What is wrong?

Snowdawg420

Grown for personal use many times, I always do pretty good. I have a lot of seeds I bred from Snowdawg strain and lately the bottom leaves turn brown, now only a few plants do it and they always seem to go ahead bud and turn off decent bud. I've tried to stop this, they are grown in soil, Happy Frog by Fox Farm with some earthworm castings added and a small percentage of Ocean Forest by Fox Farm added as well. Then I use bat gauno for flowering, with some Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom added at full and half power for the Tiger. I have been getting these brown spotted bottom leaves on only a few plants and one was showing tip burn only on the very top growing shoots with some very slight brown spotting going back from the burnt tips, not too bad at all but the same plant does have the very bottom leaves affected as well. Other than that they look very good. Any ideas? (using water PH ed to 6.5)

I also have two females (just showing sex) I transplanted together into a 18 gallon tub filled with pure Fox Farm Ocean Floor potting soil that have not had anything else added in the way of fertilizer and only one of those two are showing brown bottom leaves. I just went ahead and flushed all the plants as I'm thinking nute burn at this point. ? These are all about 18 days into a 12/12 cycle and the males have been removed.

I've looked at that chart many times, but why if it's a nute lacking does it get worse when I fertilize? I just watered and fertilized last evening and the brown spotted leaves popped up in 24 hours on a few more plants. Always the very bottom larger leaves, my water is in the correct range for soil.

How many grows in that soil? What is the soil ph? Run off ph? Salt build up in the soil? Lots of things to check to narrow it down. FWIW I'm a dwc guy and follow my ph daily now. I have to. Give it a few more hours as it's just now breakfast on the other side of the world, & I'm sure one of the soil gurus will speak up with better advice.

All new soil, ph is 6.5 . I don't think it's a nute deficiency because it got worse with fertilizer. Also it's strange to me I transplanted the two females in the same six gallon pot, into a eighteen gallon tub filled with nearly pure Fox Farm Ocean soil, which is very potent and I'd watered those only once since and yet only one of those plants shows spotting on the very bottom large leaves.

You may be locking out nutrients by feeding too much. The spots look like calcium deficiency, but probably caused by too much nitrogen. Your leaves don't look "dark" green accept the one in the first pic., but it does look like your leaves are clawing down, which indicates nitrogen toxicity.. Too much nitrogen will lock out calcium. Do you have a pic of the whole plant??

Are you using fox farm nutrients as well. If over fed it will tend to lock up. I'd flush as previously stated. Then let dry all the way out. And flush again before going back to nutrients

They really aren't yellow, thats the hps lights. I use ph ed adjusted well water. The wall for example is pure bright white and in the picture is yellow colored.

The bottom brown/spotted leaves combined with the discolored tips with some brown spots has/had me baffled. I certainly appreciate any advice to help me clear this up.

Flushed them tonight will let them dry flush again, I have grown for years and never had this problem until I started growing this snowdawg strain which still turns out excellent bud. Thanks all!

Just thought I'd share. We grow roughly 20+ Strains and 1 Dj short f13 to be exact gets mag def bad. I have to water it separate than the rest and add epsom salts. Pain in the ass but some patients like it.
So some Strains are just high maintenance girls

I've looked at that chart many times, but why if it's a nute lacking does it get worse when I fertilize? I just watered and fertilized last evening and the brown spotted leaves popped up in 24 hours on a few more plants. Always the very bottom larger leaves, my water is in the correct range for soil.

Maybe try heading in the opposite direction.. flush and give them a week? To me it looks like nute burn. Personally I don't trust those boutique soils.

They already look better in so much as the leaves are pointing upwards.

I just noticed my pictures are disappearing, I guess tinypic is deleting them. I just read I should host them through this site instead.

They already look better in so much as the leaves are pointing upwards.

I just noticed my pictures are disappearing, I guess tinypic is deleting them. I just read I should host them through this site instead.

Yea when posted through this site they stay up forever, as far as I know

Back
Top Bottom