Whatever Happened To Christmas Tree?

Probably a strain of unknown lineage that got labelled with that name due to the way the plants looked.

That is definitely a generic term, a mangling of sin semilla (literally, no seed, or seedless). The "red haired," of course, referring to the coloration of the withered pistils of the flowers that comprised the buds.

Yea TS, we had all sorts of slang names we called bud back then, because we were just young kids from Georgia and we really didn't know much of anything about what we were smoking, we just knew we loved it and that some bud was way better than others.

We were so out of touch with anything like the Cannabis scene we have today...My how things have changed!!!

From Alabama, we had it up to late 90s KB, kine bud, always in late October to early November. Smelled like a pine forest. Haven't seen those genes in this area since then either. Would be nice to find some of those genetics for sure
Do a search for ’79 Xmas Bud IBL it will show up

From Alabama, we had it up to late 90s KB, kine bud, always in late October to early November. Smelled like a pine forest. Haven't seen those genes in this area since then either. Would be nice to find some of those genetics for sure

Yea man, probably the same bud we were getting over here across the river too, we always got it in between late Oct. till around Christmas time and it was the bomb. We always looked forward to it every year and were bummed if it didn't arrive because of a big bust or something.

Back then, they would set up side of the road drug checks using sniffer dogs, even on the interstate sometimes, so we went through a lot of dry spells back in those days...Remember that shit!? It was crazy! Way harsh!!!

Yeah but its still pretty harsh in my state when they get someone with some personal and they think they have some big time dude. I feel we won't see legislation until the federal gov leads and this state has no choice but to follow. I wish I could find someone legit enough to help me out. We still get our heads busted for any quality that's why this year I have 3 girls in the yard. They will be ready in October.

I would be down to go in half with you PC or if more wanted in I'd be fine with 5 seeds. Sounds like a tasty Xmas treat. I actually have pine and juniper scented oils and air fresheners around my home.
Sure If you want to go in on 1/2 that would be Great. I don't think there is enough time this year but they would be a Good Christmas bud for next year.

its still pretty harsh in my state when they get someone with some personal and they think they have some big time dude.
this year I have 3 girls in the yard. They will be ready in October.

Living dangerously, lol?

I feel we won't see legislation until the federal gov leads and this state has no choice but to follow.

The latter does not necessarily have to follow the former. Decades after alcohol prohibition was ended by the 21st Constitutional Amendment:
Wikipedia said:
Three states—Kansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee—are entirely dry by default: counties specifically must authorize the sale of alcohol in order for it to be legal and subject to state liquor control laws.

33 states allow towns/cities/counties to prohibit the sale of alcohol. In some of them, even the consumption/possession of it. Merely removing cannabis from the federal Schedule of Narcotics and striking down federal cannabis laws will not make states' laws go away.

Yes I got you there but it would be easier to grow your own if it wasn't a schedule 1substance similar to small moonshine stills. Even if the fed leads our states will still have to amend the state's constitution. And yeah 3 in the city is pushing it. I've only smoked for the last 20yrs or so never grown. Gotta start small and learn the ropes.

We certainly have our work cut out for us here in the SE and by that I mean, even if Cannabis does become federally legalized, it doesn't necessarily mean that these Southern states will be super quick to legalize on the state level.

In fact, I'm still pretty firm on my belief that the "Bible Belt" will be the last of the holdouts, with Tenn and NC probably being the very last ones to legalize because of their strong conservative church communities that will certainly fight it tooth and nail.

I'm kind of predicting that Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida and maybe even Arkansas will most likely be the first in the south to legalize recreationally, followed by AL, GA and maybe even SC to soon follow suit, but Tenn and NC are notorious staunch opponents of the herb, so they may be a long time coming, even if their surrounding states have done it....Or at least that's my theory anyway...

We're a long way from legally growing any of that X-Mas Tree bud, so anytime you Westerners want to grow a bunch of it and send some our way to the SE, we would greatly appreciate it guys... :yummy:

We certainly have our work cut out for us here in the SE and by that I mean, even if Cannabis does become federally legalized, it doesn't necessarily mean that these Southern states will be super quick to legalize on the state level.

In fact, I'm still pretty firm on my belief that the "Bible Belt" will be the last of the holdouts, with Tenn and NC probably being the very last ones to legalize because of their strong conservative church communities that will certainly fight it tooth and nail.

I'm kind of predicting that Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida and maybe even Arkansas will most likely be the first in the south to legalize recreationally, followed by AL, GA and maybe even SC to soon follow suit, but Tenn and NC are notorious staunch opponents of the herb, so they may be a long time coming, even if their surrounding states have done it....Or at least that's my theory anyway...

We're a long way from legally growing any of that X-Mas Tree bud, so anytime you Westerners want to grow a bunch of it and send some our way to the SE, we would greatly appreciate it guys... :yummy:
Brother if I could I would. I just got a call from my cousin who lives in Tenn. asking about what strains work best for pain. I told her to look for a good 1:2 or 1:1 THC / CBD , She said she would come visit soon :high-five:

Get her here on the Mag Learning about what she can do in her state and maybe an indoor grow area, Nothing big maybe a 5x5 tent or if they have a room they can use even better

Tenn and NC are notorious staunch opponents of the herb

Things must have changed, I guess. I spent a little over a year just outside of Hickory in the late '80s, and bud wasn't spectacular, but it was cheap and plentiful. I almost got the impression that it wasn't so much that they were ignoring the laws... It was that they just weren't consciously aware of them. In regards to both cannabis and alcohol. Call someone and ask if they'd bring (sell) a quarter to tide you over, and they might show up with a quarter-pound instead of a quarter-ounce. Because why wouldn't you :rofl: ? Right after I moved in, a 14-year old neighbor girl hitched a ride to a little store in the area and walked out carrying a twelve-pack of beer like it was completely normal. When I said something about it, the reply was, "Daddy says I can buy beer, but not wine. Because he doesn't want me to be a wino." It was kind of an odd location, though, so it may or may not have reflected the state in general. 15 minutes from a moderately-sized city, and 15 minutes away from... Well, if you'd been blindfolded and dropped off there, and then spent the day interacting with the locals, you'd have gotten the impression that the nearest town was an eight-hour journey - and that few if any had ever made that journey. I kind of wish I still lived there.

I've spent a lot of time in NC myself and though the people there were/are super cool nice folks, I was more referring to law enforcement being super strict, as well as the Conservative church crowd who are certain to fight against Cannabis legalization with every thing they have...In fact, all these southern states face this challange.

TBH, I'm not entirely sure how things will play out and which southern states will legalize first, but I do believe it's going to take many more states relatively close to here doing it first before we do it.

Once law makers in these southern states see it up close and personal just how much revenue can be generated and that it's not causing the health issues it was once believed it would, things will slowly but surely start to change here.

The main thing we need here is that the education process needs to be stepped up in a big way. The "Just Say No" crowd needs to learn more about why we keep saying "Yes We Cannabis"....We desperately need more advocacy educators here...

Back
Top Bottom