what is the proper method to flush in soil?

pipeman69

Hello everyone. I am about to harvest my plants and I need help flushing.
Previous grows I never flushed thinking it was a waist of time but not realizing how important it is.
I am growing in soil and in 5 gallon pots. What was explained to me is 1gallon of water to 1 gallon pot size?
I stopped feeding nutes 2 week ago and have been feeding just plain ph balanced water.
So far 5 feedings 1 gallon per and last night a5 gallon flush. The water seemed pretty clear but I want to give 1 more 5 gallon flush when the soil dries. I know I should give more info but I just need to know if I am on the right track and how many times do I need to do this.I figure after next flush I should be good but since it is my first time flushing I reach out to you guys.
Have a great weekend and thanks.

There are 2 different types of flushes.

Flushing(emergency) because you have serious nutrient burn:

At a slow pace run 10 gallons of water through your 5 gallon pot, if the run off is not clear run more water through until it is more or less clear(it will probably never be completely clear).

Flushing to prepare for harvest:

Approximately 10-14 days before expected harvest date start feeding only PH balanced water to your plants, come harvest day 10-14 days later the flush is complete.

There are some minor variations to flushing, but these are the basics.

Well it is a harvest and for 2weeks no nutes just plain ph balanced water,
After last night's 5 gallon flush I should be flushed out? My runoff was pretty clear.

Yes sir, ill chime in. If u stopped feeding nutes 2 wks ago, and they only have had water since then, and you poured 5 gal of water thru the container... You are good to go. If they are mature, chop them.

Using synthetic nutes in soil you probably will benefit from the "flushing"
But if you switch to an all natural, living soil, flushing is not at all necessary

Happy growin'

Yes sir, ill chime in. If u stopped feeding nutes 2 wks ago, and they only have had water since then, and you poured 5 gal of water thru the container... You are good to go. If they are mature, chop them.

Using synthetic nutes in soil you probably will benefit from the "flushing"
But if you switch to an all natural, living soil, flushing is not at all necessary

Happy growin'
Thanks brother. After the flush last night the water was pretty clear. I was using a 50/50 mix of ffof and happy frog with gh flora nutes so I think I'm good to go. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom