What is the FIM technique?

Hey Farmers,

I'm a first timer, trying with two S.A.D. seeds I brought back with me from Spain. I planted one on May 24, the second two weeks later on June 4th. Both seeds sprouted on the third day.

When each was four weeks old I planted them directly in my veggie garden. That soil has been worked in with compost and autumn leaves for 11 years now. It's still has a lot of clay, but it's been producing great veggies for twelve straight years without adding any chemicals or pesticides.

Anyway, the first girl is now over a foot in height with at least eight nodes of leaves.

I was wondering if I should top it, FIM it, prune it, or just begin tying down the main stem. I have plenty of room horizontally, but my fence is only six feet high, and someone pulling into my driveway might see them if they get too tall.

At the time I bought the seeds I hadn't done much research. I just asked the clerk which seeds were good for chronic pain, and which were the freshest. He pointed me to a pack of these Sweet Afghani Delicious seeds, ones that are supposedly feminized.

I've read that they have a maturity date of about 65 days, but I don't understand how that can be. My one plant in already at 45 days and there's no way I'll be harvesting in 20 days. Well, not unless magic happens and overnight giant buds form, right?

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Right now I'm leaning towards tying down. But maybe with the younger plant I could trim it, perhaps root the cuttings. But do I need more plants?

Koren (waiting for my State to finish setting up shop)
mary-2c-plant-1-sad.1389815

65 days after the plant start getting 12/12 lighting scedule

Here is a picture of a freshly fimmed plant its C 99 and I did it to 4 branches I actually was only trying to top but got a fim instead
420-magazine-mobile1330325440.jpg
420-magazine-mobile474544230.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1559761196.jpg

Back
Top Bottom