What if nutrients build up due to pH off?

Gee

WHAT would happen if my PH was way off and nutrients were locked in the soil for a long time, THEN I corrected it? Could the surplus in store nutrients in the soil unlock a massive nutrient burn in the plant?

I was thinking through last years grow. My fabric planters were encrusted in white residue. This year (I’m still new) I dialed in the PH and the planters are black still

any thoughts????

Yes build up can happen so it is a good idea to run pure water through to get levels back down. The white crusted stuff is calcium in most cases sometimes it turns yellow ish.

You will also find more problems can happen when using synthetic vrs organic nutes as well. Years ago when I used synthetic nutes I had to do flushes with the salt build ups and Ph moved around more. Not to say all nutes are the same I am just referring to what I was using I also had to Ph every feed. Then I switched to organic and never have flushed sense. I also got tired of the Ph game with every feed which would throw my consistency in growing off so I checked water it is 6.9 then added nutes it goes down to 6.2 so I found adding 1/2 tsp of recharge brings it up to 6.7-6.8. So I do that same amount each feeding and have not had to Ph in a few years with zero problems and I have very high consistency on every grow. With that happening it is very easy for me to see when it is a genetic problem in a strain as well. Not sure if any of this matters with your topic lol Just in the mood to B.S some lol
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom