What Do You Do To Pass The Time?

RookieJuana

Lately I've realized the obvious...growing cannabis is all about one giant waiting game. You wait to get your seeds in the mail. You wait for them to germinate. You wait for them to break ground, then you impatiently wait while they veg for several weeks and then, and the worst of them all, you wait for them to finish flowering so you can harvest your medicine, all to go on and have to wait for it to dry and then cure before you can sample the fruits of your labor. So my question is, what do YOU do while you wait? Watch endless vids on YouTube? Research the strain you are growing? Help me pass the time as I wait with my girl in her last week of flower. I'd love to hear what you all have to say! I love you guys and this place!

Start a journal! Get a good camera and try to get some shots that are worthy of the competitions! Start building your soil or lights for your next grow! Last week of flower you have lots to do... make sure your drying area is clean... if you are bud washing, do you have your buckets and components ready? Do you have your curing figured out, and jars ready and clean? Are you going to need to order any boveda packs? Supplies for the next grow? It is time to be making lists...
Yes, waiting sucks.
Waiting will be easier next time when you can be stoned on this time's product. Good luck! :peace::love:

Think of how to make growing easier, and how to improve my setup. I work very hard at being lazy. I've put together an automatic watering system. Lately I can be found in the shop building a new grow light.

I also think about how to get consistent dosing for my meds. Hopefully I'll be able to achieve that by the end of the year. On top of my medical problems, I also suffer from the "lack-o-funds" disease.

Start a journal! Get a good camera and try to get some shots that are worthy of the competitions! Start building your soil or lights for your next grow! Last week of flower you have lots to do... make sure your drying area is clean... if you are bud washing, do you have your buckets and components ready? Do you have your curing figured out, and jars ready and clean? Are you going to need to order any boveda packs? Supplies for the next grow? It is time to be making lists...
Yes, waiting sucks.
Waiting will be easier next time when you can be stoned on this time's product. Good luck! :peace::love:
Hey congratulations on member of the month! And thank you so much for your input!

Think of how to make growing easier, and how to improve my setup. I work very hard at being lazy. I've put together an automatic watering system. Lately I can be found in the shop building a new grow light.

I also think about how to get consistent dosing for my meds. Hopefully I'll be able to achieve that by the end of the year. On top of my medical problems, I also suffer from the "lack-o-funds" disease.
Thank you old salt! You're always so kind to me! And helpful!

Yes, waiting sucks.
How does one start a journal? Thank you for your time!

How does one start a journal? Thank you for your time!

Lately I've realized the obvious...growing cannabis is all about one giant waiting game. You wait to get your seeds in the mail. You wait for them to germinate. You wait for them to break ground, then you impatiently wait while they veg for several weeks and then, and the worst of them all, you wait for them to finish flowering so you can harvest your medicine, all to go on and have to wait for it to dry and then cure before you can sample the fruits of your labor. So my question is, what do YOU do while you wait? Watch endless vids on YouTube? Research the strain you are growing? Help me pass the time as I wait with my girl in her last week of flower. I'd love to hear what you all have to say! I love you guys and this place!
It always helps to crack another seed , or ten , what’s your pleasure? And it beats chasing down som dealer with questionable over priced weed. Sketchy at best if u know what I mean.
Your abilities as a pot farmer will grow with experience by your third grow you’re a old hat looking for ways to improve potency and yields Lol

I wish I had time to pass! Not enough hours in the day. Between my personal grow, my patients grow, making deliveries I don't have much time left. What time I do get I'm either tending my veggie garden n fruit trees, shoveling snow, pruning trees and if I'm lucky I get to go fishing once in awhile.

My wife is always wondering what the hell I am doing in the basement for so long when I tell her I am just checking pH and ppm.... I am usually down there measuring my space, planning to add a second tent, planning on nute storage area, cleaning the outside of the tent, smoke some, etc

I do agree with others it's to find another hobby that can go side by side with growing. In my case, I am currently designing my own humidity/tent temp/water temp, light and fan controller. I am a data geek so I need to track the environment the plants grow in when I am not there. It quickly becomes an obsession lol

In my experience life is all about waiting for things. You wait to be old enough to go to school. Then be out of school. Then car, house, etc etc. I recommend investing in a timelapse camera and making growlapses. then you get the most out of your hobby both with something to do something to watch later.

I have yet to grow, i’ve been reading and waiting for retirement and legislation to pass....

From a practical standpoint, i rarely see it in bold print as you stated it, Patients!

I had no idea of the stages, and required time in each stage, and they are there for a reason and cant be skipped.

Dedication and tenacity come to mind in all the journals, no one left behind mentality!!!

My take is don't wait. Here's the explanation. I am in my late 70s, quite physically disabled but that after a very active physical life that provides some wonderful memories I contemplate. About 50 years ago I saw a film made by Babba Ram Dass (formerly Richard Alpert, as you may recall, a Harvard Prof who researched LSD in the1960s) in which he counseled process not product as being what's important in a task, and in life itself. The homely film example was washing dishes but such a focus works very generally too. If I were to focus on a future I would miss my present, and it has damn too few days remaining to suit me. My process I wager is like that of many others on this Forum. To start: extensive planning for seeds and outdoor location, carefully noting distinctions between seed strains. I plant 3 strains for comparisons from soaking the seeds before they touch the potting soil, how they differ as seedlings, then newly planted in eat pots in the ground and afterwards throughout their growing process. They are now several inches to 1 ft high (the Afghan Kush lady) and branching out. Strain differences reveal themselves in their branching and shaping very distinctively. Then there are the individual differences in a single strain that prompted me to call one GG4 plant, Runtie. She may surprise but likely not. As my plants become trees-they afford great pleasure visually-I closely monitor that process, how it differs with strain, sun and maybe even whimsey. I experiment with processing too, hanging some entire branches for drying, trimming others up front and now planning to also use recently acquired hanging circular racks too. I jar the dried product and air it for 1-2 months. Then comes the using, vaping, smoking, baking, kiefing and on and on. In the poem "Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock" Eliot has his character express: "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons" waiting, waiting, waiting..... My advice is don't miss the important stuff merely waiting.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom