What happened to my plant?

This little girl has been raised since sprouting on April 5th in a 3 x 3 x 6 foot Mars Hydro tent comma under a 300w LED. The light schedule has been a solid 18/6. The soil consists of power mix, with root tone coarse sand and lava rocks initially. I fed with fish emulsion, Miracle-Gro starter liquid, and molasses. I just started a regimen of Simply water and seaweed liquid. In fighting fungus gnats, we were forced to use an oil-based organic pesticide. While some of the little buggers remain... Not much at all. The hatches are getting smaller and smaller.
She has endured fungus gnats comma and other rookie mistakes that I have made and will make.
Oh, did I mention? I am blind and my wife is my eyes. We cannot figure out why the other two comma although stunted, are bigger and developing more than one budding site. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance, and may God bless!

05-24-17_RR_Top.jpg

05-24-17_RR_Side.jpg

Yes she is an auto. Since I cannot see her, she is only 7 weeks old and there is not even a bit of odor yet Google logo yet, I have my doubts about it being Harvest Time. Good to hear she has at least something developing on her, though.
. I just don't know what happened to her.

This little girl has been raised since sprouting on April 5th in a 3 x 3 x 6 foot Mars Hydro tent comma under a 300w LED. The light schedule has been a solid 18/6. The soil consists of power mix, with root tone coarse sand and lava rocks initially. I fed with fish emulsion, Miracle-Gro starter liquid, and molasses. I just started a regimen of Simply water and seaweed liquid. In fighting fungus gnats, we were forced to use an oil-based organic pesticide. While some of the little buggers remain... Not much at all. The hatches are getting smaller and smaller.
She has endured fungus gnats comma and other rookie mistakes that I have made and will make.
Oh, did I mention? I am blind and my wife is my eyes. We cannot figure out why the other two comma although stunted, are bigger and developing more than one budding site. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance, and may God bless!

05-24-17_RR_Top.jpg

05-24-17_RR_Side.jpg

Maybe this plant had the most serious infestation of gnats. From what I've read I think their larvae can start to eat roots, or maybe it's just genetics.

In my opinion this plant has been severely deprived of light. What is the light being used to grow. It is ready for harvest, unfortunately the plant is far to small, and the harvest is nothing.

People keep mentioning gnats and light, but am I the only one that see's nutrient burn on the edges of the leaves? And the brown dead leaves on the ground. Or am I totally wrong? I'm also with the lack of light comments. I had one plant growing around the side of my house that got bugger all light and it was really small, though not that small.

My two cents: Nute burn and lack of light, but I'm still pretty noobish when it comes to growing.

All of your ideas are good ones. The one consistent thing is that she received the same light and attention as the others. Her sisters are growing bigger but still stunted. So I think the light thing maybe it. It has been anywhere between 20 and 22 inches above the tops of the plants the whole time. I was advised to lower the lights to about 14 inches above the plants. That was done 2 days ago. Let me post a couple of pictures of her sister's so you can see the difference.

This strain is a Blue Trickle.
05-24-17_BT_Top.jpg

05-24-17_BT_Side.jpg

This is a Polar Express.
05-24-17_PX_Top.jpg

05-24-17_PX_Side.jpg

Do they look like they are actually stretching for the light? All I can judge by is feeling them with my hands, and they do feel like the nodes are a little far apart. Maybe I'm wrong... If I'm right, then the issue probably was lack of light with her.
I'm sure the gnatsts didn't help at all either...

If I was you sir and I wanted to have a lil hobby grow I'd head out and get some decent soil and nutes that are proven for cannabis. This is not the cheapest option but for just a couple autos it won't be too bad. I bet you'll have less issue. Then be super careful to not over water, cloth pots make this much much easier. And most importantly remember I'm a total rookie and the call is ultimately yours to make. Best wishes!

Yeah they are stretched and very small as well. Mars 300 is good enough to grow a big plant. I am thinking as well your soil may be an issue. It looks like it has a whole bunch of rocks and other things could be preventing the plants from developing a root system.

BG...while this is both a medical and kind of a hobby grow, it is mostly medical and to see if I can actually do this. My and my wife medical needs are Paramount. Your advice is sound, as our grows will never be bigger than this. In doing some research and reading on soils, I called around our local gardening and nursery stores. I found a 2 cubic foot bag of soil that contains the ingredients I have found out our Paramount for as close to no hassle soil as you can find. Coupling this soil with some basic organic blooming nutrients may be the way to go. Thanks for your time and advice. Maybe we can get other opinions as well. God bless!

I placed some lava rock in the soil to help with drainage. We also compacted the soil and awful lot. Maybe we did it way too much. I am not sure if we were supposed to compact it. Maybe we should have left it alone. Just put it in the pots, smooth it over and plant the soaked seed I suppose I'm going to have to remember that I am growing a specialized plant, and not just a nursery flower or vegetable. Part of the plan for the next bro will be to keep the lights between 14 and 16 inches from the tops. I don't think we will compact the soil. Best place it in the pot, water, refill what sinks in comma smooth it and then put in the seed.

Back
Top Bottom