What Else Do You Grow?

Ravenplume

So, surely I am not the only one for whom weed has become a gateway plant (gateway to growing other things, that is).

So, what else do the rest of you grow in addition to the happy trees?

For me, growing weed has led to also growing sun flowers, and has spurred an interest in working with this wild rose bush that has been here since before even my little brother had this house.

Pre-weed growing though, we were already interested in peppers, tomatoes, and other fairly easy things to grow.

Anyway, I have to say, these sun flowers are proving to be really satisfying to grow and work with, every bit as much as cannabis, and I am regretting not getting started on these two years ago. These are what I call a quick gratification. Easy to germinate and grow, and other than watering and some pest control, can be fairly hands off, yet still produces quick results.

And now I am looking into sun flower breeding and seeing what mad science can produce.

RG - Sunflowers--00.JPG

Sunflowers - 20200911-03.JPG
Sunflowers - 20200911-01.JPG

And here is Cleo, our "Wild Irish" rose bush, which I am planning on working with next year. Really too late in the season to do much with her now.

RG - Cleopatra - 00.JPG

And we just sacrificed our first red bell pepper of the year to our breakfast scramble (with chopped up scallion stalks that we grow out back)...

It was deeeeeelicious.

RG - Pepper - Red-00.JPG

I grew these veggies outside. I just expanded my indoor grow space so I can grow some lettuce, spinach, carrots and some micro greens... I have also been growing pickling cucumbers, I just started a new batch a couple of weeks ago. Keep that grow itch scratched...
veg.PNG

So, surely I am not the only one for whom weed has become a gateway plant (gateway to growing other things, that is).

So, what else do the rest of you grow in addition to the happy trees?

For me, growing weed has led to also growing sun flowers, and has spurred an interest in working with this wild rose bush that has been here since before even my little brother had this house.

Pre-weed growing though, we were already interested in peppers, tomatoes, and other fairly easy things to grow.

Anyway, I have to say, these sun flowers are proving to be really satisfying to grow and work with, every bit as much as cannabis, and I am regretting not getting started on these two years ago. These are what I call a quick gratification. Easy to germinate and grow, and other than watering and some pest control, can be fairly hands off, yet still produces quick results.

And now I am looking into sun flower breeding and seeing what mad science can produce.

RG - Sunflowers--00.JPG

Sunflowers - 20200911-03.JPG
Sunflowers - 20200911-01.JPG

And here is Cleo, our "Wild Irish" rose bush, which I am planning on working with next year. Really too late in the season to do much with her now.

RG - Cleopatra - 00.JPG
Next year you should try growing some Black oil sunflower seeds, they make great micro greens

Back
Top Bottom