What is a flowering clone?

I think this is an excellent method. . personally have been using flowering clones, and I am constantly amazed by them. . . They grow very interesting too, you have the added age factor due to the extra veg time, seems to play a role in better quality IMO. . . and LST seems to be the way to go when usng flowering clones. . . I have had a perpetual grow for about 7 - 8 months now using flowering clones, no males, no germinating, no mothers. .. Downside I have found thus far, they tend to not hold the bud weight very well, so the branches need to be staked or tied, which is why it seems that LST is perfect match for flowering clones.

Bagz :peace:

so i'm gonna assume I leave the lil' bud on my flowering clone intact........
unless someone tells me something on the contrary:bong::allgood:

Wow!:adore: Your still the king of scrog my friend! :adore: Your knack at reading the stretch of the plant and the positioning of the branches is phenomenal and gives you such a even canopy. Mine always ends up looking scraggly like with different length buds all over. I've gotten a little better at it but I'm still not in your league. Love the pics! Gotta love the branching of a flowering clone huh?lol

Fatjoe's been trying to talk me into doing this very thing. Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and try it. lol. I've got tons of seeds and I'm getting really tired of the whole germination issue. I've currently got a grow that's a little disappointing with regards to the number of female plants I've been left with. After the males were cut from the grow, I ended up with 5 SD IBL and 1 Pure Afghani in one 3x6 tray. My other tray is wide open. Fatjoe decided I should pop some LA Confidential seeds and run them, so that's what I'll probably do, hehehe.

My current grow is three weeks into flower and there are bud sites all over the plants. I've got them under 1000w of HPS. Is it too late to take the clones??? All of the bottom growth has bud sites also. But it does look nice and tender, hehehe. Do you trim the leaf growth from the cuts or just let it hang on for the ride?

Trying to get used to this site so I may not be able to find this thread again -ever. lmfao.

Peace

I just ran across this topic.
I just did this. I am in day 8 with clones I took from two budding plants at day 31 of budding. Day 8 and I have roots poking through the rockwool. Looking good too!
I have a grow journal going (life of the Bubble Gum babies) with pics.
Like my man said... I also have the two I cloned from that are clones from a budding plant...... Totally exploded with bud sites. (check out my other post and pics) I should get about 1lbs from two plants that are under 36 inches.
SWEET!!
I will never clone in veg anymore.

I too am trying this out. I have mothers, but I've heard so much conflicting information on whether or not the genes degrade, that I'm running unflowered clones and flowered clones next to eachother to see what the results are. I have a couple questions though...

Has anyone noticed any degragation of quality or quantity?

I understand that genes may stay stable for generations (of flowering clones) before tanking... any sugestion on how long I should run this experiment for accurate results?

I have never noticed a dimunition of quality when taking clones over a long period. The best way to tell is do a qualitative assessment you can compare over successive generations. I honestly do not see any validity to the claim that clones get 'tired' over time, with a drop-off in potency. A clone is a genetic duplicate, and I see it as impossible to alter the genetic make-up by taking clones over a long period of time.
Flowering clones is the way to go for yield. Racefan and I both agree on this.

I usually take flowering clones and have almost 100% success. VERY early into flowering, but once they show sex.

I have taken clones as late as 40 days before with success...

Just gotta show em a little love :) :hug::hug:

yeah, the flowered clones that I took are doing great. I read a couple of senor Jorge's books and he claims that chromosomes are altered during flower? While Jorge seems to be a nice guy, I've noticed he's got a lot to sell, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy everything.

Thanks man.. the more info the better. It only took one week for the flowered clones to show roots. I gotta go make room for em in the tray. in 6 to 8 I'll let you know how I did.

Back
Top Bottom