What is a flowering clone?

highlifeisdalif said:
what types of tray set up can be done? i dont really have a cloning tray or a good dome any suggestions?
I don't use either of those and have a 99% or better success rate. I take my cutting and place it in rockwool then on to a glass saucer or plate and under 2 LOA compact fluoros in a old stereo cabinet. No dome, no tray. Just what I already have. Sometimes I take cuttings and put them into a glass of water in the window sill. Change out the water twice a week and let the water evaporate to half way before topping off. The evaporation encourages root growth. Those are my two ways to clone.

could i sub. rockwoll with peat pellets? ive seen peat in the local store, ive not yet found rock.

thank you very much... im looking forward to starting this amazingly smart concept soon..

if all i have is a t5 ho 2ft 4bulb 6500x3 3500x1 will that be okay?

thank you again for all your help... i cant give you any mroe rep yet....

hmmm.funny i read this and think "wow" ive been doing it for years as well!usually just cut off lower four branches and clone anytime after it flowered.isnt it wild how many people dont actually believe what should be concidered truth?another way to clone is called "layering".cut outer hurd around in a circle,place rooting gel on the wound ,put a bag tied around the bottom,down about 1-2 inches ,place soil in the bag ,water.wait for roots to form ,and then cut below bag,and plant!voila!later.

awesome... thanks for the transplant idea..

maybe i missed it, but i've gone through the thread a couple of times. after 14 days i transplanted the clones in peat starter pots into 1 gallon pots. how long on average until i would move them to 12/12? I've taken 9 and they all look happy and are showing new growth and lotsa new white hairs.

also... will the 1 gal. containers be big enough or will I need to transplant again. if i'm gonna need to do it again i'd just as soon do it now when there are less roots to disturb than later on.

this is a great thread. information is power.

I'm not sure what your asking here user. Most reveg the clones and plant them when they have room or the plants are big enough for their needs. No matter what..wait till you have roots on the clones to flower. The plant has to be able to support new growth and a absense of roots won't allow it to.

^ i'll try again...

on the 1st i took the clones and planted them in the little pots made of peat. that way i didn't need to remove them when i transplanted to soil.

on the 14th they were all lookin' good so i moved them to 1 gal. containers. tommorrow will be day 21 since i took the clones off the mother.

i can't see the roots because they are buried, but the clones are showing new growth and the hairs had gone red but now they are going white and showing new white hairs. they had hairy little buds when i took them from momma. they have been on 24 for 20 days. i wondered when i should move them out to 12/12? have you got a guesstimate on avg. time before going to 12/12?

also, do you think 1 gal. containers will be big enough for them until i eventually harvest them?

i hope i explained it better ;-)

how tall do you want ur plants to be in the end? in soil a good rule of thumb is a gallon to a foot. one foot of growth, one gallon.....so unless u just want 9 1 foot buds....then id suggest getting bigger., as soon as new growth forms, you can go to 12/12, because new growth normally means roots have taken hold...
anything else?

Sweet! I need to wait on cloning till my 6th week but wasnt sure if that was too late. From Mada's pics, ive got faith I can do it lol. Who need's a veg room when you can take clones at week 6 and keep them in a small box or cabinet.

I just wanted to let you know that I have also decided to give this a try! I took a nice flowering clone (day 19) from an AK and another from an AK-47 today. I have played with this AK-47 for quite a while now and have really been looking for a way to keep it from getting straggly. It is a very branchy strain and I think this method will serve it well. I will keep you updated! I also did some misc seeds including a Manatuska Tundra that I have been looking forward to playing with.
Thanx again for the flowering clone tip... it seems to have potential.

Jonny

This method is fantastic if you don't want to bother with a spot for a mother plant.

I'm happy to report roots today after 9 days from clones taken at 8 weeks(day 56 or 57)---They are very luscious looking too : )

Back
Top Bottom