What does this girl want?

Cosmic Dave

Hello 420!!! this is my first post over here in the question section, so my hats off to you guys. I couldn't have made it this far without you!!!! :thanks:

So heres what ive got going on, Ive got this one plant, she was sprouted at the end of april and veged until the end of June. She was started in MG soil. When i got her around about 5/5, i transplanted her from a 1 gallon pot to the 3 1/2 gallon FFOF she in now, about the end of May. The long vedge was to let her sisters catch up in size to have a even canopy. She was put on 12/12 the last Saturday in June. Shes been getting watered about every 4 to 5 days with 1/2 strength FF Trio, Tapwater that is airiated and circulated 24 hrs before nutrients are added then circulated for additional 24 hrs, PH'd to 6.3 and 800 to 900 PPM. I dont know what she want's, if anything? The fan leaves on her are curling and getting brittle. Is this an issue or just normal flower cycle?
DSCN42724.JPG
DSCN42713.JPG
DSCN42701.JPG
DSCN42692.JPG
DSCN42682.JPG
DSCN42673.JPG

It looks to me like it is a little over fed and over watered, but those leaves often do start to die off in mid bloom.

It's perfectly normal for this to happen to the plants. When they near harvest they will use up stored nutes from the leaves. You want this to happen so the plant has a cleaner taste when it's used. Considering you haven't had many posts, you have pulled this grow off well. Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for the response Canna Montana, that's what I was thinking. Wow, I'm honored to get some advice from you I've been a fan of you and nismo's grow journals since I discovered that 420.

Hi Cosmic Dave

What does this girl want? This girl wants you to tell us her name.

It's difficult to give quality feedback if no info about the strain is provided. Or have I missed it? I went over your post three times and couldn't find it. How long is she supposed to flower?

That being said, she looks okay to me. Been into flower for what, 45 days? Being sativa-like, a month or so more to go?

She treats you well, perhaps too well, considering you've been calling her "this plant" :)

Best.

Thanks for the response Canna Montana, that's what I was thinking. Wow, I'm honored to get some advice from you I've been a fan of you and nismo's grow journals since I discovered that 420.

Thanks you Major PITA
I pretty sure it's not either of those things, the pot has been light every time ive watered. Generally every 4 to 5 days, now the one thing no one mentioned is root bound this plant has been in this pot quite a while.
Thanks for the kind words bud! It is so nice to hear we help people like people have helped, and will continue to help, us.

I don't think she's root bound too bad. If she were, she would need to be watered more often than 4-5 days. What size pot is she in?

Thanks you Major PITA
I pretty sure it's not either of those things, the pot has been light every time ive watered. Generally every 4 to 5 days, now the one thing no one mentioned is root bound this plant has been in this pot quite a while.

Yeah - I missed the fact she is in 3.5 gallons. That is a big plant for such a small pot. I bet she is VERY root bound and 4 days to need water is no surprise. I mentions the watering and feeding because of the droopy, curled, dark leaves and burnt tips.

Thanks you Major PITA

Yeah - I missed the fact she is in 3.5 gallons. That is a big plant for such a small pot. I bet she is VERY root bound and 4 days to need water is no surprise. I mentions the watering and feeding because of the droopy, curled, dark leaves and burnt tips. How often do you feed? Do you think it could be salt build up by now? MG and FFOF both have nute's already and you've been feeding on top of that.

Hi Cosmic Dave

What does this girl want? This girl wants you to tell us her name.

It's difficult to give quality feedback if no info about the strain is provided. Or have I missed it? I went over your post three times and couldn't find it. How long is she supposed to flower?

That being said, she looks okay to me. Been into flower for what, 45 days? Being sativa-like, a month or so more to go?

She treats you well, perhaps too well, considering you've been calling her "this plant" :)

Best.

Thanks for the advice, as far as strain its bag seed so your guess is as good as mine, as for names, if I name one I've got to name all five, lol, Then what about next time? Do you buy a baby naming book? Next they'll demand TV and Internet. Sounds like a slippery slope.:thumb:

Yeah - I missed the fact she is in 3.5 gallons. That is a big plant for such a small pot. I bet she is VERY root bound and 4 days to need water is no surprise. I mentions the watering and feeding because of the droopy, curled, dark leaves and burnt tips. How often do you feed? Do you think it could be salt build up by now? MG and FFOF both have nute's already and you've been feeding on top of that.

I thought the nutes in the soil only lasted about 3 weeks? I've only given her nutes 3 times and have been watering with PHd water with just a teaspoon of molasses and 3 ml of CalMag in between. A friend had this plant and one of my other girls sprouted mid April they had been outside in the MG soil and had already been up potted to a gallon pot when I got my setup on May 5th he gave me the two plants which I up potted to the 3 gallons about 2 or 3 weeks later. When I started my grow I had 19 plants all bag seed 16 were sprouted by me and then I had 3 older plants that were about 3 to 4 weeks into veg. Over the course of the months of May and June I weeded out the smallest/weakest looking plants and I ended up with 9 plants when I flipped the lights. 3 of the 9 were males so I now have 6 girls in a 4x4 tent. 4 are in 4 1/2 gallon pots and the two oldest are in 3 gallon pots. I never thought I would end up with this many plants. Hell I thought I'd have killed them all by now based on my track record with house and garden plants. I guess I helps if you care about what you are growing.

Thanks for the kind words bud! It is so nice to hear we help people like people have helped, and will continue to help, us.

I don't think she's root bound too bad. If she were, she would need to be watered more often than 4-5 days. What size pot is she in?
She is in a 3 or 3 1/2 gallon bucket. And she has been more thirsty than the 4 plants that I have in larger pots.
DSCN42924.JPG
DSCN42935.JPG

She is in a 3 or 3 1/2 gallon bucket. And she has been more thirsty than the 4 plants that I have in larger pots.
DSCN42924.JPG
DSCN42935.JPG
She will be more thirsty than the other ones because of a smaller pot. Before our photos go to dlower, they get a 7 gal pot. There is no need now to transplant, since the plant is flowering. The roots stop growing in flower. So, now you know for next time. Your plant will do just fine until harvest, you just have to keep in mind she needs to be watered more frequently. :passitleft:

The roots stop growing in flower.

I, respectfully, disagree. Roots do grow in flower, especially for the first couple of weeks after the flip, while a flowering hormone builds up to a critical level.

Granted, they grow faster in hydro that in soil, but they do grow noticeably, up to a month and more after the flip.

I was watching mine filling the bucket even five weeks into flowering. They have nearly doubled in size.

Best.

I, respectfully, disagree. Roots do grow in flower, especially for the first couple of weeks after the flip, while a flowering hormone builds up to a critical level.

Granted, they grow faster in hydro that in soil, but they do grow noticeably, up to a month and more after the flip.

I was watching mine filling the bucket even five weeks into flowering. They have nearly doubled in size.

Best.
Maybe I said it wrong. Lol. I was told when the photo or auto plant is actively flowering, the roots don't grow. So after stretch, the plant shows signs of flower. That's when root growth stops so the plant can use that energy to flower. I'm not sure how hydro works in the aspect of stretch/flowering and root growth. :Namaste:

I don't know about autos, never grew them, but I was watching my plants nearly double their root mass during the first five weeks of flowering. And I've even stopped feeding them root stimulator from the moment I've flipped them.

According to my observations, it's after the week four or five that the root growth slowly crawls to a stop.

I doubt that this issue is strain-specific. But maybe it is?

I don't know about autos, never grew them, but I was watching my plants nearly double their root mass during the first five weeks of flowering. And I've even stopped feeding them root stimulator from the moment I've flipped them.

According to my observations, it's after the week four or five that the root growth slowly crawls to a stop.

I doubt that this issue is strain-specific. But maybe it is?
It's hard to tell in a soil plant what it does after flowering. The darn soil gets in the way. Lol! All I can go by is what other members have said. Maybe it is more like 5 weeks, but I would be really cautious when transplanting in flower. I'd hate for the plant to be too stressed by the transplant and turn on ya.

Back
Top Bottom