What is wrong with the plant?

SuperSize

could someone tell me what is wrong with this lady? been doing a lot of reading in many forums for the last 6 weeks, that's the age they are since put in to bubble bucket from clones

ph runs from 5.2 to 6.1 then adjust again usually every 2 days it needs dropping

room temp 76c, it was very hot the last week and temp was at 85c 86c, but water temp always kept below 72c

the leaves were nice and healthy before the weather got so hot just one week before this showing, but temp are back to normal again since yesterday.

I'm using advance nutrient sensi grow at half strength, had a bit of problem with the water temp at the start and had root problem for first week or 2, fixed the problem by keeping water temp and added H2O2, I know it is not nute burn anyway

any input please, thanks

DSC_03366.JPG

oh the temp was really plus 70 CELCIUS?!! thats got a big part to play! wow how is it so hot? you dont have good ventelation? got more pics of your setup, that would help to get an answer for you :)

sorry I meant room temp is now back to 75f 76f, it went as high as 85f to 86f, it happened for the second time, I had leafs gone like that a month back when the temp was above 80f, these girls don't seem to like the high temp very much, anything over 78f they look unhappy, I have a 6" fan to suck the air out through the hood of the 600w hps, never had a single problem in winter grow, this is my first summer grow and I have nothing but problems, first was the roots, then its the leafs, it did recover last time when the leafs went like that, just went to check them now a minute ago, the leaf color seems to have returned a little bit, I wonder if it's anything to do with the heat, only thing I found that looked the same on google was a plant that might have some sort of tobacco virus, but if that was the case, it wouldn't have recover from the last time would it? and both times it went like this due to high heat!!

here's some better pics taken, and the leaves are not as light green now, getting darker, like how it recovered the last time

these 2 are the smaller girls, I have a third plant which is 3 times the size of one of these girl if not a bit bigger than 3 times the size, that has got effected as well but by very little compare to these 2, when I had the temp running no higher than 76f 77f, they all look good and healthy, not much effect on the growth, it has slowed down by a few days compare to when the temp was kept low.

DSC_03367.JPG

DSC_03378.JPG

hey wow after seeing the bottom pic, i also should find out about what this is, my house mate has 5 unknown clones, and they have exactly the same problem. we looked for what it might be, and we thought in the end, that they were over watered and the magnesium had been flushed out of soil as they were in 8 liter pots and he had over watered them.. since 10 days they are in better soil, he was using soil from garden center.. plus we think its to do with the ph and quality of the soil, because since we put it in allmix soil, the new growth is 100% healthy

hope this helps you?

thanks for the info, the only time I see them growing happy and health was when air temp kept at below 78f and water temp below 72f, other than that this is how they look, I don't get it myself, I've had plants growing healthy and happy at 80f to 84f before, then again I've had G13 doing the same thing at same temp, unless my gauges are not reading correctly, but 3 gauges can't be all wrong

You must not forget that nature has no gauges, different strains like different micro climates :)

listen to the plants , and not technology and im sure she will get better, it sounds like she is sensitive to temperature, so find what she likes and keep it the same temp :)

yea they are getting better now since the temp has been dropped back to around 75f to 78f and no higher for the last 2 days, I am very sure it is not nute burn, as they been taking up nutes nicely before this happened and ppm drops by a little everyday, by the week is over and I change out the buckets both buckets would have dropped around 80ppm, the bigger one is 3 times the size now compare to the 2 smaller ones, they smaller ones had a hard time getting their roots going at the start and got delay a lot compare to their big sister

yea I don't go by the one rule on all grow, I try to learn what the girls prefer and try to give them what they want, only way to archive higher in yield than just throw them in there and leave them be. at times even a clone from the same mother reacts differently, these 3 girls are all from the same mother, they all prefer the same environment but they have a little different reacting to higher temp, one made it through with very little delay where as the other 2 didn't make it through without a lot of caring :)

here's a pic of the 3 sisters together, you can see better from pic above where the 2 smaller ones are sitting, and they have gotten bushier today already :)

DSC_03379.JPG

another weird thing is, they big girl suddenly has springtails appearing in the bucket, I pick them out everyday, but nothing in the other bucket where the 2 smaller ones are, at the same time, the big one is healthier than the other 2, weird, I did a lot of reading on that as well and so far, what I can gather is that springtails do no harm to the plants, and they eat dead plant matters, there are small bits and pieces of roots in the buckets, I get that in every grow, I guess they are broken from the air bubbles???

nute burn can happen at any time and at any stage, and that is what it looks like is going on with your plants. don't be fooled into thinking that because x,y or z happened yesterday that you're now immune to it...

it is not nute burn, they have recovered from that problem after a res changed with buckets washed out with H2O2 and a fresh bucket of soup with slightly higher ppm, also they have been doing very well since my last pic posted, and got a lot bigger, just been put in to 12/12 2 days ago and have pre-flower with 5mm long pistils everywhere

One of my strains does this sometimes. Cheesequake is the strain and the leaves on your first post looked like a calmag or other deficiency. Ive senn changes since calmag but a grow shop said to add a tiny bit of epsom salts, I didnt do that because just a pinch can cause problems. If you arent already pick up some cal-mag and use that through veg and bloom. Hope that helps

thanks for the tip, but they are good now, all new growth are nice and green, no more strange looking leaves, I've them in 12/12 now for 4 days, pre flower on every nodes, they are getting advance nutrients sensi bloom, voodoo juice for first 2 weeks, rhino skin all the way and bud candy all the way, this week change will be adding b52 as well for 2 weeks, change that to big buds for 2 weeks, then change that to overdrive for 2 weeks, then GH Ripen for 1 week then plain water till harvest

Back
Top Bottom