What is Vegetative growth?

hi am on 1000w mh and my temps are 31c but my termomiter is ander the lghit to see radiant heat from the light is that good ???

and i have 9 they are 3 days old how to water them they are in soil

31°C is pretty hot - especially, I would think, for seedlings. And I would consider a 1000-watt MH to be overkill for newly "hatched" seedlings unless you have several dozen going and require the area-coverage of a 1kW MH set at a higher height than what you would be running it for normal (established plants) vegetative growth.

Of course, I'm not the kind of grower that gets into an extreme hurry right off the bat, I don't advocate killing a fly with a howitzer when a fly-swatter will do the trick at a cheaper price, and I believe in waiting until the plant is (sexually) mature before flowering so trying for extreme growth right off the bat would be counterproductive for me. YMMV, of course.

my 1000 waltz bulb is about 2 feet above the baby plants (4 days) and till now they i looking good and green but i was wondering if i should pull up the bulb any higher ??

over kill !! you will burn em/

fan 4 SURE!!!HEAT!!

dont understand ur post

when using coco do you fertalize it like u would in soil/every other feed/or since it has no nutrient values do you go hro on it,feed it every time u water,really could use some suggestions asap.please.ty very much

When do you transplant seedlings to larger pots? I have 4 seedlings (3 have 3 sets of leaves, 1 has 2 sets). I am trying not to do newbie mistakes (and don't want to over water or mess with them too much)! Thank you!

I have found that if a plant is kept in vegetative growth for to long the plant will become root bound. A root bound plant will become stunted and show signs of flowering.

Frog said:
I never used the Super Thrive, so I can't say.
Not always a choice about Best, but which is cheaper and handy, for me.

Hey Frog, have you tried Baby Bio? The new improved bottle? Also they do a pink bottle and dif NPK ratios for Orchids but I went the expensive route Dutch Pro A&B, D.P Explode Plant Magics Bloom Boost. My miss's keeps saying try them both maybe just as cheap and maybe very yeilds as the one bottle had higher levels ov NPK ratios than the dearer products so I will be trying some out peace&love happy growing

so if your plant is in veg and on week lets say three and i can see the two white pistins coming out that say hey im a female i should cut some of the bigger leaf? to accelerate the grow at the top of the plant?

if i let a plant get to one foot tall for veg how big will it be when it is done flowering and same thing witha 2 ft vegged plant of 60percent indica and 40 sativa?

Under normal circumstances, maintaining ambient temps, humidity, nutrients, etc. (environment) your plants should nearly double in size. This takes for granted you have root space and none of your environmental factors goes out of the envelope.

What growing medium are you using?

Back
Top Bottom