What is a flowering clone?

I got 12 flowering clones going for about 5 weeks now. I took them about 22 days into flower. Strangest thing though. about 6 of them seem to be.........retarded. Ever see 1 finger fan leaves? I mean, I got some of these plants putting out HUGE 1 finger fan leaves. And, I'm having severe wilting problems on the top of them. Just the new growth at the very top of the plant. It's basically one finger wilting in a spiral. Strange thing is the other 6 are fine, so I know its not a climate or nute prob. Just bad genetics I guess. The flowering plants I took them from show no signs of retardness at all. Has anyone ever experienced probs like this?

Damn freaky 1 leaf fan leaves lol

100_1414.JPG

just cut them off a little at a time. After all, you are in veg.

If this technique could be taught to med mj patients think of how it would solve the six plant limit.... such vigorous side branch growth and budding.... are the effects as profound in soil as opposed to hydro RF? That monster of a bush in post #3 never ceases to amaze me bro...... well done!

And you've earned a rep from me on this thread and technique....... WTG bro..... our flowering clone guru....:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks stoner. But I'm no guru or expert in any way. there is so much to learn still it's almost unbelieveable. Cannabis is avery complex plant and all the ways it can be grown and manipulated to grow is amazing. Scrog IMO is the very best way to achieve a decent yield with a small light and room. It allows a grower to maximize light to canopy and by having almost all bud sites in the light one utilizes more lumens to grow bud with. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Also bare in mind that the plant in the picture was trained from a very early age for a very small box, high lumen scrog grow. When you bend and train agressively like greenmonster does you get the prolific branching. Of course strain will always play a important part but for some reason the revegging process seems to encourage more branches than what would normally be there.
I keep reading at other sites and in all the "experts" books that cloning a flowering plant isn't a good idea and that the result ends in a less potent or less vigorous plant the more you keep cloning the same genetics. I have cloned the same genetics for 5 years with no noticeable loss or change in potency, taste or vigour. A friend in australia has done the same for over 10 years and says the same thing.
The flowering clone process allows me to harvest a full crop of 5 -10 plants every 10 weeks and I average 2 to 4 ounces per plant depending on what size I flower at and strain. That's 5 full harvests a year. Considering we consume a little over a ounce a week I have plenty to last and share with friends. I average around 3 to 3.5 grams per watt per 30 days and know I could do better but why? I'm very happy with what I get. I don't measure nutes really or even check ph at all. I open the room every other day to water/feed and that's about all the care I give them. The room is really close to being fully automated. If I bought a auto mixer and installed a drip feeder I could limit my visits to once a week.lol Of course it took me a lot of tweaking and hard work to get my room to this point. Of course I end up looking a lot more than just every other day but I just really look. lol

Thanks for all the info Racefan. I just modified my grow box (during the first grow) to have a small chamber on top for clones. I was planning on cloning and recloning (as long as it would work) but was worried about potency/yield etc over time...

I don't think my new chamber is quite big enough for a full time momma, so this is gonna be the ticket. Now I just have to finish light proofing!!

Gawd I can't wait for the harvests to begin. I am so tired of always being on the hunt around here.

Again, thanks for all the info...rep points on the way!!

im kinda confused....how does this eliminate the need of a mother plant? you take clones off the "mom" let her full flower after you see your clones maturing? then clone off of those? i think i just explained it to myself....

hey... i hadnt planned on taking clones from my plants at all, but after reading this i kinda want to try it... can this be done without a rooting hormone or not?

highlifeisdalif said:
im kinda confused....how does this eliminate the need of a mother plant? you take clones off the "mom" let her full flower after you see your clones maturing? then clone off of those? i think i just explained it to myself....
Not sure if you got it right or not. Let me explain it better and you tell me if it's what your saying.lol
You flower your plants (doesn't matter how you got the original plants). At 21 days or so into flower you take clones from these plants. This should time it so that just about the time your plants are ready for harvest, the clones are ready for the flower room. At 21 days into flower you start the process over again.

Rooting powder is not necessary for any cloning process. It does increase your odds of successful rooting though.

thanks racefan... how much does the gel cost? this is amazing.....thanks again for sharing.

4iLLEsT2bTCH0 said:
hey... i hadnt planned on taking clones from my plants at all, but after reading this i kinda want to try it... can this be done without a rooting hormone or not?

I have two clones that I didn't use anything special with. It's been about 10 days since I cut them. I'm excited to see if it's going to work without anything to promote it.

^ i actually might try this today... im curious to see what would happen... however, if it doesnt work then ill be mad that i cut any bc ive been keeping myself from cutting a bud or two off to sample, mainly bc, i kno itll taste like shit since i havent started flushing yet.

why are you worried about trying it? if race fan has done it for 5 yrs and his austrailina buddy been doing it 10+? im way ahead of myself looking at all of this i only have 5 day old seedlings...

lol im like that too... when i started my first seedlings i was reading up on harvesting and the seeds still hadnt even popped out of the soil lol.

im not really "worried" to try it per se. but i had a flowering clone before... given to my boyfriend by a grower friend of his and it didnt take root. although i kno y this happened, i just keep seeing it happening again. but i wont kno if i dont try, so maybe ill do it when i get back from bowling.

Hey illest, One thing to remember...the further into flower you are, the harder it is to promote rooting. It still can be done, but it takes longer for roots to show and for the plants to reveg. I have a cone right now I took at 5 days before harvest. It's a 1.5 foot tall plant with about 8 cola sights on it. I bent it over to allow more light to the lower branches too or else it would be about 8" taller.lol

CustomMX6, if you cut the clones 10 days ago and you still have them alive? They most likely will root and become producing adults. I've found that 4 or 5 days is the magic number. If I can keep them green and alive for that long, I almost never lose one.

Good deal! So far so good, it's been about two weeks. Some of the leaves aren't lookings so hot, but not bad for losing 99 percent of it's self haha

what types of tray set up can be done? i dont really have a cloning tray or a good dome any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom