what do you think about this idea?

sf42091

ok, so i was thinking about how when you grow, you are supposed to transplant so the roots can grow and use all the soil. you want to allow the roots to grow enough, but not too much before transplanting. and you do not want to grow in clear pots b.c of light. burying the plant up to the nodes can reduce height.
can't you grow in clear containers, and just slip it into a cover so light doesn't reach it. but slip off the cover now and then to observe growth and transplant at the perfect time?
:passitleft:

You could do that, sure. You can also determine the appropriate window for transplanting by the growth of the plant...just like any other plant.

I just plant the seed straight into its final pot, I never transplant, I don't see the point as I can de-risk a point of failure by circumventing it altogether :peace:

I just plant the seed straight into its final pot, I never transplant, I don't see the point as I can de-risk a point of failure by circumventing it altogether :peace:

So you've never had a problem with just growing in the final pot? No nute build up ever? Just curious about it because I wanted to try to do this. Anything I should watch out for when doing this?

no, never, they go straight from the dish of water to the soil. I only nute at about 1/8th strength with Earth Juice Leaf for the first week, then ramp it up to full and drizzle feed every 4 days or so. they show no signs of any stress or deficiencies, and you remove the stress/pain the ass of having to transplant.

I use Canna Terra soil by the way, and I'm an organic grower only, so Earth Juice and Humboldt Equilibrium, which is organic cal/mag, are the only feeds or supplements that I use :peace:

Back
Top Bottom