What is this, is it burn

leafy86

Hi guys. OK so I came home last nite and there was water droplets on a couple of my plants (this was 45 mins after light had came back on and humidity is getting around 90 with light off) I dabbed them off with tissue and woke up this morning and this was on the plant that had the most water on. I fed them yesterday but gave the 2 pics the same. The 2 plants were the same yesterday apart from the one with marks was very very slightly brighter green than the other. Help please is it just where the water was on the plant or something more?

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    903.5 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    867 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    827.3 KB · Views: 111
The water droplets just say that the plants are doing a good job pulling water up trough the roots and out of the leaves. The plant showing the most of this is the most active plant however, and it of course would have the biggest nutritional needs. The leaves are starting to show an alarming amount of damage however, and I suspect it involves several nutrients. This leads me to think that you are having a pH problem. What did you feed them with and what did you adjust the pH of your fluids to before you applied them to the soil?

The water droplets just say that the plants are doing a good job pulling water up trough the roots and out of the leaves. The plant showing the most of this is the most active plant however, and it of course would have the biggest nutritional needs. The leaves are starting to show an alarming amount of damage however, and I suspect it involves several nutrients. This leads me to think that you are having a pH problem. What did you feed them with and what did you adjust the pH of your fluids to before you applied them to the soil?
Hi again @Emilya . I gave them both 2litres of water with 2ml canna A and B, 4 ml rhizotonic. ec 1.1 and ph 5.8

Hi again @Emilya . I gave them both 2litres of water with 2ml canna A and B, 4 ml rhizotonic. ec 1.1 and ph 5.8
You will have to remind me, but if that is coco then the 5.8 is correct, but I have no clue what your dosage amounts mean, other than I can tell that your plants are starting to look hungry. If you are for some reason keeping your nutes on the low side, you might want to up the amounts a bit. Tell me more about the medium please, and your watering frequency.

You will have to remind me, but if that is coco then the 5.8 is correct, but I have no clue what your dosage amounts mean, other than I can tell that your plants are starting to look hungry. If you are for some reason keeping your nutes on the low side, you might want to up the amounts a bit. Tell me more about the medium please, and your watering frequency.
Yes it's canna coco plus with 30% perlite. I've been following this guid near enough and just making sure coco damp about 750ml of water every 2 days till I have them 2 litres yesterday. And I meant I habmve them 2ml canna A, 2ml canna B and 4ml rhizotonic in 2litres of water. They was fine at 11pm last night then like this 9am this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200429-114309.png
    Screenshot_20200429-114309.png
    305 KB · Views: 87
Yes it's canna coco plus with 30% perlite. I've been following this guid near enough and just making sure coco damp about 750ml of water every 2 days till I have them 2 litres yesterday. And I meant I habmve them 2ml canna A, 2ml canna B and 4ml rhizotonic in 2litres of water. They was fine at 11pm last night then like this 9am this morning
Try as I might, I can not find your dosage choices at any place in that chart. At what week are you working at and you will have to convince me that you are following this chart since I don't see B called for at this point and I see that they call for a lot more of the A than you are using. For the size of your plants it sounds to me like you are using the wrong mix and at way too light of a dosage, according to what i can see on the chart, but then again, I don't use those nutes so maybe I am not seeing it correctly.

Try as I might, I can not find your dosage choices at any place in that chart. At what week are you working at and you will have to convince me that you are following this chart since I don't see B called for at this point and I see that they call for a lot more of the A than you are using. For the size of your plants it sounds to me like you are using the wrong mix and at way too light of a dosage, according to what i can see on the chart, but then again, I don't use those nutes so maybe I am not seeing it correctly.
If you look in the red box it says canna a and b?? And I'm at 3 weeks. Also I'm going slightly weaker than the chart as I'm doing autos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200430-173137.png
    Screenshot_20200430-173137.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 84
Ah ha... ok, now I see the dosage. Well, the looks of your plants corresponds in my mind to exactly what your plant should like if you were scrimping on the nutes, as you are.
You have bought into the hype that Autos are somehow special and that they can survive on less nutes than a regular plant. Truth be told, the opposite is the case... these fast growing plants can actually use MORE nutes if they are growing correctly. Many of the online "gurus" will repeat this myth over and over again, making you think that Autos are the opposite of every other plant out there.. that they have less feeding needs and never should be repotted.

Up your nutes to the suggested level and see what happens. You are not trusting me if you do this... you are not disparaging the advice that you have read somewhere else, you will simply be following the feeding suggestions for your nutrient line. I would trust them over anyone else mentioned here, including me. Try it... and see what happens. I see no downside from trying this, other than at the very worst you might see a bit of leaf tip burn, which would be much less of a crisis than what is going on now.

Ah ha... ok, now I see the dosage. Well, the looks of your plants corresponds in my mind to exactly what your plant should like if you were scrimping on the nutes, as you are.
You have bought into the hype that Autos are somehow special and that they can survive on less nutes than a regular plant. Truth be told, the opposite is the case... these fast growing plants can actually use MORE nutes if they are growing correctly. Many of the online "gurus" will repeat this myth over and over again, making you think that Autos are the opposite of every other plant out there.. that they have less feeding needs and never should be repotted.

Up your nutes to the suggested level and see what happens. You are not trusting me if you do this... you are not disparaging the advice that you have read somewhere else, you will simply be following the feeding suggestions for your nutrient line. I would trust them over anyone else mentioned here, including me. Try it... and see what happens. I see no downside from trying this, other than at the very worst you might see a bit of leaf tip burn, which would be much less of a crisis than what is going on now.
OK thanks a lot @Emilya I will do that I'm morning. And like I said in first post that plant Was lighter green before suggesting she was hungry.

@Emilya also you don't think the drops on the leaves was from the humidity being to high then no. I'm putting extractor fan on when light go out today to keep it at 70 but just asking anyhow?

@Emilya also you don't think the drops on the leaves was from the humidity being to high then no. I'm putting extractor fan on when light go out today to keep it at 70 but just asking anyhow?
No, that is not it. These plants can handle humidity just fine, as I can attest to by living and growing in a state where a good part of late summer includes 90+ temps and 100% humidity. The plants evaporate water from their leaves so as to build up the needed water pressure to pull water up from the roots. You simply caught the natural process as it was happening and before the water could evaporate. Your room fan, the temps and the lights should take care of that water before it causes a problem. I always have a couple of oscillating fans going in the grow room, light or dark, to take care of this problem so as to keep mold and mildew from occurring, and to exercise my plants.

No, that is not it. These plants can handle humidity just fine, as I can attest to by living and growing in a state where a good part of late summer includes 90+ temps and 100% humidity. The plants evaporate water from their leaves so as to build up the needed water pressure to pull water up from the roots. You simply caught the natural process as it was happening and before the water could evaporate. Your room fan, the temps and the lights should take care of that water before it causes a problem. I always have a couple of oscillating fans going in the grow room, light or dark, to take care of this problem so as to keep mold and mildew from occurring, and to exercise my plants.
Thanks just it's the first time I seen it and panicked. I jav a small fan blowing on them but no extractor..... Well I just put it on now as lights have just gone off I will monitor and keep conditions at 70humidity and 21 temp. Thanks so much

Hey @Emilya .so yesterday upped feed from 3.7a and b in 2 litres of water to 5ml a and b in 2 litres water never gave rhizotonic and found this this morning. Haven't been giving calmag as plants have been REALLY healthy. Any ideas?

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    751.3 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom