What is the Best Cannabis Oil to Make Rick Simpson Oil?

Znation

There are so many different strains out there does anyone know what is the best cannabis to grow to make Rick Simpsons oil. I would imagine you would need both High THC and High CBD. Someone correct me please if i am wrong.

Re: Cannabis or Hemp Oil

It depends on what you want to use it for. RSO is more of a term that's attached to the process of alcohol + heat extraction of Cannabis essential oil. Which is the common practice for most other essential oils also. If you want the psychoactive reaction then you would use this method. If you are using for children or for people not seeking that reaction then you would not add heat to your process and would then be referring to more commonly known hash extraction methods. That's not to say you can't extract essential oils without heat because you can it just takes longer and requires much more control of the environment in which you are keeping your essential oil/solvent mixture. So to answer your question as general as possible if you want to achieve good genetics with equal parts THC/CBD look into strains like Harlequin, Pennywise, Cannatonic #3. They should give you those equal parts you desire. CBD CBG and THC all do different things in their acid form compared to their form once activated through heat.

(So to answer your question as general as possible if you want to achieve good genetics with equal parts THC/CBD look into strains like Harlequin, Pennywise, Cannatonic #3. They should give you those equal parts you desire. CBD CBG and THC all do different things in their acid form compared to their form once activated through heat.)

So basically you are saying that if I use these types of beans i would be getting the best of all worlds medically. I use the Rick Simpson way of making it.My problem is I want the medical benifits of it all but not really interested in the big high as I get paranoid easy.

Then you would want to avoid any and all methods of heat application whether it be smoking or extraction. You are better of juicing the leaves and making cold extraction essential oils for yourself. That way you receive 100% of the benefit and 0% of the "high" you get through heating the THCa stopping it from becoming psychoactive.

To make cold RSO you just remove the heat from the equation place the solution somewhere safe and with frequent airflow and the alcohol will evaporate to leave you with nothing but oil. The heating just accelerates the evaporation process and psychoactivates the oil at the same time.

Thank you very much for the info, Do you think it would be better to use like 8% CBD and 4% THC to get the benefits I need, I have serched and serched but really have not come up with a Higher CBD. I herd of Charletts Webb but it can not be obtained by me.

Thank you very much for the info, Do you think it would be better to use like 8% CBD and 4% THC to get the benefits I need, I have serched and serched but really have not come up with a Higher CBD. I herd of Charletts Webb but it can not be obtained by me.

Charlottes Web is a hard cut to come across unless you live in Colorado. Where the Stanley brothers live, who created the strain. I have it myself but went through high and hell water to get it, though that's because it was free. Most people outside of Colorado will charge anywhere between 800-1500 for the strain... that's if you can get them to sell it to you. I give cuts of it to critically ill patients who live near me who know me from a friend or something. All of them have Medical cards compliant with Washington State law

My suggestion would be to go onto a seed bank. I have acquired a lot of my genetics through Marijuana Seeds - The Single Seed Centre they have specific categories. That way you can do your own searches. I'd stongly suggest Harlequin. TGA genetics have a lot of Harlequin and CBD strong outcrosses by the way of strains like Medicine woman also. Hurkle and Pennywise I believe are their best strains for what you seek. They have Analytical read outs for a lot of their strains on their website tgagenetics.com. Best of luck!

I have not been able to locate Harlequin fem beans anywhere..got any help on that. The site you gave me is all sold out.

There are so many different strains out there does anyone know what is the best cannabis to grow to make Rick Simpsons oil. I would imagine you would need both High THC and High CBD. Someone correct me please if i am wrong.

BEST STRAINS for Rick Simpson Oil:
CBD Critical Cure, Blue Shark are 2 besides Harlequin. Harlequin seed is available from a Collective I know of in Detroit, MI. -------- or Weedfinder should help you.

Simple Way to make Rick Simpson Oil and not have worries about starting a fire or decarboning ....
Magical Butter Machine 2

(So to answer your question as general as possible if you want to achieve good genetics with equal parts THC/CBD look into strains like Harlequin, Pennywise, Cannatonic #3. They should give you those equal parts you desire. CBD CBG and THC all do different things in their acid form compared to their form once activated through heat.)

So basically you are saying that if I use these types of beans i would be getting the best of all worlds medically. I use the Rick Simpson way of making it.My problem is I want the medical benifits of it all but not really interested in the big high as I get paranoid easy.

Znation, if you ever come back this way and if you're still looking for the medicinal benefits without the euphoria you need to explore tacking as a delivery protocol. At the bottom of my signature line there're a list of threads dedicated to Concentrated Cannabis Oil (CCO, aka RSO). You'd be looking to go with the Dosing Tutorial link. Tacking, done properly, won't make you noticeably euphoric at all.

Now I'm very new in all of this and making RSO but correct me if I'm wrong but according to Rick Simpson the heat is necessary 240F to decarbolize the THC because according to Rick it changes the molecule to somehow fit the receptors in the body to heal cancer. also from what I have read if you use indica and high CBD it counters the effects of the high of the THC....

Here is a strain I found at Herbies

Medicann Blue Blood Feminised Seeds Specs
Genetics: OG Kush x Blueberry
Type: Indica (70%) / Sativa (30%)
Flowering time: 6 - 10 weeks
Yield: Medium
THC content: 15 - 20%
CBD content 10%
Medicinal Uses: Chronic Pain, Body relief without mental intoxication, Insomnia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, MS, Gastrointestinal Issues, Arthritis, Anorexia

I also orderd this

Barneys L.S.D Feminised Seeds Specs
Type Indica Dominant
Yield 700 gr/m2
Height 150 cm
Flowering Time 60 Days
Harvest Time End September
Thc Content 23%
Cbd Content 1.2%

Grow both and make one oil from both...Should be very good we'll see

I also found this one at southern Oregon seeds
Med Gom 1.0
Flowering Type : Auto Flowering
Sex : Feminized
THC Content : 4-10%
CBD Content : 15%
Yield : 25 - 50 gr/plant
Plant Height : Up to 1 meter
Grows : Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time : 60 - 65 Days

***Medicinal Properties Therapeutic, curative and preventive effects. Keeps you alert and reduce THC psychotomimetic effects (tachycardia, loss of memory and concentration, anxiety)***

Now I'm very new in all of this and making RSO but correct me if I'm wrong but according to Rick Simpson the heat is necessary 240F to decarbolize the THC because according to Rick it changes the molecule to somehow fit the receptors in the body to heal cancer. also from what I have read if you use indica and high CBD it counters the effects of the high of the THC....

Here is a strain I found at Herbies

Medicann Blue Blood Feminised Seeds Specs
Genetics: OG Kush x Blueberry
Type: Indica (70%) / Sativa (30%)
Flowering time: 6 - 10 weeks
Yield: Medium
THC content: 15 - 20%
CBD content 10%
Medicinal Uses: Chronic Pain, Body relief without mental intoxication, Insomnia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, MS, Gastrointestinal Issues, Arthritis, Anorexia

I also orderd this

Barneys L.S.D Feminised Seeds Specs
Type Indica Dominant
Yield 700 gr/m2
Height 150 cm
Flowering Time 60 Days
Harvest Time End September
Thc Content 23%
Cbd Content 1.2%

Grow both and make one oil from both...Should be very good we'll see

I also found this one at southern Oregon seeds
Med Gom 1.0
Flowering Type : Auto Flowering
Sex : Feminized
THC Content : 4-10%
CBD Content : 15%
Yield : 25 - 50 gr/plant
Plant Height : Up to 1 meter
Grows : Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time : 60 - 65 Days

***Medicinal Properties Therapeutic, curative and preventive effects. Keeps you alert and reduce THC psychotomimetic effects (tachycardia, loss of memory and concentration, anxiety)***

Great strains Preachforcure. I'm growing the Med GOM 1.0 myself and the Blue Blood is very popular among the oilers. Are you aware we have an active band of oil makers on site and we have a number of threads dedicated to making oil, dosing through tacking (oromucosal delivery without strong euphoria), treating cancer with CCO (the term we use here for Rick Simpson Oil ) as well as a thread we use as a gathering point to discuss other related topics? There are links in my signature, if you're interested in joining us.

To answer your question, yes. You need to get the THCA converted to THC for effective potency. It's the THC that's primarily responsible for killing the cancer cells. Decarb is controlled by time and heat, so 240-250 degrees for about 30 minutes works. I'll be decarbing my own buds in the oven before I begin the process. It's easier and I'm all about easy if it works as well.

A ratio of 2:1, THC:CBD is a good starting point. The CBD will offset the euphoric effects as well as reduce inflammation and assist the THC molecules in causing tumor death. You want the THC at around a minimum of 20%. In other words, potent. You chose well. I'm growing the Med GOM 1.0 for my daughter who we suspect might be sensitive to THC. Obviously a good choice for that.

If you're treating cancer, might I suggest you read through the cancer protocol thread. We're attempting to expand the knowledge base on the importance of bioavailability so the precious oil gets utilized as you intended instead of getting you high (an indicator of conversion to the psychoactive form of THC, so no longer THC :straightface: ) and being washed out of your body. More unmolested cannabinoids means more cancer killers on the prowl. Here's a link.

A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

If we can help in any way, you have only to ask. Good luck. You've stacked the cards in your favor. Well done. :circle-of-love:

It depends on what you want to use it for. RSO is more of a term that's attached to the process of alcohol + heat extraction of Cannabis essential oil. Which is the common practice for most other essential oils also. If you want the psychoactive reaction then you would use this method. If you are using for children or for people not seeking that reaction then you would not add heat to your process and would then be referring to more commonly known hash extraction methods. That's not to say you can't extract essential oils without heat because you can it just takes longer and requires much more control of the environment in which you are keeping your essential oil/solvent mixture. So to answer your question as general as possible if you want to achieve good genetics with equal parts THC/CBD look into strains like Harlequin, Pennywise, Cannatonic #3. They should give you those equal parts you desire. CBD CBG and THC all do different things in their acid form compared to their form once activated through heat.
That's great info. My confusion is. I had the RSO oil using its sublingually and because my hands from the lupus are so not working, I just use a blow dryer for like two seconds, so it was easier to come out and I used it for too long and it squirted out onto my hand. I didn't want to ingest that much because it was quite a bit almost half the syringe, and I took a little bit of coconut oil and made my own little rubbing and within three seconds my hands were moving, and the burning sensation went away. Is that a waste of our so oil because it seemed more potent than any lotion infused with THC and is there a way to easily make our oil Mix with coconut oil or such to get the effect that happened to me that day if that makes sense ? Ty

That's great info. My confusion is. I had the RSO oil using its sublingually and because my hands from the lupus are so not working, I just use a blow dryer for like two seconds, so it was easier to come out and I used it for too long and it squirted out onto my hand. I didn't want to ingest that much because it was quite a bit almost half the syringe, and I took a little bit of coconut oil and made my own little rubbing and within three seconds my hands were moving, and the burning sensation went away. Is that a waste of our so oil because it seemed more potent than any lotion infused with THC and is there a way to easily make our oil Mix with coconut oil or such to get the effect that happened to me that day if that makes sense ? Ty
Hey Stella welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
I made salve from coconut oil for years.
A crock pot full of coconut oil and a couple ounces of pot is all you need to create salve from coconut oil.
Would you like a recipe?
Do you grow your own.
Talk soon my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Rick Simpson Oil, or CCO (Concentrated Cannabis Oil) as we like to refer to it is simply the non-plant material (the trichomes) dissolved and then concentrated in a blob. This is because the trichomes, which contain those cannabonoids, will dissolve in alcohol (and oil). If you then evaporate the alcohol you are left with just those pure dissolved trichomes, or the cannabinoids.

But that's the exact same thing as dissolving those trichomes in oil and then pressing that oil out of the plant material if you're planning on adding oil anyway. If so, I'd just extract it directly into the oil.

And, I know it's not your question but the original premise of this thread is what is the best strain to use and at what ratios of cbd to thc. My answer to that question is to grow two different strains, one high in thc and low in cbd, and the other the reverse, high cbd, low thc.

That way you can create you're own ideal ratios. I'v grown three different strains, one high in cbd, cbg or thc and low in the others, and each at about 15% of their dominant cannabinoid. This allow mixing and matching to my heart's content.

Back
Top Bottom