What is this? Kelp like stuff in bottom of DWC

AK907BUD

image29728.jpg

It looks like kelp almost, formed in a week, it's a brown like slime... any ideas???

It's likely algae. Any amount of light in DWC will encourage algae to grow. Algae is a common problem in DWC and hydro systems.

What nutes you using ?
Could be mold I ?

I'm using general hydroponics nutrients and orca, could be algae, having same issues in another grow bucket but what looks to be root rot doesn't seem to be slowing the plant down in growth (at least I don't think, first grow and she's going steady) no nutrient deficiency on leaves showing... Could be the light issue thou coming throu my medium perhaps, I'll fill in more just in case...

Update of issue: So I've been using the z7 and hydroguard, had to switch my buckets from grey to black since light was penetrating through the bucket itself. Growth has since regained and no more constant slim or root rot issues. Thanks everyone again

Update of issue: So I've been using the z7 and hydroguard, had to switch my buckets from grey to black since light was penetrating through the bucket itself. Growth has since regained and no more constant slim or root rot issues. Thanks everyone again

Thanks for the update!

I actually ordered that stuff, should be here tomorrow or so, should I be using Orca? If I'm using z7

DukeO turned me onto Flying Skull z7 and I use a lot of bennie's, so I emailed Flying Skull and got the owner Gordan Redman, he is also the formulator of z7..dude knows his stuff...anywho, he said you can run any type of bacteria/fungi with z7 enzymes, that the z7 will clean the bio slime off the roots and expedite the hand shake between the bennie's and the roots. I use mycorrhizae, trichoderma bacteria, and hydroguard with z7....Orca is Mycorrhizae fungi, so you're good to go. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom