What green is healthier?

NoVentInMyHouse

So the color is changing a lot everyday and i wanted to ask, first of all is it getting sick, or getting good from sickness or just doing well and with no problems, and also what to do to improve that.

Here are some pics to have some info on the colours.

already stressing? The color looks pretty good actually and congratulations on your 3 leafed plant! Take care not to overwater and things will be fine. I invite you to read my link on how to properly water; it has helped a whole lot of people get a good start.

Thanks and i've read it and i already do something somewhat similar, however completely random meaning i water drip by drip, while breathing onto them, but i have noticed now that i have too much drainage, because even saturating it the pot will dry out conpletely in 4h under the 600w or in 1 day if not in the underventilated tent i got over here.
I just cant understand why sometimes they go all happy leaffy and why other times they just drop sad.

I also added" root up" to the soil, cow manour, bat poop, and compost soil of over 30y of compost leftovers.
Maybe that is what is helping a bit for them to survive my destroying hand.

And the more i change things up temps go from 18° at times and to over 36° usually with peaks of 40°, the more they seem to grow however they look worst and grow faster and stronger but when at good conditions for a while they grow nothing in comparisson and yet start to improve their looks.

These are autos so i guess they are more resistant but im already 2 weeks in and so by my calculations 6 weeks to harvest doesnt seem like its gonna grow anything at all, in yield or potency or anything.

Is all this changes in temp, light sources, and water and light cycles and a messed up soil that always when i water comes out looking like wee wee, maybe in some way be preparing them for later on to be able to assimilate whatever she needs under whatever situation in order to produce larger amounts of thc per gram? So using too little light, maybe they find a way to use more light from what they can get, and using too much light and heat make them evolve a bit into not stressing but instead be like a starving obese that just went to a buffet.
MayB?

Thanks and i've read it and i already do something somewhat similar, however completely random meaning i water drip by drip, while breathing onto them, but i have noticed now that i have too much drainage, because even saturating it the pot will dry out conpletely in 4h under the 600w or in 1 day if not in the underventilated tent i got over here.
I just cant understand why sometimes they go all happy leaffy and why other times they just drop sad.

I also added" root up" to the soil, cow manour, bat poop, and compost soil of over 30y of compost leftovers.
Maybe that is what is helping a bit for them to survive my destroying hand.

And the more i change things up temps go from 18° at times and to over 36° usually with peaks of 40°, the more they seem to grow however they look worst and grow faster and stronger but when at good conditions for a while they grow nothing in comparisson and yet start to improve their looks.

These are autos so i guess they are more resistant but im already 2 weeks in and so by my calculations 6 weeks to harvest doesnt seem like its gonna grow anything at all, in yield or potency or anything.

Is all this changes in temp, light sources, and water and light cycles and a messed up soil that always when i water comes out looking like wee wee, maybe in some way be preparing them for later on to be able to assimilate whatever she needs under whatever situation in order to produce larger amounts of thc per gram? So using too little light, maybe they find a way to use more light from what they can get, and using too much light and heat make them evolve a bit into not stressing but instead be like a starving obese that just went to a buffet.
MayB?
First, the watering. I find it to be against the laws of physics for the amount of soil you are working with and the size of the plants, to dry out completely in 4 hours. How are you determining this "completely" thing? I hope you are using the lift method, and letting them dry out all the way to the bottom before you water again. If you are watering even as often as once a day, you are doing something wrong and I strongly suspect that you are watering too often.
I do love the sounds of your soil, amended with the root up product.
The temp thing needs to be managed a bit better though, but it is not as much of a crisis as some make it out to be. Plants grow outside in hot summer sun all the time. What sort of lights do you have on those tender plants to get into that temperature range? Let's discuss the lights and how far away from the plants they are.
Look carefully at the promo material associated with your auto seeds. I have not seen any plant worth smoking that could go 6 weeks from sprout to finish. I think if you carefully read what they say in that misleading crap designed to sell autos that they are talking about 6 weeks, once flowering starts. An auto has to spend some time being a young plant and young plants are not building buds, they are getting bigger and growing more leaves. At some point 4 or 5 weeks in your plant will mature and start growing buds. Start your 6 week clock, then.
:peace::love:

First, the watering. I find it to be against the laws of physics for the amount of soil you are working with and the size of the plants, to dry out completely in 4 hours. How are you determining this "completely" thing? I hope you are using the lift method, and letting them dry out all the way to the bottom before you water again. If you are watering even as often as once a day, you are doing something wrong and I strongly suspect that you are watering too often.
I do love the sounds of your soil, amended with the root up product.
The temp thing needs to be managed a bit better though, but it is not as much of a crisis as some make it out to be. Plants grow outside in hot summer sun all the time. What sort of lights do you have on those tender plants to get into that temperature range? Let's discuss the lights and how far away from the plants they are.
Look carefully at the promo material associated with your auto seeds. I have not seen any plant worth smoking that could go 6 weeks from sprout to finish. I think if you carefully read what they say in that misleading crap designed to sell autos that they are talking about 6 weeks, once flowering starts. An auto has to spend some time being a young plant and young plants are not building buds, they are getting bigger and growing more leaves. At some point 4 or 5 weeks in your plant will mature and start growing buds. Start your 6 week clock, then.
:peace::love:

So... yeah... i dont have a lot of sensibility about this little weight so either full wet or full dry, i won't know from there, however i will weight it on a scale tomorrow once it is defenitly full dry, and thanks as this may be the issue for them to go soo slow, maybe im over-caring. Also i put a lot of water at the botom of my tent to also know how much of pure water laying around gets evaporated, and it is always a lot, around 3liter over 6 to 12hr, depending if its during the day or at night. And has the soil goes deeper it gets more... how to say... not so loose as at the top, so i guess i really should pay attention to watering for it to get deep, but even like this, i put about 15ml of water at a time with intervals of 2 to 6 hours depending on where they are at, and if the leafs are too much droopy, they usually get a bit upper and also greener.
About the temps i tottaly tought the same thing, because you know ...relative temperature, so even in a day with only 30°, with too much sun and UV you can get more temps. However in the tent with about 36° temp, without UV and with very little ventilation it just felt colder than being in direct sun so if i cant stand outside longer than in the tent i guess the plants will be fine about that.
My light is a 600w xtrasun dual mode i guess
Hold on...
This one! :)

The light hangs at 80cm away from the top canopy. And i have this fan working has a ventilation, so the tent is closed but there is some air circulating at a really low level wich ends up hitting the plants so the air isnt so hot.
The soil leaves this look to the water after it has gonne thru the pot. I think these are nutrients so i've been storing it on this glass and giving it back to them after a bit oxigenated with this tool.

About the autos themselfs, i was counting 6 weeks more with the 2 weeks after i put the seed on the soil that has gonne by, as they advertised 60 days from seed to harvest with thc levels over 20% its a gorilla from a bulk bank, (growbarato.net), and the other is Ak also bulk from same bank.
I think the ak takes 15 days longer, i get a bit worried because if 1/4 of the total time has gonne by and they are still forming the 2nd node its either very low yield or 50% more time needed, but since each was 3€ i guess it wont be a big loss eitherway. Thanks for all the help so far and also should i be feeding them with root up? Cause i tottaly am using that glass of water as feed for them.
Thanks and a big smokaridoo for u too:)

Look fine to me. They should even out in terms of color as the first few nodes form and it starts feeding normally.

So... yeah... i dont have a lot of sensibility about this little weight so either full wet or full dry, i won't know from there, however i will weight it on a scale tomorrow once it is defenitly full dry, and thanks as this may be the issue for them to go soo slow, maybe im over-caring. Also i put a lot of water at the botom of my tent to also know how much of pure water laying around gets evaporated, and it is always a lot, around 3liter over 6 to 12hr, depending if its during the day or at night. And has the soil goes deeper it gets more... how to say... not so loose as at the top, so i guess i really should pay attention to watering for it to get deep, but even like this, i put about 15ml of water at a time with intervals of 2 to 6 hours depending on where they are at, and if the leafs are too much droopy, they usually get a bit upper and also greener.
About the temps i tottaly tought the same thing, because you know ...relative temperature, so even in a day with only 30°, with too much sun and UV you can get more temps. However in the tent with about 36° temp, without UV and with very little ventilation it just felt colder than being in direct sun so if i cant stand outside longer than in the tent i guess the plants will be fine about that.
My light is a 600w xtrasun dual mode i guess
Hold on...
This one! :)

The light hangs at 80cm away from the top canopy. And i have this fan working has a ventilation, so the tent is closed but there is some air circulating at a really low level wich ends up hitting the plants so the air isnt so hot.
The soil leaves this look to the water after it has gonne thru the pot. I think these are nutrients so i've been storing it on this glass and giving it back to them after a bit oxigenated with this tool.

About the autos themselfs, i was counting 6 weeks more with the 2 weeks after i put the seed on the soil that has gonne by, as they advertised 60 days from seed to harvest with thc levels over 20% its a gorilla from a bulk bank, (growbarato.net), and the other is Ak also bulk from same bank.
I think the ak takes 15 days longer, i get a bit worried because if 1/4 of the total time has gonne by and they are still forming the 2nd node its either very low yield or 50% more time needed, but since each was 3€ i guess it wont be a big loss eitherway. Thanks for all the help so far and also should i be feeding them with root up? Cause i tottaly am using that glass of water as feed for them.
Thanks and a big smokaridoo for u too:)
Several observations...
Definitely play with the scale to figure out what dry actually feels like... Most people at first are way too kind to their weeds and watering too often is a very common problem. The whole problem that develops is that the bottom feeder/tap roots need to dry out between waterings and pull oxygen down into the soil around them. The mechanism that makes that happen is that the top of the water table in that container (a small lake) acts as a diaphragm to actually pull the air down from the top as that water level drops. If you let it drop clear down into that last inch of container, this process does what it needs to do.
If you water from the bottom, this does not happen. You soak the roots alright, but you do not pull oxygen down into the soil. Eventually, the roots will shut down because of this unless you religiously force the soil to dry out between waterings, dropping that water table level naturally.
Also, water that has percolated through the soil and run out the bottom does have a few nutes in it, but it also has all the salts that are accumulating in the soil, peat that has broken down, carbon given off as debris in the process, and any other sludge that happens to come along with it. Because of all this debris, the pH is way off too and because of all of this, it is NEVER recommended to re-use runoff water as it can be very very harmful to your plants. Throw this runoff water away... it is poison.
Regarding the running time of your plants, even 8 weeks total is a bit optimistic in my experience... but you will have to determine that at the end. Many first time growers pull their product way too early and then are disappointed with the yield and the quality. We will show you how to check the trichomes when you are near the end so that you don't make this mistake, but please take those seedbank recommendations with a grain of salt... everyone's conditions are a little different and your mileage may vary. Their recommendation is just a number... lets see what real world conditions cause to actually happen.
Regarding the light... are you running it in an air cooled hood or at very least a cool tube? That is the easiest way to get that heat out of the tent... just run room air through the hood and back out.

Several observations...
Definitely play with the scale to figure out what dry actually feels like... Most people at first are way too kind to their weeds and watering too often is a very common problem. The whole problem that develops is that the bottom feeder/tap roots need to dry out between waterings and pull oxygen down into the soil around them. The mechanism that makes that happen is that the top of the water table in that container (a small lake) acts as a diaphragm to actually pull the air down from the top as that water level drops. If you let it drop clear down into that last inch of container, this process does what it needs to do.
If you water from the bottom, this does not happen. You soak the roots alright, but you do not pull oxygen down into the soil. Eventually, the roots will shut down because of this unless you religiously force the soil to dry out between waterings, dropping that water table level naturally.
Also, water that has percolated through the soil and run out the bottom does have a few nutes in it, but it also has all the salts that are accumulating in the soil, peat that has broken down, carbon given off as debris in the process, and any other sludge that happens to come along with it. Because of all this debris, the pH is way off too and because of all of this, it is NEVER recommended to re-use runoff water as it can be very very harmful to your plants. Throw this runoff water away... it is poison.
Regarding the running time of your plants, even 8 weeks total is a bit optimistic in my experience... but you will have to determine that at the end. Many first time growers pull their product way too early and then are disappointed with the yield and the quality. We will show you how to check the trichomes when you are near the end so that you don't make this mistake, but please take those seedbank recommendations with a grain of salt... everyone's conditions are a little different and your mileage may vary. Their recommendation is just a number... lets see what real world conditions cause to actually happen.
Regarding the light... are you running it in an air cooled hood or at very least a cool tube? That is the easiest way to get that heat out of the tent... just run room air through the hood and back out.

Thanks for all this information there is a lot of things i have been doing really bad and will change now. But first of all gotta let it dry. The glass water is going out and away today.
When you say that the water must form like a small lake and act as a diafragm, you mean that the soil also should be minimally compact enough for the water to not just go thru it in about 5 seconds? Cause it aint, if i had to describe it, it is pretty light weight, it looks more like cocô, or like a sponge! Defenitly like a sponge.
In relation to yields i am already expecting low, so anything over 6grams of trully good quality is gonna be a plus in life, but if it produces too low % thc per gram i guess its gonna be too much effort and money for the end product.
And to finish up... the lights.. well.. its just a pure oven. What u see its what there is. Wide angle shot. 1 eco fan (useless) 1 normal but old fan (noisy but usefull) za light, the bench, cause you can't just leave a fan in water(came 2 my mind a couple days after doing so, no bad happened) and well the pots, and more water. I use sun randomly, whenever i can wich lately is never (2 days straight) and water and sometimes ICE in a 5 liter bottle.
20190628_193129.jpg

Btw, can you share some info about how did the plant that thrived under the worst possibilities, that was almost dying and still made it to harvest, like did it yield significantly less, just a bit... i dont know if you ever grew auto but anyone is free to answer, i really do like learning and all information is taken into account.
Good smoking everybody
AND GROWING!!!

When you say that the water must form like a small lake and act as a diafragm, you mean that the soil also should be minimally compact enough for the water to not just go thru it in about 5 seconds? Cause it aint, if i had to describe it, it is pretty light weight, it looks more like cocô, or like a sponge! Defenitly like a sponge.
All this tells me is that you are watering too quickly, expecting the soil to immediately absorb all that water, and it does not. It takes a little bit of time for soil to do what it needs to do. Water with small amounts at first, just to get the soil started soaking it in, and try really hard not to water so quickly that it just falls on through. Also, once you slowly get to the point of runoff, walk away and come back in 20 minutes or so and slowly water some more, trying once again to get that soil, and the plant, to soak in a bit more of that fluid. It will actually surprise you how much water the typical soil can suspend in a vertical column in that container.

All this tells me is that you are watering too quickly, expecting the soil to immediately absorb all that water, and it does not. It takes a little bit of time for soil to do what it needs to do. Water with small amounts at first, just to get the soil started soaking it in, and try really hard not to water so quickly that it just falls on through. Also, once you slowly get to the point of runoff, walk away and come back in 20 minutes or so and slowly water some more, trying once again to get that soil, and the plant, to soak in a bit more of that fluid. It will actually surprise you how much water the typical soil can suspend in a vertical column in that container.

!!!THANK YOU!!! A LOT!!!
I can understand better now the role water plays for this beauties, i stopped overwatering, i went to see them like all the time, but even tho soil was complete dry, (or it seemed) all i did was change them over to under the lamps, and didnt water at all. Result... happy leaves!

You can see the difference by close-up comparisson, even the tri leaf that has been depressed all the time is now in wonderland.
Looks a whole lot better in my pov.
20190630_125427.jpg

20190630_125528.jpg

Not hanging anymore like they are too heavy, now the plants are moving em how they like it.

Now i just have estimate when to water and do it properly and its all good, provided i dont cook some night due to the hot air that leaves the grow tent getting stuck in my room like a messed up AC, xD should had done this in the winter, would be a win win situation, no AC can heat this room in the winter, i've tried for a over 10 years.
Cheers and good smoking and growing everybody.

excellent... they do look a lot happier. Now the trick is to keep them that way. Always remember that these are weeds, and they are programmed to respond to and defeat any adversity that might befall them. The weed will attempt to protect its lowest feeder roots if they get in trouble by being under water too long and not seeing oxygen way down there in the bottom of the container every watering cycle. When those roots start to shut down that great lift that you are seeing now will cease, as water uptake diminishes. I use a scale in my veg tent so that I know when the soil has actually dried out, before I even think about watering again.
If you read the article I wrote a few years ago about how to properly water, linked below, I think I can answer all of your questions about how to most effectively water, when to do it, and how much water to use. Some other points are covered in there too, hopefully helpful to the new grower of weeds. Good luck with the climate control... I am confident you will get it sorted. Good luck in the grow, welcome to the forum, and thanks for the follow!
:welcome:

excellent... they do look a lot happier. Now the trick is to keep them that way. Always remember that these are weeds, and they are programmed to respond to and defeat any adversity that might befall them. The weed will attempt to protect its lowest feeder roots if they get in trouble by being under water too long and not seeing oxygen way down there in the bottom of the container every watering cycle. When those roots start to shut down that great lift that you are seeing now will cease, as water uptake diminishes. I use a scale in my veg tent so that I know when the soil has actually dried out, before I even think about watering again.
If you read the article I wrote a few years ago about how to properly water, linked below, I think I can answer all of your questions about how to most effectively water, when to do it, and how much water to use. Some other points are covered in there too, hopefully helpful to the new grower of weeds. Good luck with the climate control... I am confident you will get it sorted. Good luck in the grow, welcome to the forum, and thanks for the follow!
:welcome:

I did so and i find it very helpfull, that and all your tips...
Can i just ask you if you have the time to check this thread out please?

I will be ordering some regultar seeds and hope for males and try it out cause its worth the shot in my idea.
Unless of corse a lot of people point out some limitation im unware of.

I did so and i find it very helpfull, that and all your tips...
Can i just ask you if you have the time to check this thread out please?

I will be ordering some regultar seeds and hope for males and try it out cause its worth the shot in my idea.
Unless of corse a lot of people point out some limitation im unware of.
Sounds like a cool experiment and I will stop in to see what is going on. A good way to help people find your work is to put a link to it in your signature lines.

Everytime i adress u, im always thankfull, like everytime u say something i discover something new and learn it, and that... its a gift (like a power) the power of word.
Thanks again emily

So... this is happening, 2 weeks in and is starting to stink like a mtrfkr... :( is it...flowering...already? Isnt it too young? Only coming out the 3 leaf fingers set yet so... isnt it too soon? What did i do wrong?
Also there are some redness in the top part of all the branches of the 1 finger set, what does it mean, someone help pls?
20190701_130650.jpg
20190701_130920.jpg
20190701_130418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom