What dry amendments to use for autoflower soil

Emilya, it has an organic fertilizer added that gives the plants what they need until the soil and microbes are able to provide. It's just what I need for now, but I eventually want to learn a lot more about TLO soil.
The systems seem very similar, just different implementations. I also add organic fertilizer, but I do in layers and nutrient spikes that I make as I build my containers. Ready to go organic soils always make me skeptical, and not being able to find a recipe so I can compare what organics it is built with makes me leary.

It looks like my book will be here tomorrow. Are these all ingredients that I will need? I want to go with the complete organic living soil like we were talking about. If these ingredients are what I'm going to need I can go ahead and start shopping. That way I can get soil cooking well before I'm ready to start the grow. Also, do you have a line on a good pump? I would like to find something that's really good Quality and plenty big for what I would need. I just have no idea what to look for as far as what type of pump for this type of growing. I've got a few things laying around here. I've got a whole bunch of coffee grounds that have been composted for a year now as well as a 50lb bag of dolomite that should last my family for generations to come LOL.
That's all you will need to build the soil. When your book comes look at the recipes for the flowering and vegging compost teas, and what he uses for layers and spikes... you will develop a new list of raw materials.
We can't provide links to amazon and such, but if you do a search for at least a 500gph aquarium/hydro air pump , you should be able to come up with a nice EcoPlus model for around $35 like what I have been using for years. Careful with coffee grounds or anything not in the recipe... winging it can easily knock the pH of the medium way out of kilter. I have used USED coffee grounds before and am again in this current grow... 1tbls around the stem of the plant early in veg.

You will have to ask Swagy, who started the thread. :peace:
I am curious though, what exactly is in the cali green recipe, and why is it ready to go without cooking? I looked all around for the recipe, and all I found was youtube videos... can you make it more clear how this differs from SubCool's mix?
Haha anyone who wants to learn is always welcome

That's all you will need to build the soil. When your book comes look at the recipes for the flowering and vegging compost teas, and what he uses for layers and spikes... you will develop a new list of raw materials.
We can't provide links to amazon and such, but if you do a search for at least a 500gph aquarium/hydro air pump , you should be able to come up with a nice EcoPlus model for around $35 like what I have been using for years. Careful with coffee grounds or anything not in the recipe... winging it can easily knock the pH of the medium way out of kilter. I have used USED coffee grounds before and am again in this current grow... 1tbls around the stem of the plant early in veg.
do you have any recipes I can use for compost teas ? I found a cheap little air pump already to just haven't bought it yet

20190109_160348_HDR.jpg
Also now that I have my soil all mixed up is there a temperature I need to keep I at to comlost correctly? cuz its still about 5 Celsius/41 Fahrenheit outside where I live

In my current journal there are two teas that I have used so far, completely described.
I just went and checked that out too. That's really cool to see the recipes. That does lead me to a question though. I see that it is usually recommended to use all of the tea that you have made. But in the past growing with an organic method widely used on this forum concentrating more on the BRIX those kits come with teas that are very concentrated and the small bottles are diluted in used throughout an entire grow or more. Is there something different about those teas that makes them stay good, concentrated in small bottles? Where most organic teas are recommended to be all used up after they are made that leaves me a little bit confused. I'm hoping you can shed some light on that for me to help me understand?

I just went and checked that out too. That's really cool to see the recipes. That does lead me to a question though. I see that it is usually recommended to use all of the tea that you have made. But in the past growing with an organic method widely used on this forum concentrating more on the BRIX those kits come with teas that are very concentrated and the small bottles are diluted in used throughout an entire grow or more. Is there something different about those teas that makes them stay good, concentrated in small bottles? Where most organic teas are recommended to be all used up after they are made that leaves me a little bit confused. I'm hoping you can shed some light on that for me to help me understand?
Especially early on, if I brew up a gallon of tea and then dilute that with another gallon of water, there is no way I could use all of that tea in one watering. I could keep bubbling it and keep adding more molasses to keep the microlife alive, and keep that brew going for 3-5 days until the next watering... but that just isnt necessary. No, there are times, especially in the beginning that I throw away a lot of tea or add it to my compost bin and even use it in foliar sprays for a couple of days. I am afraid of anaerobic bacteria growing in my old tea... so I don't reuse it. Later on, like now in my 3 gallon containers, 2 gallons of tea is just right... later on, it won't be enough.

The warmer the better, but i keep mine out in the garage and its not exactly warm out there... but it isnt outside either.
When the soil is kept in a bit colder area it probably ly takes a bit longer for the soil to "cook" right?

That is only my best guess, but I really don't know for sure. I do know that rootballs and stems and everything else breaks down just fine out there, even in the winter time
Just pulled myself out of that book for a bit. Wow, I'm getting excited to get some soil going... I have plenty of time, actually about 9 weeks left in flower on my current grow.

...as a fellow Ontarian(prolly way NW of you,,,oops... I may be off in geography...been reading a few threads)) sourcing quality organic products locally has been a challenge since I've thrown my hat into that ring a couple years now...thankfully it has improved, although I see a shift in dollar value, as what has happened with the designer cannabis nutes!...:cough:...seriously , if I was gonna grow that way, I would go back to MiracleGro...when used responsibly...same result...fraction of the cost...but as an older fella, I've become more in tune with what I want to be feeding my girlz, and in the end myself...I have pretty much all the above products in my repertoire,(props to Emilya) or a slight variation thereof...a couple things I didn't see mentioned, but are noteworthy...neem cake/meal, karange, malted barley and horsetail fern...the first two are very difficult to source in Canada( i rely on a friend in the Us)...the second two are easily accessible or free and very beneficial...If you have the inclination, check out bobrown or VanStank...another couple established soil growers here at the mag...one can never have too many tools in their arsenal to produce a healthy ,ass kickin', bountiful harvest...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Back
Top Bottom