What is causing the tips to turn yellow?

Cruizer

The plant is 5 weeks old, strain unknown, type unknown due to it being from bagseed. Soil is organic, ph is around 6.8-7.0 My PH meter is acting up so i can't get a decent reading, I have a new one that is digital and on it's way, and should be here in a few days. I may have mixed some soil together that had Nutrients in it when i added more soil to the pot. I have new soil so should i replant? It's a mixture of Horse manure and dirt. Here's some pics of the problem child...:thanks:
IMG_20140816_171720.jpg
IMG_20140816_171652.jpg
IMG_20140816_171531.jpg

i know soil growers keep the ph around 6.8-7 impretty sure but i guess the ration the poo is mixed with soil may affect usable ph range

I haven't added any horse doo to that plant yet, I think it's a N deficiency and the horse caca would raise it, What do you think?

I'd probably start over at that early stage, but if you must save then transplant and water only for at least the next 3 feedings. The burned growth will not recover but new growth should be OK, and you will be slowed down a bit by the stress of it all.

It's sitting in the sun with fresh air blowing and the humidity is 56% at 86F When back under cfl's the temps are between 84-87F Has hit the 90's but i usually try to stay at 85F
I started on 18/6 cycle and night temps stay 75-79F

Question: I went to the local Home D and they don't sell Cal/Mag or Dolomite Lime. Is there anything else i can use? In Mehico they don't drink the water, they have places set up where you take your empty bottle and they refill for you. If it's filtered like that, does it strip out the other minerals my plants need like the calcium and magnesium? I found some bottled water called Sta. Maria and the label says it has Calcium is 7.1 and Mag. is 5.0 with a PH of 7.4, should i use that and PH it down? or put some tap water out for 24 hrs. and us it? I do believe the plants need some cal/mag. Ideas?

weed needs a lot of cal and mag. ph downing that 7.4 water sounds like a good bet. But keep in mind it needs much more then just cal and mag for micro nutes.

Using something like blackstrap molasses, azomite, or seaweed helps to supply those other micro nutes. Of course you want the right amount of N P and K too.

Horse poo will have some cal-mag in it. It might not be enough though.

You can easily get magnesium. Just buy epsom salts. Usually that is what will be low, rather than calcium.

For calcium, you might be bale to find gypsum. It will not raise the soil's PH.

Even Mexico should have nurseries for plants, so you should be able to find Dolomite lime there.

Also, you can get a calcium powder vitamin in calcium carbonate form, I am pretty sure at any store that sells vitamins.

There are a ton of nature stores here so i will see what i can get. I was going to google if i can use the calcium pills. I think i can find some epsom salts here. I haven't given them a drink of the Sta. Maria water yet, still waiting until they are dry.

plants could be fading due to not enough light as well, how long are they under CFL typically?
I never thought about it because I put them in the sun coming in through the 3rd story window for like 2 hrs, then back under the cfl's until midnight, then lights off for 6 hours and do it again. I changed the cfl's around yesterday to shine on top, instead of at an angle. I will see if that helps, i've made it farther into a prior grow to the point of showing the sexes before I moved and couldn't take them with me. I will see if this helps shed some light on the fading color problem. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom