What do you hate about growing?

Ok I have a new hate. I hermie plant you have to take down 3 weeks early.

Enough small bud to piss you off thinking about it. But was frosty enough to give you a fine buzz.

If only...

ES

pests. im pretty new to growing, i have a medical grow for about 10 patients and these people are counting on me! Last year in my outdoor grow i accepted a few tomato plants from a neighbor and i didnt quarrantine them(lesson learned) and got spider mites everywhere and have been battling them ever since. just in the last 2 weeks the tail end of my indoor season has gotten white flies/aphids! holy crap! i saw a few and then suddenly thyre EVERYWHERE!!! i got the sticky yellow things , got ladybugs, the spray i use to control the spider mites i think isint working for these sneaky little bastards. so today i ruthlessly went through and cut down 2 plants entirely and about half of one more, went through and looked at every single leaf and cut off any that had any of the little fuckers. another lesson learned. so now if i can limp across the finish line with this batch the room will get a good cleaning and bleaching and be left for the summer. In the fall i will start with the little yellow lollypops from the very start. so ok, whats next? this learning curve is sometimes painful! thanks for letting me vent fellas.

If Trimming bugs ya, purchase a spinner type of trimmer, trim when the stuff is wet, does a great job and takes far, far less time, like 1minute from 15 minutes. I enjoy that process. My spinner was about 290 US dollars.

In no particular order:
  • Mold
  • Hermaphrodites
  • Waiting on tap water to dechlorinate (these days I don't wait - just pour about a cap full of H₂O₂ into a gallon jug of water and done).
  • The electric bill (/repeat/repeat/repeat/...)
  • Not being able to use the microwave - or much of anything else - when the lights are on (ultra-low electrical capacity).
  • Having 30+ strains in my personal catalog, but only one or at most two seeds of the vast majority of them - and watching one after another fail to germinate. Bye, strain. Bye, strain. Bye, strain. Bye...
  • Customs
  • Those f*cking thieves that work at the NY ISC!!!
  • USPS employees who conveniently forget to deliver a package, then play "how many different branches can we send this thing to before the poor schmuck catches up to it."
  • Spider mites
  • Those tiny little russet(?) mites that are so small ten could probably ride on one spider mite's back, that can "overwinter" on a freaking cannabis seed, and that have been not-so-slowly making their way from out west over the past two-three years
  • Light leaks
  • Pollen-chuckers that think they're cannabis breeders
  • Too cold in the Winter (props to Cry of Love, lol)
  • Too hot Spring to Autumn
  • Fookin' indicas :rolleyes:
  • "Sativas" - that aren't
  • Shitty blurples
  • Changing a 25-gallon DWC reservoir by yourself before you obtained a five-year old's common sense and spent two bucks of a liquid transfer hand-pump
  • SKUNK! Coming home one evening and seeing half your neighbors gathered around your front porch. "We think we've finally got that little skunk b@start trapped under your porch."
  • Poor vision combined with "slight" color-blindness that makes the answer to the question, "Is it done, yet," IDFK.
  • Seeds in your "sinsemillia"

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head.

The worst part IMHO, waiting for the curing to finish!

I know what you mean. Sometimes I have to wait 5 or 10 seconds after they are dry enough to smoke. While curing is a must. What I find in that first smoke has everything to do with how or if curing takes place. All strains have good and bad pheno's. The good ones I like to give a nice long cure. All other are smoked when they are dry. Dry, sweat, dry and they are done and ready to be smoked. Flavors and smells will improve in most case's but not all. How high they get you will not change over time. If anything the longer they go the more THC they loose.
As far as I have found all strains should be smoked with in a year. While some strains like Blueberry store well. Other strains do not.
At 1 time I wanted a huge strain library of buds. Now I realize it is not possible to do. You could do it if you just wanted to look at it. If you wanted to go back and smoke a Kush from say 2005 It might get you high but t will have lost a lot of the qualities that you saved it for.
Grow, smoke, repeat.

Back
Top Bottom