What Happened?

Can you please be more specific?
I'm pretty sure he means echo chamber as one person after another, after another recommending it to others. That's how I started using it. I have to admit I love the product & from what I've seen most others do too. I hate to see the Thread go myself as I use it as a reference.
Has anyone reached out to Greenleaf to see if they'd be interested in being a sponsor ? With a product like that, that saves us all a ton of cash they should be a sponsor also. Now if they said they weren't interested in sponsoring they created their own demise & the Threads closed. But hey, At least give them a chance to become a sponsor. It really is a good product.
I hope they do become a sponsor because I don't know of a better product that's easier to use & simplifies things very much for any new grower. There are probably similar products; I just don't know about them. I wouldn't know about MC either if it weren't for the Threads talking about it.
I'd still be shelling out $150 in AN products each grow if it weren't for the info on the 420 site. This has saved me $120 per grow & I'm quite grateful for that. So all in all I think MC would be a great sponsor to have. Just my thoughts on this. Your the boss so the final outcome is up to you of course.

We lost a great resource...no doubt about it.

Not necessarily. Many of us use it, and will help. It will be the same as other non-sponsor nutrients. If someone has a question, we can answer. It just won't all be in one thread.

I'm pretty sure he means echo chamber as one person after another, after another recommending it to others. That's how I started using it. I have to admit I love the product & from what I've seen most others do too. I hate to see the Thread go myself as I use it as a reference.
Has anyone reached out to Greenleaf to see if they'd be interested in being a sponsor ? With a product like that, that saves us all a ton of cash they should be a sponsor also. Now if they said they weren't interested in sponsoring they created their own demise & the Threads closed. But hey, At least give them a chance to become a sponsor. It really is a good product.
I hope they do become a sponsor because I don't know of a better product that's easier to use & simplifies things very much for any new grower. There are probably similar products; I just don't know about them. I wouldn't know about MC either if it weren't for the Threads talking about it.
I'd still be shelling out $150 in AN products each grow if it weren't for the info on the 420 site. This has saved me $120 per grow & I'm quite grateful for that. So all in all I think MC would be a great sponsor to have. Just my thoughts on this. Your the boss so the final outcome is up to you of course.

They said they are not interested in sponsoring us, they only sponsor Instagram, Facebook and Google.

It's not easy staying afloat after spending almost 30 years building the road for the Green Rush, when the companies that benefit from our work leave us behind to support entities that never supported our industry to begin with.

Please support our Sponsors who support us :thanks:

We lost a great resource...no doubt about it.

You lost nothing; the thread is still there, along with numerous other threads and journals.

We just cannot allow dedicated threads or titled journals to promote their business and make them money, otherwise our sponsors would have no reason to support us and we could go out of business. We are not run by trust funds, rich parents, garden grows or gofundme campaigns. Our only source of revenue is selling ad space to promote our sponsors, and I am the only one doing the job. Thank you for your understanding and support.

We just cannot allow dedicated threads or titled journals to promote their business and make them money, otherwise our sponsors would have no reason to support us and we could go out of business. We are not run by trust funds, rich parents, garden grows or gofundme campaigns. Our only source of revenue is selling ad space to promote our sponsors, and I am the only one doing the job. Thank you for your understanding and support.
I believe 100% we should be talking up the sponsor's and buying their goods whenever we can to support this site, but when someone builds a better mousetrap it's hard not to have folks flock to it. Maybe the sponsors should be working on something similar after seeing how well MegaCrop works, compared to some nute lines with many many expensive bottles. I don't think that my harvests would have been better or bigger with a more expensive and complicated nutrient system.

Doesn't sound like Greenleaf is being very smart about this to me.

There are many nutrient manufacturers who are not sponsors. Each of them has a limited advertising budget and uses that to what they think is to their best advantage.

I can understand GLN's marketing strategy. Those currently growing have likely dialed in their operation for success. The majority would be unlikely to change based on manufacturer's claims. Social media offers a relatively low cost method of reaching out to new growers. Word of mouth reaches the more experienced growers on sites like this, and is much more likely to succeed where claims would fall on deaf ears.

They have a few good sponsors. But some of them I wouldn't even consider buying from. I wouldn't want any sponsors that only have so-so products. But I can see their point & why they let anyone willing to pay be a sponsor. Money has to come from somewhere.
I still think having a Help Wanted section would help bring more funding in. Only for jobs in the Grow Industries, Hydro Stores, Dispensaries, Care Takers, etc. What better place to post job openings in this field than with experienced growers on a forum ?

They have a few good sponsors. But some of them I wouldn't even consider buying from. I wouldn't want any sponsors that only have so-so products. But I can see their point & why they let anyone willing to pay be a sponsor. Money has to come from somewhere.
I still think having a Help Wanted section would help bring more funding in. Only for jobs in the Grow Industries, Hydro Stores, Dispensaries, Care Takers, etc. What better place to post job openings in this field than with experienced growers on a forum ?

A few issues being it's still Federally Illegal and too many scammers would post info

Be a challenge how to contact someone for a job without any personal information being posted here

Someday maybe

we haven't lost much but some bickering guys. enough of us use it to cover most issues / questions should they arise. just post up a thread in the faq if there are questions. besides, it was pulling traffic from the journals, where most of us would rather spend time.

let's not beat up the mods or board over this. it's counter productive.

Nobody is down on the Mods. Just kind of discussing the why's of the Sponsors which helps us understand the why's also. They are doing there jobs. Just like the cops when they bust someone for growing ... LOL. We may not like what happens but they have to do their job. Oh well, It Is, What it is !!!

Nobody is down on the Mods. Just kind of discussing the why's of the Sponsors which helps us understand the why's also. They are doing there jobs. Just like the cops when they bust someone for growing ... LOL. We may not like what happens but they have to do their job. Oh well, It Is, What it is !!!

shuffle shuffle... screeee.... thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump ..... ccrrreeeaakk .. thunk .. click.

Doesn't sound like Greenleaf is being very smart about this to me.

With 150,000+ members registered on the forum and thousands of guests per day (currently 5,415 guests browsing the forum!), I agree with you. Might have been a "why buy the cow when I am getting the milk for free" situation. I assume that they've gotten enough publicity - and probably enough additional sales - from this forum already to justify spending the money for a year's official presence here. I saw so much mention of the brand that I thought its owner actually was a sponsor - which leads back to what 420 was talking about; once it gets significantly past the "this is what I'm using in my grow" or someone providing support in response to a request for help with a garden, it removes the motivation for that entity to become a sponsor, makes it more difficult to convince current sponsors to "re-up" next year, et cetera.

While there are the rare cannabis-related businesses out there who pay sponsorship fees because they wish to support the industry - and cannabis - in general, I would guess that the vast majority of businesses do so out of a desire to maintain profitability. Business 101 and all that, lol. I think Sensi Seeds has been quietly supporting this forum for as long as I've been a member (since 2009) and I don't remember ever once having seen a post by anyone from that company. I once read that Ben Dronkers (owner/founder of Sensi Seeds) has spent millions over the years to support cannabis but, again, that's pretty rare.

Back
Top Bottom