what is better

student

what is better 24 or 18/6 in vag.... also I am not trying to save money on electric bill I just want to know what is the best thing for my plant thanks again...:smokin:

In the interest of saving on energy alone, 18/6 would be better obviously. However, this would be my choice anyway because I strongly believe plants need a dark period. Do you know of any place in the world where daylight lasts 24hrs. for more than a day? You are trying to replicate a natural light cycle indoors and 24hrs. of light is just too unnatural for me to endorse.

what is better 24 or 18/6 in vag.... also I am not trying to save money on electric bill I just want to know what is the best thing for my plant thanks again...:smokin:

IMO if your vegging with HID's use 18/6. Vegging with floros use 20/4. The extra light helps with the less intensity of the floros while still allowing a sleep period. It's been my method for years now with great results

I've been using 24/0 mostly. I think vegging at 24/0 is a bit slower as far as the plants growing in height, but the nodes seem to be much closer together. I love having the branches very tight. It makes for some killer baseball bat colas. IMO. I would suggest if you decide to go with a certain light regiment don't switch it up. For instance. If you start out 24/0 don't switch it up to 18/6 a month down the line during veg. I've read in the Grow Bible that this can cause your plants to Herm.

Back
Top Bottom