What is wrong with my plants?

delta.9

Let me start off by saying that I check the soil often and water as needed. They are getting plenty of sunshine and fresh air and I am using good water.

Here are some pics:

Plant_5_7-3-07.jpg

Plant_4_7-3-07.jpg

Plant_3_7-3-07.jpg

Plant_2_7-3-07.jpg

Plant_1_7-3-07.jpg

I am concerned about a few things.

1. The color of the leaves (especially the ones on the bottom of the plants) are very yellow.
2. The fullness of the plants - they keep growing up but not out. The strain is supposed to be short and bushy, not tall and skinny.
3. I planted them as seedlings on 4/20. It's been over 2 months and they are not yet showing sex yet. Is this normal?
4. In the third pic, the top leaves are curled, is that just because they are new?

I know that there are these small grasshopperlike bugs eating the leaves, is there anything I can use to keep them and other bugs away?

Other than what I've mentioned do you notice any other problems?

Based on what I've said and showed, can anybody offer some suggestions or advice to help them out?

:adore: Much appreciated!!!

What is/are the best method(s) for feeding the plant Nitrogen? I'm gonna go find out the details on the strain, maybe it might offer some ideas.

All ferts. are rated in N-P-K. This stands for the nutrients Nitrogen Phosphorus and Potassium which are the basic building blocks for a plants food. A typical fert. might read 10-10-10. This means there is 10% of every one of these nutrients in the fert. Other ferts may be higher in one number than the other. What you need is a fert. high in the first number, which would be nitrogen. Fish emulsion would be a good source of Nitrogen as well as other nutrients.

What is it? Is it chemical or organic? What are it's numbers (N-P-K)? And most importantly, what do the instructions say?

Damn, just checked. It's a low N organic fert. Off to the garden store! Any recommendations on a fert?

fish poop
bat poop

all high in N
I use my own fish poop from my 20 plus fish tank filters...20 gallon tank
i take the filters and spray them down in the sink onder a huge bowl, then pour the water in my water jug, and more water..shake, shake, shake
see my journal for the results during veg
I will be using both the fish water and big bloom for the flower, which is goin on now!

Will you link me to the journal with the details on your fert usage? I have a fish tank too so that might be a good use of fish poop :laughtwo:

I just bought a soil fert (12-0-0) and added 2 tablespoons to about 1.5 cu. ft. of organic soil and added it to the planters then misted the soil to allow the roots to absorb it.

However, today I noticed the top leaves on another plant started curling up like they were in the plant in the 4th photo in my original post. Why are the leaves curling like that? Upon touch, the didn't feel healthy, almost like they were dry or something, but I know they have plenty of water. Could it be too much heat (it has been near 100 degrees here for 5 days now) and/or too much direct sun?

What do you suggest? I am not at home to take them in during high temps. Should I just put them under my overhang until it cools down? They won't get much direct sunlight and it's much cooler under there because once it hits noon the sun is blocked by the overhang.

If I left them under the overhang until I get home from work, they would get direct sunlight from sunrise until about noon. Then for about 4 hours they would get light but not direct sunlight. Would that work? Any other recommendations? I have to work around my schedule.

I moved em to the side of my house where the light gets blocked by the walls throughout the day and it's a bit more shady. I will try this out for a day or two. I'm worried though, because the leaves are not looking too healthy and have curled up on 2 of the 4. Is there anything I can do to reverse this?

Back
Top Bottom