Whatever Happened To Christmas Tree?

420 Warrior

Back in the day we used to get a variety of Cannabis we called "Christmas Tree". I'm not sure of it's lineage, but it was a very good strain and always seemed to come around in the fall time.

True to it's name, it was very lime green in color and the terpene notes were that of a piney, almost cedar smell and the high was an amazing cerebral (Sativa) head high, it was a great daytime smoke.

I have done some searching for a Christmas Tree strain, but I have yet to see it in any seed banks and haven't even heard mention of it since the 90's.

Does anyone remember this or was it just purely something geographical that we called it in my area?

We also had something that we called "Red Haired Sensimilla" back in those days and I haven't heard that name mentioned since the 90's either.

It would be great to know the lineage of these older strains as I'm pretty sure they would fall under the land race category?

Good luck finding it, as I said, I have looked for it but it doesn't seem to exist in any seed banks, unless it's got another strain name attached to it these days? IDK?
Yeah I went searching for it but I didn't see it at any of the seed banks. If anyone finds it PLEASE let us know I would Love to grow some next year so I have it for the holydays

Through all my smoking and sampling while driving for a dispensary i only came across the "pine scent" with the Cherry Pie Strain. Contrary to its namesake, it does not smell like pie. It may not be the same strain, but it has that immense amount of Pinene that gives a beautifully uplifting high. Late 90's was when i was able to $50 1/8ths that stunk to high Heaven of Pine. What strain was it? We just called it KGB.

I will go around to a couple fast moving threads so more people see the post and maybe someone knows where to get it or a strain that is close. I know Pine OG is a nice Pin and wood sent/taste But I am having trouble finding that one too. Maybe a strain with Pine and Wood flavor/sent

Back in the day we used to get a variety of Cannabis we called "Christmas Tree". I'm not sure of it's lineage, but it was a very good strain and always seemed to come around in the fall time.

True to it's name, it was very lime green in color and the terpene notes were that of a piney, almost cedar smell and the high was an amazing cerebral (Sativa) head high, it was a great daytime smoke.

I have done some searching for a Christmas Tree strain, but I have yet to see it in any seed banks and haven't even heard mention of it since the 90's.

Does anyone remember this or was it just purely something geographical that we called it in my area?

We also had something that we called "Red Haired Sensimilla" back in those days and I haven't heard that name mentioned since the 90's either.

It would be great to know the lineage of these older strains as I'm pretty sure they would fall under the land race category?

Is it possible that this wasnt its own legit strain, say maybe it was northern lights or something for example, and people were just calling it Christmas Trees?
People used to refer to weed in general as christmas trees where Im from.

ha that’s what we called it early 90s
Yep that's the strain I want to find. May not be possible to get the legit strain but something for a Nice substitute strain, Something with a Nice Pine and woody sent/flavor/taste. I Like Sativas so a nice sativa leaning hybrid with those qualities

i can only say that i have heard of this since my association with 420 mag. that's it,,:popcorn:

I'm not sure if "Christmas Tree" was any particular strain we have these days or not? Damn I wish I had kept those seeds!!!

It was really bright green in color and had an amazing smell, sweet, piney goodness!!! Always a treat around the holidays :yummy:

This is a question that comes up every so often, I think Christmas Tree must’ve been pretty popular for a while in the 90s. Supposedly “Pine Tar Kush” is a strain that people say is pretty close.

:passitleft:

Could've been that. I was thinking maybe something out of Hawaii or maybe even from somewhere like Thailand? IDK?

I'm thinking it would have probably been a landrace strain, especially from that time period, when there weren't so many actual breeders around like there are these days?

I didn't think I would ever need the few seeds we found in it back then, but I'm kicking myself now for not keeping them

If you're talking about a pot they used to call Christmas Bud back in the late 80's/early 90's, Hazeman Seeds Pine Tar Kush is supposed to be it. I was one of the folks that bounced the question around about a year or two ago, and people on this website led me to that information.
Now if I can only find the old 90's strain Monkey Paw! :lot-o-toke:

If you're talking about a pot they used to call Christmas Bud back in the late 80's/early 90's, Hazeman Seeds Pine Tar Kush is supposed to be it. I was one of the folks that bounced the question around about a year or two ago, and people on this website led me to that information.
Now if I can only find the old 90's strain Monkey Paw! :lot-o-toke:

Thanks for clearing that up Chimp. I'll certainly be looking into that strain and finding out all the gory details about it :thanks:

Pine Tar Kush Strain

Indica
THC: 18% - 22%

Pine Tar Kush is a 100% pure indica hybrid strain that is a direct descendant of the infamous Kush strain.

This infamous bud is named for its super woody flavor and insanely sticky feel.

Pine Tar Kush has a taste of pungent earthy pine with a hint of woody citrus that becomes spicy upon exhale, intensifying as you continue to smoke.

The aroma is just as tangy, with a skunky sweet smell that has hints of kushy citrus and pine.

Pine Tar Kush buds have small and leafy super round bright neon green nugs with sparse thin orange hairs, frosty gold trichomes, and an almost dripping coating of super sticky resin.

Although it's best known for its appearance and taste, Pine Tar Kush is beloved for its effects as well.

The high starts with a euphoric and happy uplifting effect that leaves you blissful and slightly focused.

As the high builds, you'll feel a buzzing effect in the back of your head and in your neck that relaxes you and spreads throughout the rest of your body.

This body buzz will leave you sleepy and sedated with a ravenous sense of hunger that leaves you scrambling to find snacks anywhere you can before you get too sleepy to move.

These effects and its powerful 18-22% average THC level make Pine Tar Kush perfect for treating conditions such as mild to moderate cases of depression, insomnia, muscle spasms or cramps, and lack of appetite.

Probably a strain of unknown lineage that got labelled with that name due to the way the plants looked.

That is definitely a generic term, a mangling of sin semilla (literally, no seed, or seedless). The "red haired," of course, referring to the coloration of the withered pistils of the flowers that comprised the buds.

Back
Top Bottom