What if a female clone gets pollinated?

talos4

I took about 8 cuttings from some females that have been flowering for 3 1/2weeks. I don't want these cuttings my plants are lst'd and I only want 5 or 6 main bud sites. instead of throwing them out, I thought i'd stick them in a airo cloner, re veg them (about a month?) then I would have 2 months to veg them then i can put them outdoors in June. My question is, a couple of these flowers may have got pollen on them. If so, and I reveg them, then flower, what will the plants be? will they still be female? weird question I know but I don't want to spend 3 months reveging plants that will suck

so your saying if i keep plants under 24/7 for 3 months all plants and new clones would all be female?

Plants that start of female cannot end up male. The worst it would be is a female with male parts (hermie) and that's a possibility but usually takes stress or something similar to make it happen. I've seen some that turn hermie from just breaking a branch. Just like it's different strokes for different folks...it's the same for plants. Each plant or strain has it's own turning point.

If it was pollinated you'll get a few seeds but thats it. It cant change from female to male. And being pollinated doesnt cause hermaphrodites.. Oh and I believe taking clones from flowering plants is called monster cropping..

Is it ok to grow pollenated clone plant by females? Or will the pollenated plant grow pollen?
Hey @Trainwreck4207 I left you a message on your other post.
A pollinated lady produces seeds not more pollen.
You will be fine.
Here is a thread, come meet everyone.

Stay safe
Bill

BTW that's an old post.
Top left corner has the date 2008.

So saw this post, very old obviously. I was running some autos and I kept my mother plant in the same room with them. Afraid one of them hermies, can’t tell just yet, haven’t found any pollen sacs but there’s just a lot of ovules that look bigger than normal on one of the branches. It’s the last week of flower so I think I’ll be good
But anyway, if they did herm and there is pollen, does anyone know if the photo period plant in veg can be pollinated?it’s gonna stay in veg for two more months before I flip her but I don’t want to waste my time if it’s gonna put out shit. I saw someone had said that she would be fine but wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this type of situation. Ok thank you

if they did herm and there is pollen, does anyone know if the photo period plant in veg can be pollinated?

they won't get pollinated, but the pollen from the hermie could stick around and ruin them later. a good cleaning of the tent or grow area with simple water is enough to clear the pollen.

Back
Top Bottom