what is wrong with plants? leaves dying

Topgear

I need help ASAP, a few of my plants leaves are turning yellow an looks as if my plants are dying it is only happening to a few plants and some worse than others. This problem has affected my last two grows. I have never had it before. On my last grow it developed much later on in the flowering stage and didn't affect the outcome of my crop but this time it has started much earlier. I recently moved so I thought it could be the tap water in my area so switched to bottled water but this hasn't helped anything. On my last grow I thought it was a cal/mg issue so have been adding cal/mag to every feed at the recommended dose. I'm really confused to what it could be so any advice would be greatly appreciated I'll add grow info and pics below. Thanks

Strain — Multi strain ( green house exodus cheese, Barneys critical kush, afghan kush and world of seeds amnesia) the exodus cheese seem most badly affected.
# of Plants - 18
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage — Vegetative 4 weeks about to be flipped 12/12
Bucket Size — 11.5 litre
Lights - (3) total of 1000 real watts LED
Nutrients — biobizz grow and bloom
Medium — bio bizz all mix
PH - 6.5
RH - 40% to 55%
Room Temperature — (22 to 27 degrees c)
Room Square Footage — 1.2M x 2.4M
Pests - None Known

IMG_010838.JPG

Re: what is wrong with plants? leaves dying.

i have also been told this and have been adding cal/mag at the recommended level, i'll try using more. this problem has only started happening since i made the switch to LED never experienced this with HPS once just a lot of heat issues. if i don't find a solution soon i'll have to switch back..

I don't think its cal mag. Looks like over nuted or maybe a potassium deficiency. Check for soil pests by taking a potato slice and put it into the soil and see what bugs migrate to it

i am using the Biobizz all-mix i normally use the light-mix but still had the same problem on my last crop it just took longer to develop i'm probably going to switch soil for my next grow and nutrients so any recommendations would be appreciated. they have only had two feeds as they are only 4 weeks old i normally rotate the feed 1 just water then next with feed starting 3 weeks in. i know i'm doing something wrong just can't figure out what it is.

Looks like severe nute burn. All Mix and you started feeding at week 2 with grow and bloom.......

I know that's what the feed schedule says to do, but it's always best to start all plants at 1/4 strength and see how they tolerate it, the fact that all plants are differently affected is also a good indicator, some girls are heavy/voracious feeders and others just don't need the help and will protest if you insist.

I use prefertilised soil and never feed until a week after the final transplant which is usually week 4. I tend to respond to what each individual plant is doing and feed and water as needed rather than blindly following nute manufacturers schedules.

Good luck

sorry for the late reply been overloaded with work.

i started feeding biobizz grow at week 3 but the problem started a week or 2 before that which leads me to believe it's the soil, in all previous crops i have used the the light mix but this time i have used all mix. i also started them straight in the 11.5 liter pots they are in now, i usually start them in a smaller pot in just coco coir then transplant at week 3 but ran out of coir so just put them in their final pot from the start.

would you recommend a flush with just water would this help? that's the only thing i can think of that will help but don't want to do it if it will make things worse.

thanks for all the replies.

I never flush so I am the the wrong person to ask. Plagron Growmix is the equivalent of Biobizz all mix. I use Plagron Growmix and from the minute my seeds push their roots out of the root riots they grow straight into the Plagron Growmix that is underneath the root riot.

Nute burn is a warning from the plant, it is never a terminal condition unless the grower ignores the warning and proceeds to feed nutes ignoring what the plant is saying. Sounds to me like that is what you did. All Mix is plenty for a light feeder until week 4.

I know what the nute schedule says but you have to listen to the plant not theoretical timetables.....

I would hold nutes until she starts looking better and then only start at 1/4 strength .

thanks for the quick reply.

so by feeding the plant after signs of nute burn i have made the situation worse is what your saying if i follow you correctly. i'll stop feed on the plants that are affected until they improve and lower the dose on the ones that are doing okay to stop it happening to them as well. i'm going to flush them now to try clean the soil and maybe speed up the recovery process.

have you used biobizz soils? i see from your grow journal you use some of their nutes. would you recommend Plagron over Bio bizz ? iv'e been considering changing medium for a while now.

Yes you understood me.

The plants that are doing okay are heavier feeders and will probably be okay with what you are doing.

I have never used BioBizz soil. i am not in a position to compare the two brands, I was using only biobizz nutes but then realised that the plants benefit from root stimulator/additive and my research led me to Plagron power roots which has served me well through my first six complete grows. I bought the Plagron pk 13/14 cos the guy in the growshop said it would make a mega difference if I used it once or twice about 4 weeks before harvest.

Back
Top Bottom