What is happening? Please help me

deza

Hi Guys

something has gone wrong with my plant. It about 7 weeks old and was 'ok' before this major change happened.

Ill explain the setup i have and perhaps somebody can take it from there..

Its a flood and drain hydroponic system; the tray contains the plant which is home to a ROCKWOOL cube and clay balls/rocks are also filled in the tray which is fed water via a water ring and drains back into the reservoir.
the PH level is kept between 6.3 & 6.5.
the nurtient level is reading between 800 PPM HANNA - 900PPM HANNA OR 1.7 EC
its also connected to a air pump with two large airstones for oxygen.
400 WATT HPS LIGHTING 18hours on 6hours off.
Fan (Oscilating at LOW/MEDIUM speeds.
Intake and exhaust fans also.
room temparature is between 25/29 degrees celcius.
plant gets flood and drained for 2/3minutes twice during daylight hours.
the light is the corrent distance from the plant.

I dont know what the hell is happening.. can somebody let me know what it could be? need EXPERT advise here the leaves just went twisted all of a sudden and curley 'leave edges curl inwards'. & droppy branches.

colour wise i cannot see any signs of nutrient burn; no burnt edges.. just nice green leaves 'except for a few newest on the top which were a little yellow and curly a day before this happened.

not sure if its overwatering or under watering? weak plant? i dont even know what strain it is or its name..

whats happening to it???????????

Re: WTF is happening? Please help me

temp is good at end of bloom we want 20 degrees....i think its your ph.

she is veging still at the moment..

ill upload photos now..

the only thing i can think is i sprayed a product called 'turn around' on it.. which i srayed during lights off that ensure the plant is female by the time it flowers.. like hormone replacement i think. not sure if that has anything to do with it..

could be...why would you spray something.....let nature take its course...or buy feminized seeds...during lights out is good....keep a close look on it.....hydro means ...being on top of things.

could be...why would you spray something.....let nature take its course...or buy feminized seeds...during lights out is good....keep a close look on it.....hydro means ...being on top of things.

a stupid reccommendation by a friend who was supposed to be a 'pro' but obviously didnt.. i never took his advise until then and no longer will but i need it to recover.

a stupid reccommendation by a friend who was supposed to be a 'pro' but obviously didnt.. i never took his advise until then and no longer will but i need it to recover.

400 watts hps makes 40 cm to top of plant....hang it a little higher for now........ventilate well ...keep a good eye on temperature during nigh....the roots hate cold periods......below 15.

photos are up.

seen the pics...just now....and i think.....you killed it.

renew water .....with ec between 1.8 and 2.2 ....ph 5.4 because it will rise.....more we cant do......lamp goes up another 10 centimeters....and hope for the best.

400 watts hps makes 40 cm to top of plant....hang it a little higher for now........ventilate well ...keep a good eye on temperature during nigh....the roots hate cold periods......below 15.

the lights are 60-70 cm from the top at the moment.

seen the pics...just now....and i think.....you killed it.

renew water .....with ec between 1.8 and 2.2 ....ph 5.4 because it will rise.....more we cant do......lamp goes up another 10 centimeters....and hope for the best.

EC LEVEL IS 1.7...

water change was completed a few days ago so its a fresh batch..
i think the spray i used killed it.. (feminse spray) called 'TURN AROUND'

is it safe to clip off all the curly twisted leaves and leave the stem and branches to recover? will that help.

then only adjust your ph....water is good.....CHECK

if they are like paper get rid of them ...spray alot with water now......humidity high .... the stuff closed your leaves....like a plastic glove....dont chop all leaves cause it will die.....and see what happens.
maybe a humid night will perk them up......

then only adjust your ph....water is good.....CHECK

if they are like paper get rid of them ...spray alot with water now......humidity high .... the stuff closed your leaves....like a plastic glove....dont chop all leaves cause it will die.....and see what happens.
maybe a humid night will perk them up......

i rang the guy i bought the spray from at the hyrdo shop.

he said its normal reaction with that spray when the lights are close..
but now that the lights are much higher it should be ok.. he said give it a few days?..if it was a male it will change over to female genes.

it will be interesting in seeing how this turns out..

should i put up a humidity crib around the whole plant like you do with newly cloned plants?

no just spray it , to much humidity could smutter?(gasping for air...hey im dutch!) her.....i would call the hydro dude and ask him for a refund...he gave you a set back of at least 3 weeks. does he pay your electricity.....just use basics....nothing fancy.....if its male its male if its female its female.....next time buy ..... feminized....i hope your baby will rise again.

no just spray it , to much humidity could smutter?(gasping for air...hey im dutch!) her.....i would call the hydro dude and ask him for a refund...he gave you a set back of at least 3 weeks. does he pay your electricity.....just use basics....nothing fancy.....if its male its male if its female its female.....next time buy ..... feminized....i hope your baby will rise again.

Thankyou for your help and advise.. i think your right with the set back 'if it does recover' i will not be using it again...

this is my first time doing this and i guess everyone makes mistakes you learn from! took my 5 months to get a seed which is now my plant.

just ordered some off demonseeds lets see if they even arrive.

the before pic looks grand(you did nothing wrong, only the ph is a little high).....weed is a simple plant...use seeds that are easy, dont use 12 week bloom seeds in the beginning...use 8 weeks and learn to control all aspects of growing...when you mastered all the details and your environment is good you can go on using diff seeds....multistrains etc etc....why experiment when it all is done before!

the before pic looks grand(you did nothing wrong, only the ph is a little high).....weed is a simple plant...use seeds that are easy, dont use 12 week bloom seeds in the beginning...use 8 weeks and learn to control all aspects of growing...when you mastered all the details and your environment is good you can go on using diff seeds....multistrains etc etc....why experiment when it all is done before!

thanks. it means alot to me especially since its my first ever grow and i got all the ingredients right except for one fatal mistake with a hormone spray.

i did alot of homework before i jumped into it.. i made sure i had everything before i even tried to get the plant to life; all the tools and equipment to maintain a healthy plant.

it only took one mistake!.. that hormone spray

i hope it recovers.. i will update this thread if she dies or lives.

do you know what kind of strain it is? the guy i got the seed off said the seed was about 30/40years old and the seed was very very big when i got it. so not sure what kind of plant it was now :(

it was an 40 year old seed? or a 40 year old strain/species?

big seed indica
small seed sativa

is what i witnessed.

And by build up i m guessing WhiteWidow.

it was an 40 year old seed? or a 40 year old strain/species?

big seed indica
small seed sativa

is what i witnessed.

And by build up i m guessing WhiteWidow.

30/40 year old seed.. Based on the photos white widow?

i never heard of a 40 year old seed that hatched....marvelous....then it couldnt be WW....i grew white widow and it has the same build up...its def a indica

your an AUSSIE....so first AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI .....

the dude you got the seed from) what is his origin....?

Back
Top Bottom