420 Magazine Background

What is a Caregiver - Is that someone who grows for me?


New Member
I'm a desperate breast cancer/mastectomy patient dealing with very severe chronic pain/nerve damage!!

Currently unable to work, and after a very long, protracted court battle, I finally won and am collecting Social Security/Disability. And my MMJ is costing me 25% min.of my income buying from dispensaries.

Growing for myself is not an option. Can anyone tell me if I can get someone to grow for me? Is that what is called a Caregiver? Truly I'm dead serious!
Can someone please tell me a way to cut my MMJ expense? :thanks:


420 Member
From my understanding, a caregiver is someone that grows Cannabis, and is well read in ailments, and which strains work best for each.

I'd actually suggest concentrated Cannabis oil for you. I would choose a strain with a strain with a high THC and high CBD level, The THC works great to kill cancerous cells, and the CBD is amazing for pain.

This is how the oil is made: https://www.420magazine.com/forums/cannabis-oil/217726-how-make-concentrated-cannabis-oil.html

And this is the correct dosing tutorial: https://www.420magazine.com/forums/cannabis-oil/217727-cannabis-oil-dosing-tutorial.html


New Member
Thanks for the suggestion on the. Oil. I'll have to look into it once I figure out the least expensive way to purchase mmj. Until this week I purchased my mmj from one local dispensary in Sherman Oaks. It was expensive for me, but they gave me the best price. Unfortunately they were shut down last week. I don't know where to get my mmj now! What a bummer!!!!

CO Finest

Plant of the Month: May 2014 - Member of the Month: July 2014
Looks like it might be California. That's the only result I can find for Sherman Oaks.

Same here. I said that to try and help with what she is looking for. If you are looking for help saying the state your in will help you big time..


New Member
Hi Mel, I'm in the same predicament as you, but I live in New Mexico. Dispensaries charge up to $15/gram for a high THC strain, and after a year in the program, I estimated it would cost me around $1,800 per month to purchase what I would consider an "adequate supply." Of course, I can't afford this. Nor could I afford the annual renewal for the program, which consists of seeing two different doctors (for "severe chronic pain") at around $300+. And now, the program wants to add a $50 annual cost for the card.

It is impossible to go from paying $10 or $20 co-pays for a month's supply of my medications, to paying $15/gram.

Unfortunately, I am unable (and unwilling) to grow my own, so now I'm looking to move to a state that has collectives or co-ops, so that I can find a caregiver to grow me some good bud. Since you're in California, and that state allows co-ops, I don't understand why this option is not available to you.

If anyone on this website can direct Mel to the information for where to find these caregivers or co-ops in California, it would really be helpful to all of us.
Top Bottom