lighting schedule switches from 18/6 to 12/12 hours of light/darkness. Outdoors, they will start flowering when the days grow shorter, usually in Autumn.

A growing environment with light and airflow
Outdoor Cannabis crops growing in soil thrive under the sunlight, but what about indoor grows?
An indoor growing environment may be a bucket, a tent, a box, an entire room, you name it. You can grow weed in a small or big environment, but you’ll need light and airflow for your plants to thrive. Cannabis plants need artificial light to live indoors, and there are lots of options in the market.

Additionally, a Thermo-hygrometer, a combined thermometer/hygrometer, comes very useful for tracking temperature and humidity levels. They come in pocket size and will save you lots of trouble and time guessing if environmental conditions are optimal.

The best lights for growing Cannabis
First of all, we don’t recommend incandescent light bulbs for growing weed at any stage. Don’t waste your resources trying to grow with them.

Your plant needs light as soon as it pops out from the soil.

Cannabis seedlings are not yet able to process high-intensity light. Led lights or lower wattage lights are better for this stage. A cold (blue) spectrum light is better for this stage, as it promotes vegetative growth.

During the first week or two after the seed has sprouted, you can light your seedling with CFL lights. You can start the germination process and you won’t need potent growing lights yet. Don’t wait too long to get them because you’ll need them soon!
Thank you for a great checklist, my friend!

I recently came across some feminized marijuana seeds . There's too much choice for me, and I don't have any experience. And I don't even know what to look for, but it suits me because there is delivery to my area. I'm planning to plant something for a trial outside directly in the ground on a small farm. So I need something simple and unpretentious? I don't have the extra money to grow it in ideal conditions.Help me to chose. Or advice something else. Thanks.

I recently came across some feminized marijuana seeds . There's too much choice for me, and I don't have any experience. And I don't even know what to look for, but it suits me because there is delivery to my area. I'm planning to plant something for a trial outside directly in the ground on a small farm. So I need something simple and unpretentious? I don't have the extra money to grow it in ideal conditions.Help me to chose. Or advice something else. Thanks.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
I'm not sure where your located but @Herbies Seeds is a sponsor and will give you a discount.
I use them because of there terrific genetics.
Good genetics are the most important aspect of your seed choice IMO.
They have discrete packaging and excellent customer service, also important when purchasing your seeds.
I'm currently growing the dessert mix. Great strains.
If you want to say Hi and meet everyone here is a link.
Anything I can help with just do this @Bill284 and I'll come to see what you need.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
BILL284 😎

PSX_20230628_050251.jpg

PSX_20230628_050130.jpg

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
I'm not sure where your located but @Herbies Seeds is a sponsor and will give you a discount.
I use them because of there terrific genetics.
Thanks, man, you've definitely convinced me. I was just browsing their website looking for feminized marijuana seeds. I heard these type of seeds are more suitable for beginners. They say they deliver to Europe. I am from Ukraine and I hope that in their understanding we are part of Europe))) Well, I definitely consider myself a European... To the point. I wanted to grow outdoors on my farm. After reading some information on the forum, I realized that it was too late for that. So I have a lot of time until the next season to decide on a strain. Advise me on something that is as resistant to weather conditions as possible. Our summers have been very unstable these days.

Thanks, man, you've definitely convinced me. I was just browsing their website looking for feminized marijuana seeds. I heard these type of seeds are more suitable for beginners. They say they deliver to Europe. I am from Ukraine and I hope that in their understanding we are part of Europe))) Well, I definitely consider myself a European... To the point. I wanted to grow outdoors on my farm. After reading some information on the forum, I realized that it was too late for that. So I have a lot of time until the next season to decide on a strain. Advise me on something that is as resistant to weather conditions as possible. Our summers have been very unstable these days.
If you hurry you could pop a few auto flowers into the ground.
They finish in 3 months.
If your waiting until next summer you can take your time and prepare.
When you say summer conditions are unstable, what do you mean?
High heat? Cold nights? Too much or not enough rain? Humid?
Depending on the conditions there are strains to suit the environment.
What is the prevalent issue?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

One week it can rain like a bucket and be cloudy all day long. The next week, it's a mad heat wave. And it keeps changing. Also this year, for example, June was without rain, and May was very cold and rainy. For example, I planted vegetables at the end of May.

If you hurry you could pop a few auto flowers into the ground.
They finish in 3 months.
If your waiting until next summer you can take your time and prepare.
When you say summer conditions are unstable, what do you mean?
High heat? Cold nights? Too much or not enough rain? Humid?
Depending on the conditions there are strains to suit the environment.
What is the prevalent issue?

they have a slightly nicer climate than southern ontario. milder winters for the most part with summers just a little longer.

One week it can rain like a bucket and be cloudy all day long. The next week, it's a mad heat wave. And it keeps changing. Also this year, for example, June was without rain, and May was very cold and rainy. For example, I planted vegetables at the end of May.

that's around the same time we do as well.

your deciding factor will be when the days start getting shorter in fall, and how quickly it gets cold. for you that is late september. you'll need 8 - 10 wks of decent weather after that, without killing frosts.

i'd advise starting the plants either indoor or in greenhouse and let them get past the seedling stage before planting. they need a little bulk before they go outside.

Back
Top Bottom