What is Vegetative growth?

In a 5x5 under 1kw HID, I plan on vegging for 4 weeks and trying LST method.

Vegging time is not as critical or monitoring necessary, in my humble opinion, as bloom timing. I just put a Bubblegum plant in the bloom room that I cloned on December 27, 2011. It stayed in my little cloner cabinet until it was moved to the veg room on January 20, 2012. I moved it to the bloom room on June 9, 2011. It is scheduled for harvest on August 4. 2012. Of course I will be monitoring trichome hue and leaf health etc. to determine the actual harvest date. Low Stress Training is most effective when used out of necessity for height room etc. I know some folks claim stressing the plant increases trichome production, but imho the jury is out on that.

LST is meant to increase yield by growing multiple main tops instead of just one, it's not only for height challenged grow rooms. Supercropping would be the thing to do out of necessity in height challenged grow rooms. Vegging is necessary to increase your yield! I'm not sure what you meant by bloom timing? To me that is just another way of saying vegging time :hmmmm:

I don't intentionally stress my plants, (they get plenty without me trying) but to me it makes logical since that trichome production would increase with stress. The Trichs act as a defense mechanism against insects. Studies have also shown an increase in trichome production when the humidity was lowered because they act as a barrier to retain moisture similar to succulents. It has also been thought to act as a sunscreen against the suns harmful rays because the trichomes reflect light

LST is meant to increase yield by growing multiple main tops instead of just one, it's not only for height challenged grow rooms. Supercropping would be the thing to do out of necessity in height challenged grow rooms. Vegging is necessary to increase your yield! I'm not sure what you meant by bloom timing? To me that is just another way of saying vegging time :hmmmm:

I don't intentionally stress my plants, (they get plenty without me trying) but to me it makes logical since that trichome production would increase with stress. The Trichs act as a defense mechanism against insects. Studies have also shown an increase in trichome production when the humidity was lowered because they act as a barrier to retain moisture similar to succulents. It has also been thought to act as a sunscreen against the suns harmful rays because the trichomes reflect light

OK fimming and topping as LST is a natural to increase yield.

Wait what?

Fimming and topping = snipping the tops off the plants to get them to split and produce more tops. Fimming and topping are variations of where to place the cut. This technique turns your plant from a christmas tree to a bush.
Outdoors this technique is phenomenal. I remember one plant I grew. It was gigantic. In late September a wind storm went through and blew about a third of the plant down. I harvested it (the 1/3) and got 18 ounces. The rest of the plant was eventually stolen so I don't know what the final full maturity harvest was/would have been.

Okay sorry I didn't understand what that last post meant. Most forms of training do increase yield. I combine topping/Fimming with LST to get as many tops as possible which is very helpful when it comes to Scrogging! I try to only Top/Fim a few times before LST'ing because it seems to delay growth for a few days whereas LST has no ill side effects! I guess it makes since since LST is a form of Low Stress Training & topping/fimming are forms of high stress training.

I guess I'll veg until I am two feet from running out or vertical space

My second grow I cut larger fan leaves did excellent for lower bud's also increased total bud growth.Got a lb. off 1 plant.:volcano-smiley:

The time of development in the middle of germination and blossoming is known as the vegetative period of plant advancement(vegetative growth). Amid the vegetative stage, plants are caught up with completing photosynthesis and aggregating assets that will be required for blooming and multiplication.

Hi everyone I am growing a single marijuana plant from a seed and it's about a foot tall. I was just wondering how and when it should flower..? I just pinched the top so it will grow into two stocks. Its been in the vegetation stage since a little before 5-31-15. Is this too long of a time period?

Back
Top Bottom