What is the best brand/type of bulb to flower with?

rankamateur

sylvania.jpg

osram.jpg

sunmaster.jpg

Hi there people,

I have done a couple of grows and am still a bit baffled by the bulbs you can get for flowering. I always veg my plants under a 400 hps dual specrtrum sunmaster and get good results, I know everyone says metal halide is best and im sure it is but i do fine with the hps.
What I am interested in hearing from you fellow growers is what type of flowering bulb you most like using.
Would you go for? The Sylvania 600w hps growlux dual spectrum, which is the first picture. The osram super son-t 600w pure sodium which just emits red/orange light spectrum, or the sunmaster 600w dual spectrum.
Only asking because iv used the osram last time and wondered if theres a better bulb to be using.
Thanks folks.

I love the hortilux super hps eye bulbs, but they are not the most cost effective for me so I upgrade my bulbs frequently and have been using 40 dollar plantmax bulbs changed every two cycles.

But there is no doubt if you want the best they are a really good bulb and will outlast most other brands. they were the OG's in lighting for the industry for many years.

Either Sunmaster or Hortilux.

Hortilux is considered the #1 for sure, and I'd say Sumaster is another good company out there.

The reason, besides the performance of their bulbs, is that they are both global lighting companies. They do other things aside from make grow lights, they're doing business all over the world in working with different industries. My point to this is their quality control and reputation is on the line in a bigger way.

Almost any other bulb on the market is made in China somewhere, and private labeled by somebody. I'm not saying these bulbs won't work, as a matter of fact much like shottafire we started using and selling Plant Max often because it still worked well and was much less expensive.

However if you're saying I want the best no matter what, Hortilux for sure. Sunmaster up there as well.

I grow led but before I decided led I wanted aHortilux!
Good luck man, whatever you choose I'm sure you will do great

I have a high pressure mercury lamp but the bulb I have (korolux h400/40) is high in blue but low in red, anyone recommend a good bulb for my lamp as the above bulbs are for HPS, any help would be appreciated. Ta.

I have two HPS bulbs in the garage they are 250 watt but again I think the spectrum is off they are lu250/t/40, if anyone has any freed back. Ta

Back
Top Bottom