What do you use to water your soil with?

Im looking for ideas on devices that have made your task of watering a potted plant easier.

For example, if your mixing your nutrients into a 5 gallon bucket and getting ph balanced etc, and then dipping a watering can (if it will fit) into it. Or maybe your using some sort of siphoning rig.

Im looking for a very clever way of pre mixing 5 gallons and distributing it to the grow tent.

I mix up nutrients in a 5 gallon bucket and carry it to my closet. I use 1/2 gallon pail to dip out of the five gallon bucket. So I water a half a gallon at a time and usually do this three times per plant for a total of 1 and 1/2 gallons.

I use a 5 gallon bucket and mix all the nutes in it. Then I just use once of these to syphon it into the the plants. Works great.

Sierra Tools Battery-Operated Liquid Transfer Pump, Model# JB5684

1666043658176.png

I use a 5 gallon bucket and mix all the nutes in it. Then I just use once of these to syphon it into the the plants. Works great.
Sierra Tools Battery-Operated Liquid Transfer Pump, Model# JB5684
This more along the lines I'm thinking of...thanks everyone so far. Keep them coming!

Well its been some time since I started this thread. I was a growing Neophyte at the time and have progressed in knowledge and ability since then. Meanwhile, Its been a thorn in my brain for about a year now. How can I efficiently move nutes from a large vessel to the plants?

I had a hand pump jobby that leaked all over the place and took many many pumps to fill the Rekto pots®....no good. But, a few months ago I saw in Amazon, a little rechargeable pump that sits on top of 5 gallon water jugs that will pump out glassfulls. I finally put that initial thought into motion, and today I present to you.....

Baron Von Blurples Nütenschütz®

Consisting of :

1 5 gallon water vessel ----------------------------- 6.99 $
1 said 5 gallon water jug pump -----------------18.99 $
1 10 foot roll of 1/4 inch vinyl tubing -------- 12.99 $
1 1/4 inch barbed ball shut off lever --------- 16.99 $

Simple and easy. The project cost me 50 dollars and I got a extra shut off valve

If you dont put a shut off valve at the end, it will continue to siphon out the water all over the place, so you will want some way to pinch off that flow.

The most plants I've had going at once while flowering is about 20 and it does get tedious taking care of them all but not that hard and it's relaxing hanging around with the girls.

Over 20 years I've worked out methods that work for me. The big jug has a 50w aquarium heater in it so I feed my plant water that's just under 80F which is good for the micro-herd in the pots. A 6" airstone with a small air pump to keep it well oxygenated. I just plug those in an hour before I want to water the girls The big funnel makes it quick to fill the big jug with fresh RO water and fits the milk jugs to get measured amounts. The smaller blue jug is what I use for mixing up smaller batches of nutes and just move the airstone over to it to keep it mixed while squirting nutes in.

Different sized syringes to get precise measurements of liquid nutes and a 0.01g scale for the dry stuff. Picked that up for $2 at a friend's moving sale and it matches my $25 one exactly.

Works for me.

WateringJugs.JPG

:peace:

Up until now my favorite has been a small 3 cup plasting watering pitcher that you can find in any gardening section of any store. I liked the control it gave me to put the water right where I wanted, and to know exactly how much I was giving. The pitcher was translucent and by holding it up to the light you can see the water level, and I use a Sharpie to mark the 1, 2 and 3 cup levels.

Now that I have a multi room grow space and a LOT more plants, I have changed my ways. I have moved a 55 gallon barrel up to the attic grow rooms, to which I can pump water from my backyard well as needed. Inside the barrel I have one of my old hydro pumps, feeding into a 25' garden hose with an 18" spray wand attached at the end. Powered by a WYZE plug, I can turn the system off and on as needed as I work in the 3 rooms. It has taken no more than a week, and I am convinced... this latest is my favorite way to water.

DSCF8573.JPG DSCF8565.JPG

Back
Top Bottom