What is causing my bud to taste and exhaled smoke to smell woody?

BONGK1LLA

420 Member
Crop grow in coco using canna nutes. Flushed for 2 weeks with RO water. Dried slowly over 2 weeks at 50% humidity and temp at 75f. Bud smells lovely before its smoked but when it's smoked has a kind of woody taste to it and when you smell the smoke that's exhaled it has a woody smell to it keeps having this woody smell no matter what strain. Can anyone shine any light onto why this could be happening???

Crop grow in coco using canna nutes. Flushed for 2 weeks with RO water. Dried slowly over 2 weeks at 50% humidity and temp at 75f. Bud smells lovely before its smoked but when it's smoked has a kind of woody taste to it and when you smell the smoke that's exhaled it has a woody smell to it keeps having this woody smell no matter what strain. Can anyone shine any light onto why this could be happening???
Doesn't sound like you cure your bud. Once they are dry you should jar it up for a while in a air tight container. The minimum is about a week but the longer the better. If you want a better taste you should dry until the branch breaks but doesnt snap completely and then jar it up. Open it every day for a half hour to exchange air. Do that for about a week and then they should be ready for consumption. The longer the better though after the week you dont need to "burp" ya jars anymore :)

Yes I forgot to add I do cure it. It's in jars now been in there for about 4 days so far. Even previous crops where it's been in a jar for weeks still has the same problem, the woody taste and smell when smoked. It could be like you say that it's to dry because I kind of get scared to put it In the jar to early. I did a crop that smelled lovely then I put it all in jars n it virtually killed all the smell off in one night. It did gradually come back a bit after a week or so of burping the jars but never smelled as good again so I've kind of been wary of jarring to early ever since.

Thanks for your reply's bilbobudkin420 I think you could be right. I could be over drying before I'm getting it into the jars. Sounds logical to me. Thanks for the advice
More than welcome mate. If you hear a nice crispyness when you squeeze the bud but it still springs back and you can hear a nice break when you snap a branch but it doesnt break completely thats about perfect. That little bit of sticky ickiness is whats needed for cure. :p best of luck on your next endeavour

Back
Top Bottom