What Does a Spidermite Web Look Like?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
A spider mite web may be so small it is only seen under a magnifying lens, a microscope or Macro lens.
gf1234-2.jpg

gf1234-1.jpg

The following spider-mite images were contributed by: Squilly

The Collective:
gf1234-3.JPG

Close up:
gf1234-4.JPG

The eggs:
gf1234-5.JPG

Thanks for posting this. I have had a number of trials in getting rid of these little bastards and my greatest most permanent success was in the application of predator mites. Avoid Pyrethrin fogs and other chemical applications. I have had luck in slowing them down with Safer's soap...but predators busted these little pricks up. It was really quite satisfying also to actually watch them at work. Unlike spider mites the predators move MUCH faster and breed faster than spiders by FAR!:slide:

They come in a screen bag from the fridge and you store them and release as needed. The die off of ladybugs in my experience has been for obvious reasons the more you have released the more you have to clean up but honestly when they are ready to die they usually leave the plant altogether and go find a nice place to curl up and die, or they might mate.
I'm using coco in pots so if the concern lies with hydro tables or aero trays a secondary screen needs to be in place with the drain to catch the little buggers if they can't swim, but most of the time they will find a way back to the leaves for more food. Another tip is if they are dying maybe there is no food or too many predators.
Hope this helps!!!!

I tried the ladybugs once and they got messy to clean up and did not do much with the spidermite infestation. They are more suggested as a good cure for aphids.....I've never had to deal with aphids.:smokin:

i have not won the battle yet
i just keep blasting with soap and water but i am going to see what i can do to get rid of them .. i am 5 weeks from it being down and i dont want to come there and its all dead i did not have them at the start only showing up now.... i have used my fingers and smashed them to help but some spots hard to get

IF I KEEP TEMPS AT 75.00 COOKING AND 65.OO SLEEP , THAT SHOULD MAKE SURE I DONT GET EM , PARANOID .??????? WAT U THINK:adore::thanks::420:

IF I KEEP TEMPS AT 75.00 COOKING AND 65.OO SLEEP , THAT SHOULD MAKE SURE I DONT GET EM , PARANOID .??????? WAT U THINK:adore::thanks::420:

Those are fantastic temps however just pay attention to keeping your area nice and clean and you should be okay. Try not to bring clothes you wore outside into your grow area, but that is just if you really want to be sure you're keepin it sterile. :tokin:

If you really want to be safe you gotta make preventive actions. It's a lot easier to play defense vs. offense in order to keep them under control. Once you notice them, you have to take into consideration that you won't be able to get them all and they multiply very fast so you have to stay on top of your game. Sanitize all equipment and grow space after each use. Get some Azamax or Azatrol and start a soil drench regime about 2 weeks before your buds start filling in. keep giving light doses every 7-12 days to prevent any infestations. If that is not enough and you notice some pests, you can also mix to use it as a foliar spray. I would spray them every 5-12 days depending on severity of infestation. Between preventing pests with the soil drench and fighting infestations with both the drench and foliar spray you should be good to go

Back
Top Bottom