420 Magazine Background

What if a female clone gets pollinated?

talos4

I took about 8 cuttings from some females that have been flowering for 3 1/2weeks. I don't want these cuttings my plants are lst'd and I only want 5 or 6 main bud sites. instead of throwing them out, I thought i'd stick them in a airo cloner, re veg them (about a month?) then I would have 2 months to veg them then i can put them outdoors in June. My question is, a couple of these flowers may have got pollen on them. If so, and I reveg them, then flower, what will the plants be? will they still be female? weird question I know but I don't want to spend 3 months reveging plants that will suck

Matanuska Valley

Plant of the Year: 2011 - Member of the Month: April 2011 - Plant of the Month: Mar & April 2011
Yes it will be female, if you re-veg back to full veg stage. then go back to 12/12 after 60 days lol I have done it alot...
Make sure it is full veg stage befor you go back to flowering tho...
I hope you can under stand all that...

MV...

talos4

so your saying if i keep plants under 24/7 for 3 months all plants and new clones would all be female?

Matanuska Valley

Plant of the Year: 2011 - Member of the Month: April 2011 - Plant of the Month: Mar & April 2011
so your saying if i keep plants under 24/7 for 3 months all plants and new clones would all be female?

Yes...!

Racefan

Plants that start of female cannot end up male. The worst it would be is a female with male parts (hermie) and that's a possibility but usually takes stress or something similar to make it happen. I've seen some that turn hermie from just breaking a branch. Just like it's different strokes for different folks...it's the same for plants. Each plant or strain has it's own turning point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom