What Do You Think This Is?

PlugJug

HERE ARE PICS OF LEAFS FROM PLANTS GROWING IN MY AEROJET AEROPONICS SYSTEM..

THEY ARE ON WEEK 10..
PH-- 5.9
PPM-- 1200
LIGHT-- 1000W HPS ON A LIGHT RAIL.
PHOTOPERIOD--- 12/12
WATER TEMP.---77F
ROOM TEMP--- 80F

THE PROBLEM IS ONLY ON OLD BOTTOM LEAFS AND NOT ON ALL PLANTS..

I KNOW IT IS NOT BUGS OR MITES..

THE SPOTS LOOK LIKE PAINT SPOTS AND ARE RUFF TO THE TOUCH.

I DONT SEE THEM ON PLANTS IN THE SAME ROOM THAT ARE GROWING IN SOIL..

topside.jpg

underside.jpg

top_side.jpg

IMG_0073.JPG

Recalibrate your ph meter and take a reading. Same with ppm if you can.
Is this only on the oldergrowth? Are all the leaves dark like that? It looks like a minor defeciency maybe. Your ppm count should be below 980.

Urdedpal said:
Recalibrate your ph meter and take a reading. Same with ppm if you can.
Is this only on the oldergrowth? Are all the leaves dark like that? It looks like a minor defeciency maybe. Your ppm count should be below 980.
HAVE THREE PH METERS ANDTWO PPM METERS RECALIBRATE WEEKLY..
BUT DID NOT KNOW ABOUT 980 PPM !!!

OLD GROWTH DARK... NEW GROWTH IS A LIGHT GREEN.

THE CO2 MAKES THEM REAL DARK GREEN...

BUT MY PPM HAS ALLWAY BEN 1200 TO 1300 SO I WILL DO A RES. CHANG AND LOWER IT TO 980 AND SEE.......

THANKS.........

The new growth is light green, good.
980 ppm is a good number for most strains. 1200 to 1300 is full strengh and does cause burning, one of the reasons I keep a log, to adjust nute levels and find the perfect number for its growing stage. Your doing great for your first hydro grow, a lot better than I did on my first.

I had the same problem with my plants and I run flora nova grow at 1200 for veg, flower/grow for 1 week b4 and during 12/12 at 1200, and the rest of the flower at about 900 until 2-3 weeks pre harvest, then it's down to 200ppm of plain water and Kool Bloom.

I got similar spotting down the road with my girls, even during the 200ppm phase and finally figured out I had two problems. 1) I was burning holes in my leaves (all the way through to the underside) by spraying them when too close to the HID, the water was acting like a magnifying glass in some cases and cooking the leaves in spots. 2) I was getting leaf molds because ambient humidity was too high to let the leaves sufficiently dry out after foliar feeding.

After changed my spraying ways, (and removed the majorly affected leaves), everything went back to normal and I got a really really good harvest out of everything.

OK..
I WAS SPRAYING B4 12/12. SO THIS COULD VERRY WELL BE ONE OF THE PROBLEMS..
B4 FLOWERING I SPRAY ALL PLANTS WITH A NEEM OIL.MIX.TO PREVENT BUGS. AND I NEVER GET EM.

AND THE LIGHT IS VERRY CLOSE, IT IS ON A LIGHT RAIL, SO I CAN GET LIGHT MUTCH CLOSER THAN THE PLANTS WITH NO MOVEING LIGHTS.
AND THES ARE THE ONLY PLANTS WITH THE SPOTS...

SO WE WILL SEE IF THIS STOPS. OR IF I KEEP ON GETING THE SPOTS..

MY PPM IS NOW DOWN TO 980 PPM.AND I THINK THAT HAD A LOT TO DO WITH IT TOO....

THANK YOU ALL..

KEEP THE IDEAS COMING IN IF YOU HAVE SEEN THIS PROBLEM B-4..:peace:

could be the neem oil, the directions (on my bottle) say to apply it during the evening to prevent leaf burning (outside). b/c you can burn em with water, so just think about what an oily slick could do. i could be totally wrong though. stay green. peace.

Back
Top Bottom