What is the average for White Widow auto flower vegetation?

BrokrnEyes

Taking a look at my aero garden's calendar, my white widow auto flower has been chugging along for about 18 days now and I was wondering if anyone knew what the average time. Is for this particular variety for its vegetation? I got the seeds from sponsor AMS (Amsterdam marijuana seeds) and I've only just started LST training.

Thanks man, I know that all the flowers have a chance to be frowned upon but I didn't know that when I ordered them and now I'm kind of freaking out that the plant is going to do what I'm expecting. Not to diss a sponsor but I suspect that they don't have exact harvest amounts listed on their auto flower varieties.

Generally speaking Autos are very poor and widely variable genetics. Then you through into the mix that many are Femed seeds and you have no idea what you are going to get. Even worse many are F1's. So much of the data they post is because they have to post something in the webpage. Now WW is by no means an F1 but if it is a first gen auto cross that is an F1. And if it is femed you could have a slow starter for sure.

If it doesn't start flowering by 4 weeks you may want to induce it around week 5 by lowering ON time to 12 hours for a week or so.

Good Luck!
:thumb:

Yeah, it's funny how research for me seems to go that way if I get all this information together, I think I have a good idea and then make the financial investment only to find a month into the project that the key component I bought wasn't the greatest... But oh well, when life gives you lemons as they say... At the very least the seeds will give me invaluable experience for when I switch over to rags.
As for that website, He has a lot of really useful information I bookmarked it, but again it doesn't actually say when to expect it to switch over for that particular variety, only that harvest is typically between 80–90 days, so I guess I can extrapolate from that that the auto flower will Bloom six weeks after seed, or as was said in about four weeks, so here's hoping that she saw a massive growth in the next four weeks otherwise I would be truly pissed.

I only ran autos once...I was very disappointed in the final size of the plants. They started blooming at 7 inches and did not get very big.

They say they are meant for outdoors and I believe them. Technically if you run Clones you can actually beat an auto in both time to harvest and final weight. I don't really see an advantage in growing them indoors. I have a buddy who grows them outdoors and is very happy. They aren't a bad thing just really a novelty for indoor growing.

Like I said if you do a good job cloning and have a taller mature clone waiting for the bloom space from the plant that is in there...as soon as the space is ready you can throw it in and start blooming it and get done faster than an Auto.

Not to mention that Autos have a handful of things that make them more difficult to grow than regulars so they really shouldn't be used by a beginner. For one they do not follow a standard nute program. Unless you understand the plant well you are likely to have reduced yield from not having an ideal nute program. I have only seen one expensive company attempt to make a nute program for them. For 2 they are immediately into bloom so you can't make any mistakes. A regular plant while in veg can rebound from just about anything. An auto is in bloom almost immediately so any mistakes are irrecoverable. You can't use normal tricks to try and accelerate root growth so you end up with a smaller root ball then you want and are stuck with it and have to do some tricks to get the plant to out grow its root mass.

So like there is a lot a newb can screw up here. That said growing weed is easy and kinda like falling off a log. So people get great results but don't realize they got half of what they should. I have posted pics of my pathetic autos multiple times and people always praise them to no end as being great and I just shake my head. Difference is I know what I screwed up.

Some guy posted like 2 days ago about how he thinks Femed are great (which they kinda are) but we were trying to explain to this newb that for a long term cloning program you want to use the best genetics you can. Well this guy goes off about getting half a pound a plant outdoors...well sorry you just proved the point. Half a pound outdoors is a failure. I can get a pound a plant indoors. Outdoors your should have a 6-10 foot tree with a few pounds. But I guarantee since he got some good bud he thinks he his right and will continue to tell others to ignore science.

I am getting better about unsubbing to threads like that... ;) Now that I have said some controversial things here I probably will have to unsub here soon :rofl:

:Namaste:

Well, it is what it is as I said. I did the nutrient change out today and the roots of the single plant were quite impressive, if it turns out that the plant doesn't produce the biggest yield but the roots don't take over the interior of the aero garden I might be tempted to grow to plants next time around. Here's hoping that things do at least work out for me for the first time grower, and as I said oh of course switch over to the rags probably after my second or third grow with the autos, just so that I don't end up wasting the seeds.

yer fine...the real problem with autos is you are not in control of the life cycle. They walk their own path. Given lots of space not a big dealio. Given your setup they may outgrow it before you know it and you have to start cutting it back.

Good luck my friend...we are always here to help.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom