What happened to the roots?

You have a lot of points /questions and I am high but yeah I think you misunderstand a few things but that's cool. I am hard to understand.

In Oregon the problem is the medical growers. And when I say problem I mean not really the problem is the recreational growers. It is all a stupid mess.

So the medical growers outweigh the recreational growers more than 10:1 and they are unregulated and can flood the black market.

The recreational growers...yes can try to flood the black market but also have to pay a lot along the way. PLus they are regulated and all the plants are counted. it is not as easy as it sounds. They get preferential treatment through the system. They get to have dispensaries. There you can make money but still not like the medical peps.

I have always stated Hydro is superior and faster and results in more. It is where not new growers should go dabble and maybe get real good at. maybe only do that. They can still do it on home brew organically. They do not need to buy a pile of fancy chemicals.

I tried talking him into extracts but he doesn't know what he is doing. I don't want to go to much into it...but he asks a lot of questions.

In Oregon the going rate has always been way cheaper than you describe. I wont tell you what I get it for from him but it is legal. if you go to the store it is like high end street rates unless it is ditch weed. Nice thing here is they sell all kinds so if you want you can buy uncured crap or even get swindled if you don't know what you are buying. I can't count how many times I been told uncured weed was outdoor.

ok next point you made ... I think you are missing the point when I am saying people have always been planting like on hillsides like a farm ... I have seen many of those... some people do good in remote forests taping local water sources and springs. Yes modern farming is getting better but that is a totally different topic.

Also I have grown and continue to grow in hydro. I understand the benefits. But it has its limitations and downsides. I think you are rambling about the benefits of hydro to a hydro grower now...which is fine.

Oh no wait then you just wanted to make fun of me. I get it....You trolled me years ago too. That's fine. troll troll away. I don't care what people here think I am just helping the fools for reasons you wont ever understand.

He literally just texted me his haul. I will not say but it goes something like this.

I pulled ind XXXX lbs, if I dialed it in I could get 2 maybe 3 times that but then what would I do with it.

He has no idea what he is doing.

(well I did text and asked him where he was at)

I just saw your two most recent posts in this thread. I'll address them first:

Yes, I probably misunderstood some of your points. NO I am not "trolling" you. And if I have seemed to do so in the past, it would have been unintentional; or I at least hope it was. On the other hand, I am a bit of an @sshole at times when I am not consciously trying not to be, so anything is possible. If I did do so... I apologize.

Your friend harvested over 1,000 pounds of bud?! Even wet, that's... well beyond the scope of my experience (and add some zeros to whatever multiplier you care to assign to that statement). And personal experience can trump almost any amount of reading and watching of videos.

"If I dialed it in, I could get maybe 2 or 3 times that..." Yikes, well, then your friend could decrease his farming footprint by 2x-3x and still get the yields he's getting now. Whether that would be worthwhile is a different matter, though, I suppose.

I don't understand how/why "recreational cannabis" and "medicinal-use cannabis" should be treated as two different things. I just typed, earlier, something to that effect in someone's thread about their issues (in Canada). Sure, people with significantly depressed immune systems are in significantly more danger if they consume things like mold spores, heavy metals, and pesticides - but does anyone actually want to? And, yes, if one is looking for medicine, it can be important to know the various cannabinoid amounts/ratios - but a lot of people like to know such things. If I don't want something in my aspirin, I don't want it in my Cheerios, either.

I guess I can understand the different way of looking at "the two" to some extent, but not completely. As far as I'm concerned, the main difference ought to be not having to pay tax on meds. Or, if you do, to have a handy line-item in your tax return where you get to deduct that amount.

I just deleted maybe 15,000 characters from the end of this post after realizing how far we've drifted from the thread poster's question of "What happened to the roots?" @AuntieKush , I am sorry that I helped take your thread so far off-topic. I'll try not to go off the rails in it again.

Back
Top Bottom