What is a flowering clone?

I think the only negative argument that "might" have some merits about degrading quality over long periods of time might be that of the tilamiers at the end of the chromosomes are lost, but that must be supported by many people's experiences in order to be regularly valid, which it has not been proved to be. Things cannot be cloned forever because of the fact that tilamiers at the end of the chromosomes are lost during each cell division, tilamiers are the very grains of sand in the hourglass timer of the length of our lives.

This is a way too complex agrument for me to champion as I am not a genetics major at Berkeley.

hahaha thinking about it, unknowingly i took flowering clones from the plant that my friend had. He had the plant on a 12/12 cycle, and it begant to flower, namely the odor was the tell tale. As the plant was dieing we desperately Cloned it and switched it to hydro (to try to eliminate the bugs in the soil, some random pot was being used)which in the end killed the plant.

The Clones smell amazing though.
and are holding up well, but a clone wouldnt normally smell like that unless it started flowering would it?

thanks for the info racefan you,ve just helped me make up my mind on weather to av a mom plant, and thats no no !! i really like the idea of cloning from a flowering plant, ive just brought a small grow tent i shall use it for veg when ready

Racefan after you answer the other guys question that i want to know too
"hey race fan do you keep your light cycle on veg for long on these flowering clones or just a couple of weeks then go 12/12 ? cheers man"""
can you answer mine please?
"what exactly is a capful"? when you say your solution. Cause the milk jug caps are tiny, but if its like a ice tea capful then its pretty big.. ???
thanx sorry for stupid question
PS... also what do you mean "you let the chlorine burn off the milk jug"?

How long to veg depends on what results you are looking for and the type grow your doing as well as the size of the grow area. I have a little bit of room so I veg for about a month until they are about a foot to 18" tall and then transplant to a 3 gallon container and flower. I end up with 3 to 4 foot tall plants but I super crop most so they are also branched out some with several colas.
A gallon milk jug cap full is exactly what it is. A capful. Not much to figure there. To burn off the chlorine is to let the jug of "city" water sit out over night so chlorine evaporates/burns off. You need to call your water district and find out if they use chlorine or chloramines. Chlorine evaporates over time. Chloramines don't. Tell them you have a large fresh water fish tank and are moving there and want to know this before you fill the tank. If it's chloramines you will need to get a water treatment solution that removes it. The pet store or even walmart sells this.

i just potted up a second smalll batch of flowering clones and have another small batch started the first batch is 10 days or so into reveg and puting out nice healthy mutant single fan leaves
this seems to be a light stress rteaction pattern as just about every MJ i have revegged does this for a while

the older reveged flow clone is showing frequent nodes and branching sites so am hoping

for bonsai bushes

the branching thing on flowering clones might be due to IBA in the rooting hormone i think it promotes branching and root formation Spees at no mercy explains some of this in something of his on the web and also in here i think

how tall do you want ur plants to be in the end? in soil a good rule of thumb is a gallon to a foot. one foot of growth, one gallon.....so unless u just want 9 1 foot buds....then id suggest getting bigger., as soon as new growth forms, you can go to 12/12, because new growth normally means roots have taken hold...
anything else?

the reason im reading this thread is because i have a monster G13 Power Skunk plant growing right now. she was almost 3 foot in a 1 gal. pot, i put her into a 3 gal. square pot and she grew a foot while flowering in a week. she outgrew the vertical room i was wanting to use.
i cut off her top... about 10 inches of her... and am trying to clone that now. that clone is looking good after 6 days (it once wilted from me not giving enough H2O but i sprayed her good and she popped back up). the big plant kept growing... 8 more inches! so today i cut off the top 2 newest flowering shoots... a total of 18 inches cut from the top of this thing in a week. im trying and hoping these 2 newer clones do as well as the 1st seems to be.
the big sucker has 6 or 8 shoots coming from the bottom of the main stalk almost 3 feet long themselves. anyways, the "rule of thumb" sometimes doesnt apply, my 3 gallon buckets have what would be a 6 foot monster if not for my chopping her down.

no expert here, but on the degeneration question ... racefan turned me onto this technique a long time ago. i kept the rolling cycle of nervana white widow, nervana afgani, a blueberry strain called mystery blue, and a sensi star strain going for a 4 year run with any issues across all those strains.

i religously cut my clones at day 21 of flower, which gave me 2 weeks to establish roots, and 2 - 3 weeks of veg time before i rolled them into my flowering box. net effect was a 60 day harvest rotation.

try it ... it works!

bog ... aka bogrow ...

ps - great writeup racefan!

the reason im reading this thread is because i have a monster G13 Power Skunk plant growing right now. she was almost 3 foot in a 1 gal. pot, i put her into a 3 gal. square pot and she grew a foot while flowering in a week. she outgrew the vertical room i was wanting to use.
i cut off her top... about 10 inches of her... and am trying to clone that now. that clone is looking good after 6 days (it once wilted from me not giving enough H2O but i sprayed her good and she popped back up). the big plant kept growing... 8 more inches! so today i cut off the top 2 newest flowering shoots... a total of 18 inches cut from the top of this thing in a week. im trying and hoping these 2 newer clones do as well as the 1st seems to be.
the big sucker has 6 or 8 shoots coming from the bottom of the main stalk almost 3 feet long themselves. anyways, the "rule of thumb" sometimes doesnt apply, my 3 gallon buckets have what would be a 6 foot monster if not for my chopping her down.
I've grown a 2 foot tall plant in a dixie cup. As long as it gets the food it needs to survive it will grow. Fruiting/flowering is another story though. While you'll get it to flower you will hurt yield and the quality of the bud will suffer. The plant will be in a constant state of stress due to being root bound and all of that is if you don't turn her hermie first. Bud mass is in direct proportion to root mass. Remmeber that when it comes to growing and you can't lose.lol I'd transplant again or lose enough foilage so that the root system can fully suppport growth "and" flower.
Did all this fast growth happen right after you put her into flower? There's a 2 to 3 week growth period called the stretch when you first introduce a plant into flower.

i think one finger leaves are a sighn of revegging. even if you cut them off its not gonna stop it from doing this. id just leave them on to not stress your babie

the single finger fans almost always show up for me in two situations first in normal seedling development after the seed leaves
increasing in fingers as each new node forms leaves

second in revegging and regrowth after switching the day length from 12/12 or longer night to long daylight cycles

it appears to be a standard development pattern in vegatative growth i don't remember the auxin or hormones reactions that
govern this or the fancy chems like IBA or gibberelic acid etc
that the university ag labs play with but go read cloning gels ,liquids or powder ingredient list or a growth or bloom stimulator

i think the mutant in here is when you get even number of fan leaves instead of odd numbers but i'm not a certified researcher just another observer clarifying what i see for myself and hoping it passes on some kindness to another 420....and helps a newby too

so if im in week 11 flower i shouldnt even try this then ? not worth it right or no -- i still have the aching ? tho if i were to pulls buds and leave plant go back into veg and then flower again ?? can i do that------ or what if i cut half the plant from middle up root that and make two plants ?? or cut half do that same thing but harvest the buds off the branches first ?

its just i got soo lucky having a girl my first try and i dont know if i wanna go thru all this again with bagseeds from my tin can , i could always get seeds from sensi bank i guess never grown before caus ei was too scared any one know of some good plain big buds seeds that make huge buds and flower fast ?

i really really really would like round two grow for me to be somekind of tastfull bud like lemon skunk or somthing any one have any ideas of what i could get from the seed banks i need somthing thats not tempermental like ww is and doesnt take forever sense this is for personal use i could care less how much it really makes as long as it isnt less then 20 grams

after reading this i think i actully pushed my plant into and out of vegging because i have a few one finger leaves

go figure no wonder its taking forever

yes you started a reveg process if you have the single blade leaf. Are you 100% light tight? How are you determining when to harvest?

all around the stem is single finger leaves everywhere lol i even have baby fan leaves that came out from where the bud sites were

i didnt think anything of it

microscope for trike sis how im telling

closet trim door has cracks all around but i never thought it was an issue since the plants time schedule was off at about 10pm on at about 10am so its night time and wre sleeping while its sleeping

it looks good tho i have good amount of trikes everywhere smellin nice now lookin green ive known the whole time there was a slight super micro gaps in the woodwork around the door frame but i never thought that it was doing anything but now ya man i have a crap load of single finger leaves and about 3-4 mini fan leave cluster thats poked out

i thought it was just the plant doing its goodness and growing but i guess not i shouldnt have soo many leaves covering the bud sites like that and i have trimed away some of them

I saw someone else reply to yes to a question about leaving the bud intact, but wanted racefan's input on it.. Racefan if my buds are getting pretty big (week 5 1/2) do I just ignore them, leave them on, and let them die while in the cloning and revegetation process?

I saw someone else reply to yes to a question about leaving the bud intact, but wanted racefan's input on it.. Racefan if my buds are getting pretty big (week 5 1/2) do I just ignore them, leave them on, and let them die while in the cloning and revegetation process?

good question: any opinions on this?

Back
Top Bottom