420 Magazine Background

What is your preferred method for removing chlorine or chloramine in tap water?

The123321

Thanks. If 1000mg would remove the chlorine or chloramine in 40 gallons of water then would 1/40 of 1000mg or like 25mg remove the chlorine or chloramine in 1 gallon of water? The 1/4 teaspoon is like 1000mg and I would likely do like 1/5 or 1/4 of the 1/4 teaspoon per gallon or like 1/2 of the 1/4 teaspoon for 4 gallons of water on there.

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2020
Thanks. If 1000mg would remove the chlorine or chloramine in 40 gallons of water then would 1/40 of 1000mg or like 25mg remove the chlorine or chloramine in 1 gallon of water? The 1/4 teaspoon is like 1000mg and I would likely do like 1/5 or 1/4 of the 1/4 teaspoon per gallon or like 1/2 of the 1/4 teaspoon for 4 gallons of water on there.

yes, one of our members recently was talking about using the powdered ascorbic acid that they purchased, 1/2 a teaspoon in a 5 gallon bucket. Claimed that it worked just fine.

The123321

Thanks. Then I would likely do around 1/20 of a teaspoon per half or full gallon of tap water on there. I use a 1/4 teaspoon and I do like 1/5 or 1/4 of that on there.

I have read that it is harder to remove chloramine from tap water but what methods do you use to remove chlorine or chloramine or both of those from your tap water? I have been letting the water sit out a few nights before using it to water the plants but I am going to start using a 5 gallon bucket to let the water sit in it.

I am able to smell the chlorine smell in the tap water and the water seems to have a lower chlorine smell after it sits out a few days on there.

Do you use a air bubble pump? How big? Does it need to be in the dark on there?

I read about using ascorbic acid vitamin c powder to neutralize the chlorine or chloramine in water. That sounds like it would be the easiest way to do it. How many of you do that? How much do you use per gallon on there for it?

I use a dual water filter. first half is sediment filter, then it goes into a granulated carbon filter and fill my 55 gallon barrel. I also use this filtered water in my Aquaponic fish tank directly to keep it topped off. The filter water does not adversely effect my fish.
I have a Re-circulating pump that pumps the water out a 1/2" fitting.
Hose connected to it and makes a loop back into barrel.
this adds aeration to the water and helps to remove chemicals in the water.
I also have an air pump putting air into the air stone in the barrel.
I test it in a few days and if any left I got a bottle of something from my local Hydro store that finishes removing the chemicals.

Top Bottom