What is the highest yielding strain?

You might State what you are looking for in cannabis. Such as do you like to get really stoned or mellow or energetic or for pain relief . The list goes on and on

Highest yielding strain is the one grown by the best grower

Lol

Not really a realistic question, way to many factors go into it

Now favorite, that's different all together

the others are sort of hypothetical wastes of time

No, they're really not. What size (including height) is your grow space? How much and what type of lighting do you have in it? What will your space's temperature range be? Also, do you prefer the effects of your bud to come in sativa or indica "flavors?"

What would be *not* be a hypothetical waste of time (as opposed to an actual one) would be to spend time recommending a high-yielding strain that simply won't perform well in your environment - because you'll not see high yields in that case - or one that produces bud you won't enjoy - because in that case, what would be the appeal of ending up with more of it, lol?

EDIT: Time is another factor. Along with general environmental conditions, the amount of light-energy you can provide, et cetera, some strains can yield well but take a lot of time to do so. If you consider grams per day (counting from day one until harvest day), you could find that a "lower-yielding" strain ends up being the winner because you might manage two crops to the other strain's one, or nearly so.

No, they're really not. What size (including height) is your grow space? How much and what type of lighting do you have in it? What will your space's temperature range be? Also, do you prefer the effects of your bud to come in sativa or indica "flavors?"

What would be *not* be a hypothetical waste of time (as opposed to an actual one) would be to spend time recommending a high-yielding strain that simply won't perform well in your environment - because you'll not see high yields in that case - or one that produces bud you won't enjoy - because in that case, what would be the appeal of ending up with more of it, lol?

EDIT: Time is another factor. Along with general environmental conditions, the amount of light-energy you can provide, et cetera, some strains can yield well but take a lot of time to do so. If you consider grams per day (counting from day one until harvest day), you could find that a "lower-yielding" strain ends up being the winner because you might manage two crops to the other strain's one, or nearly so.
hypothetical wastes of time because I have my preferences covered on how I want to grow this is the category I am asking about, so technically this is a hypothetical waste of my time, when i am asking for high yielding genetics and preferences and someone tells me I need to be a grower that's kinda redundant.

yup and you can take 5 different genetics keep them in the same room and environment and every single one of them will yield differently... if you're trying to convince me you can grow a sativa side by side with an Indica and get the same results it just isnt going to happen.

The highest yielding strain is big bud which doesn't taste very good, however Ken Estes developed a strain crossed with big bud which is called granddaddy purple which is the runner up as far as high yields and taste really good, in order to get the best purple, you need to insure lower temps near the end of the flowering stage. Happy growing and good luck.

I agree with most of whats been said. Yer big bud is a high yielder. Hybrids are usually the best for yields as they give the long colas of sativa with the dense and fat flower structure of indicas. Critical crosses, white widow, moby dick, there are a lot of high yield strains.
A good idea would be go to seedsmans website and use their search filters. I usually set it to high THC and very high yields :)

The highest yielding strain is big bud which doesn't taste very good, however Ken Estes developed a strain crossed with big bud which is called granddaddy purple which is the runner up as far as high yields and taste really good, in order to get the best purple, you need to insure lower temps near the end of the flowering stage. Happy growing and good luck.
Thanks a lot for the info definitely a runner up in my search.

I agree with most of whats been said. Yer big bud is a high yielder. Hybrids are usually the best for yields as they give the long colas of sativa with the dense and fat flower structure of indicas. Critical crosses, white widow, moby dick, there are a lot of high yield strains.
A good idea would be go to seedsmans website and use their search filters. I usually set it to high THC and very high yields :)
I also read on those websites but there just isnt enough feed back like OldSchoolTokers advice on the flavor of big bud occasionally they have reviews which I enjoy reading as well but I like asking active stoners too always fun to talk about Cannabis especially when it leads to larger yields.

Only problem i can see with asking growers is what @Chris Scorpio touched on about skill levels. When i did the lem skunk i wasnt at the level i am now and I KNOW 100% that if i ran it now id get a much better yield than before.
I have been growing for years, I do understand each plant likes specific conditions, my sativa likes when the tent is warm and my indica' like it when it's a bit cooler I am fully aware that you can never learn enough I am constantly reading up on current technique and trying some my self, but it's hard to get live feed back on genetics that are not being sold by salesmen ya know, i like to tackle my issues when they arise i wont worry about the specifics till I choose a strain, If it isn't broken don't fix it. I appreciate the input though.

Cool sounds like you got it figured out. Nice one. Like i said hybrids are prob ya best bet for yields bud. My highest yielding auto was grapefruit from fastbuds aswell if you dont mind autos Amazing bit of smoke aswell. Super gassy/sour diesel with a bitter mustardy note to it. Hits like a mule aswell.
So my reccomendations
Fast buds- grapfruit auto
Greenhouse seeds- Lemon skunk photo

Cool sounds like you got it figured out. Nice one. Like i said hybrids are prob ya best bet for yields bud. My highest yielding auto was grapefruit from fastbuds aswell if you dont mind autos Amazing bit of smoke aswell. Super gassy/sour diesel with a bitter mustardy note to it. Hits like a mule aswell.
So my reccomendations
Fast buds- grapfruit auto
Greenhouse seeds- Lemon skunk photo
I wish I had it all figured out, certain traits like pest resistance and plants that enjoy training are positive traits I am looking for but I am looking for peoples suggestions on the basic yield end and i'll compare all of them in the end before my decision hopefully a strain with everything I am looking for thanks again for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom