What is this? Help

O'Doyle Seeds

420 Member
Hello,

Over the last week about 3 of my plants started spotting yellow. At first I was thinking fungi so I sprayed with Neem Oil. Now its still getting worse I'm thinking possibly bugs but after inspecting the leaves it doesn't look like there's any poop or eggs. This is my first indoor grow and I've been super happy with the results so far hoping its not too late to save these babies.

20200213_100414.jpg

20200213_100419.jpg

Yeah it started mostly on the top leaves but the newly grown fan leaves are fine, the very bottoms ones turned full yellow so I could have a few things going on. I have 12 teens, all in Fox Farm soil, ph is okay, under a 200w hps. Been feeding Age Old 12-6-6 every 5-7 days. Have not given them any calcium yet but I have been saving and crushing my egg shells for compost tea so maybe I'll try adding that to my next watering. So far I've removed affected leaves, treated with baking soda / water (2tbs/gal) and had no affect, been spraying with neem oil (5% concentrate) and just noticed today it seems to be having some effect. Also think one of my plants might have developed Septoria (might also be bugs) but I haven't had to deal with this yet. Kind of funny, I thought an indoor grow would have a lot less problems but the artificial environment has so many variables I feel like I have to micromanage the plants.

Attached is the pic of what I think is the Septoria:
20200213_100424.jpg

That is definitely probably the case then because I have been doing that. I didnt want to spray when the lights were off because I've had to deal with white powdery mildew on my outdoor grows and I figured the heat would make it evaporate faster. Should I just stick to root feedings from here out?

Do you not have a fan you can put on it?

Also... toss the Neem and get some Agromagen. So much better for your plants for pest.

Awesome, will do! I have a small room fan running 24/7. Will test the eggshell compost tea to see if its a calcium deficiency. Will the orange / yellow spots go away if it is or just help new growth?

Awesome, will do! I have a small room fan running 24/7. Will test the eggshell compost tea to see if its a calcium deficiency. Will the orange / yellow spots go away if it is or just help new growth?

I don't believe they will go away.

No, they won’t repair themselves. Leave them to fall, don’t cut them.
What is this compost tea yer brewing?
Why not get some botanicare cal/mag plus?
What stage growth are you in?
Which Age Old are you using? Should have cal and mag in it.

I hate to break it to you, but you’re wasting your time brewing compost teas if you’re going to use Age Old. It’s not for organics.
A0BCD377-D2A9-4067-9069-947CE8682764.png

What is this compost tea yer brewing?
Why not get some botanicare cal/mag plus?
What stage growth are you in?
Which Age Old are you using? Should have cal and mag in it.

They're approx. 2 months old, still have them on 24 hour light cycle. Im using the Old Age "Grow" 12-6-6. The compost tea I make I usually just going to mix some kelp, probiotic mix, a ton of crushed up eggshells and let brew overnight running a fishtank water pump. I'll probably pick up the cal/mag anyway but I already have all this stuff ready to make and I'm big on DIY.

They're approx. 2 months old, still have them on 24 hour light cycle. Im using the Old Age "Grow" 12-6-6. The compost tea I make I usually just going to mix some kelp, probiotic mix, a ton of crushed up eggshells and let brew overnight running a fishtank water pump. I'll probably pick up the cal/mag anyway but I already have all this stuff ready to make and I'm big on DIY.

What's the probiotic mix? I have been using my homebrew kombucha while in 1st ferment to lower my ph when needed. I put a big batch in the tent for potential co2. Curious what you are doing for probiotics. I did make some LAB but yet to use.

Okay, you need to get them on 18-6. They need the dark period to grow roots. You usually only run 24/0 for the first few weeks, then 20/4, then 18/6 after the third node or so.

I hate to break it to you, but you’re wasting your time brewing compost teas if you’re going to use Age Old. It’s not for organics.
I figured that just meant the grow was no longer organic, which I dont really care about, as long as the plant gets all the stuff it needs and doesnt affect the flowering.

What's the probiotic mix? I have been using my homebrew kombucha while in 1st ferment to lower my ph when needed. I put a big batch in the tent for potential co2. Curious what you are doing for probiotics. I did make some LAB but yet to use.
Lower your pH with lemon juice if you’re organic.

Back
Top Bottom