What do you think?

MedicalMe

Short story: I was given about a half dozen photos (Northern Lights) that had been hanging in the guys basement for over a year. He had some problems with bud rot, and after manicuring and tossing the moldy stuff, I got about 3 ounces of bud that looks and smokes pretty good - but I’m really concerned about the mold. It doesn’t taste moldy, but I’m thinking it really isn’t a good idea to smoke this stuff. So: I thought I’d make some RSO. Once the weed is decarbed I assume any remaining mold spores would be killed. What do you think of this plan?

You are right; the mold would die in the heat. If there is no moldy taste to the weed (or smell) I might think twice, but it wouldn't hurt you, I wouldn't think, if the mold is dead.

Its not just the mold you need to worry about, but the pathogens the mold produces... I'd just toss it.

What pathogens?

Mold produces mycotoxins. While you are getting rid of the mold through your process, I would question if you are getting rid of the mycotoxins.

Mold produces mycotoxins
I did some research, and to be on the safe side I agree with chucking them. Not all molds produce mycotoxins, but some do and apart from lab testing there's no way to tell which do and which don't.

I did some research, and to be on the safe side I agree with chucking them. Not all molds produce mycotoxins, but some do and apart from lab testing there's no way to tell which do and which don't.

You are the wisest of the wise.

Back
Top Bottom