What is this problem

Fatlad

Hi people . I'm really struggling to diagnose my plants problem they all seem to be suffering the same.. they have been like this since I transplanted them to bigger pots ... im trying to work out whether they have been over watered or its light problem ( mars hydro fc4800 ) ... when I transplanted them I put 1 litre of water in each pot and since then only lightly fed them cal mag but only in 50ml cups as I'm trying to dry the pots out .. Any advice would be extremely grateful as I can't seem to sort the problem :(

20220807_195346.jpg

20220807_195341.jpg

I see clay balls on top, what's underneath? Looks like very dry coco. Could be a potential K deficiency. If that's coco, it should never be allowed to go dry. What nutes are you using? Are you using calmag? Are you PHing the water? If so, to what PH? Need more info to render any pertinent advice.

Hiya :ciao:
That looks a lot like 60/40 which is a hydro mix (?) so you can almost run water/feed through that non-stop
50ml is nowhere near enough water - try wetting/feeding the entire pot with 1L at least every day, you'll almost certainly get a lot of run off so a tray of perlite underneath like a hempy will help too

I see clay balls on top, what's underneath? Looks like very dry coco. Could be a potential K deficiency. If that's coco, it should never be allowed to go dry. What nutes are you using? Are you using calmag? Are you PHing the water? If so, to what PH? Need more info to render any pertinent advice.
Hi I'm using coco 60/40 ... I watered them when I 1st transplanted them with 1 litre of pH water but they was not growing so presumed they was over watered so trying to dry the pots as much as I can .. they look dry on top but they are still a bit of weight in them.. I have recently tried feeding them with cal mag and a weak feed .. always ph to 5.8 .. im kinda stuck at which direction to go with them .. my light is on 75% and over 20" away from each plant ... there is 10 plants all together and the all look the same leaves but some are a lot smaller

Hiya :ciao:
That looks a lot like 60/40 which is a hydro mix (?) so you can almost run water/feed through that non-stop
50ml is nowhere near enough water - try wetting/feeding the entire pot with 1L at least every day, you'll almost certainly get a lot of run off so a tray of perlite underneath like a hempy will help too
I did this at the beginning but looked like it my plants was over watered and not growing

Never allow that mix to go dry, it should be watered daily with nutes and calmag. Follow the manufacturers dosing recommendation for nutes in coco, your plants are hungry. Unless you're flushing to remove salts, never give plain water. Also, did you flush the 60/40 before the transplant/first use? It is recommended. What nute line are you using? Lastly make sure your pots are elevated above the catch tray, so the pots never sits in runoff water.

From the 60/40 site:
  • As 60/40 is a much more airy substrate than coco you need to water more often, depending on container size and plant uptake. 2 to 3 feeds per day are generally enough for 60/40. Small size pots and bigger plants dry out the substrate quicker, so adjust the watering frequency accordingly.

Thanks guys I will give them a water then I honestly thought less is best when it comes to the 1st few week of veg .. I will run some nutes and calmag through them then hopefully see some improvement.. once again thanks for the advice its very much appreciated

Never allow that mix to go dry, it should be watered daily with nutes and calmag. Follow the manufacturers dosing recommendation for nutes in coco, your plants are hungry. Unless you're flushing to remove salts, never give plain water. Also, did you flush the 60/40 before the transplant/first use? It is recommended. What nute line are you using? Lastly make sure your pots are elevated above the catch tray, so the pots never sits in runoff water.

From the 60/40 site:
  • As 60/40 is a much more airy substrate than coco you need to water more often, depending on container size and plant uptake. 2 to 3 feeds per day are generally enough for 60/40. Small size pots and bigger plants dry out the substrate quicker, so adjust the watering frequency accordingly.
No I've never flushed before transplant just usually plant them then run water through them

Light burn, which can translate to potassium deficiency. That light has UV/IR, which is actually more intense to the YOUNG plant. You should be getting around 300 par at this age of the plant. Your giving her probably around 600. UV and IR enhances the light, and its intensity.

Light burn, which can translate to potassium deficiency. That light has UV/IR, which is actually more intense to the YOUNG plant. You should be getting around 300 par at this age of the plant. Your giving her probably around 600. UV and IR enhances the light, and its intensity.
So should I drop it down to 50% then

Back
Top Bottom