What is this growing on my plant?

Yes, I’ve seen member’s plants just run out of steam for no reason around the stage yours is at, never really dying but no new growth either.

I’d first looking into environmental factors that could be causing slow growth before moving on. Things like, is it cold, is it wet, is the soil compact, etc. It’s usually something like that more often than genetics but sometimes it is just a bad seed.

I actually have a ghost pepper top I cloned and transplanted over a month ago and it hasn’t grown, still just two little happy leaves just chilling, completely content with slacking off the rest of it’s life as is. It’s now finally, maybe, showing signs of a new leaf but I’m not holding my breath.

Na, I live near the equator so it's always hot. We hadn't seen snow or fridged weather in almost 10 years now. I'm growing it in organic MG soil so thats not it either. I'm just gonna chalk it up to an immature bag seed. Thanks for the info broski

Optimal growing temperatures for vegetative growth is around the 70-85F range.

So this plant is starting to grow white hairs guys, does this mean it's a fem for sure?
I see the pistils, an indication of female sex. “For sure” is a hard sell for me, there is always the possibility of a hermaphrodite if it has the genetics or environmental stressors to trigger it.

Yes, it will produce both pollen sacks and buds. It can happen at just about any point of the grow after the plant has reached maturity or gone into flowering, all the way until the end of the grow. It’s unfortunate when it happens and some people when it happens late in flowering will pluck the pollen sacks from the buds in order to keep them from seeding.

Do some searching of the forum you’ll see grows plagued by it. I’m not wanting to freak you out or become paranoid but it is a fact of growing some have had to deal with. It’s just like pests and deficiencies, just something to be aware of and proactive about by taking the right precautions.

Dang, so what happens when a plant Hermies bro, will it still produce bud?
Mine just hermied on day 25 since flip..I e isolated here and got the junkiest l
Cutting the pollen sacks off doesn't sound to bad. I may try that, but let's hope it's just a female. First time growing and it seems that I'm seeing all the bad things that happen first.
Don't work man...I picked all off and they come back over night opened too...here's my girl she Hermied on day 25 since flip but only been flowering for 22 days..took 11 days to show sex...I've been spraying with water and and throwing the molasses to her....Got her isolated from rest of plants in garage...but hell man she's making seeds and still getting thick.... Organic...got bout 60 more days to go...we will see
IMG_20200617_224323.jpg
IMG_20200622_003710.jpg
IMG_20200622_004738.jpg

@lilmikeygibson420 wow. Well I may separate it like you did if it does show a pollen sack. That whole plant still looks badass though bro. Id be happy with that look too.
[
I wouldn’t be worried about your plant being a herm, unless you have a crazy environment that will stress it like heat or light leaks and/or the strain your growing has a genetic probability of it.

@lilmikeygibson420 any idea what caused your plant to herm?
Have no clue...but a coon broke in and broke two branches off a month and a half In veg...

@lilmikeygibson420 wow. Well I may separate it like you did if it does show a pollen sack. That whole plant still looks badass though bro. Id be happy with that look too.
She's only truly been FLOWERING for 22 days today is 33 from flip and took 11 days to show sex...Plants are crazy..but there's always a solution if not ...OD HER ON MOLASSES AND RAINWATER AND SMOKE WHAT U CAN..IM HOPING SHES A TRUE HERMIE AND HAS ALL FEMINIZED SEEDS...THATS WHY I DIDNT KILL HER...IM GLAD NOW CAUSE GONNA B A THICK MOMMA WITH SEEDS IN NEXT TWO MONTHS..
15928087802251502426960.jpg

She's only truly been FLOWERING for 22 days today is 33 from flip and took 11 days to show sex...Plants are crazy..but there's always a solution if not ...OD HER ON MOLASSES AND RAINWATER AND SMOKE WHAT U CAN..IM HOPING SHES A TRUE HERMIE AND HAS ALL FEMINIZED SEEDS...THATS WHY I DIDNT KILL HER...IM GLAD NOW CAUSE GONNA B A THICK MOMMA WITH SEEDS IN NEXT TWO MONTHS..
15928087802251502426960.jpg
Here's were coon broke two limbs In Veg...
15928091179581764401877.jpg

Back
Top Bottom